James LaBrie solo show in Poughkeepsie NY

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Just wanted to share a little bit about this with you guys... LaBrie's solo show was FANTASTIC!

The club was a pretty old bar/theater... there was about some 150, 200 people maybe? (I'm not very good with numbers) ... The setlist was based out of Elements of Persuasion and Mullmuzzler (Too bad they didn't play Smashed from Elements) but it was still awesome...

James' vocals are simply AMAZING live! I've seen Dream Theater 6 times before and he was never so perfect. I spoke to him before the show (we did a great interview with him for Paradise Metal, unfortunately you guys don't speak portuguese so you can't read it) and he told me that he's never been in a better shape vocal-wise. It was interesting as well that much of his influences for Elements come from nu metal bands like Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Meshuggah (Not nu metal), Sting, Peter Gabriel and Seal.. LOL I could never imagine that...

It was also very awesome to meet some ProgPower people and make some new friends! Evil and Dusro it was a great pleasure hanging out with you guys, see you in a few months!

I'll try to get the pics online soon! =P

AngraRULES said:
It was interesting as well that much of his influences for Elements come from nu metal bands like Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Meshuggah (Not nu metal), Sting, Peter Gabriel and Seal.. LOL I could never imagine that...

I could, from hearing the album. Don't want to start that again, though.

It's great to hear that he's in great vocal shape. Hopefully Octavarium will take advantage of that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And the funniest thing was the whole arguments between the bandmember's wives (Sonic Lords that is) and dusro and his crew...
And the drummer was such a fucking scumbag... after the show he comes to the front of the stage and he's like... "If you didn't like the show, then FUCK YOU ALL!" .. What a retard!

They shouldn't be opening for JL...

Yeah man. But you gotta admit, Sonic Lords were very entertaining....entertaining in a way I hope I never have to experience again.:lol:

More Beer!!! yes that is great! what were they thinking?? The wives after their set wanted a piece of my buddy Jon! they didnt like the booooooooooooos! that was one of the highlights of the trip! We had the best time fri and sat night they played the same songs on sat. But the crowd and opening band were better so we had a blast! It was great to meet more people form this fourm. Yes Angra does rule!

So which one of you was wearing the ProgPower V shirt?:D

I hear Portnoy and Rudess were at the Starland Ballroom show on Thursday night. I wonder how that went over, in terms of fans being around.

DementiaGuitar said:
So which one of you was wearing the ProgPower V shirt?:D

I hear Portnoy and Rudess were at the Starland Ballroom show on Thursday night. I wonder how that went over, in terms of fans being around.

I was wearing the Pagans Mind tshirt.... wore a PPV shirt on friday around town tho...

shitty opening bands , i booed too

was great meetin ya Angrarules

I was at the Starland Ballroom show...Labrie sounded incredible there too, and yes, Jordan and Mike were there but no one really bothered them at all. There were only about 125 people there, which sucked, but it was a great show nonetheless.

James will have a gig in Holland next week and i'm going to catch that show probably.....but not to see James.....can't help it, but i just want to see the supporting act....EVERGREY ! yes, my friends from Sweden are in Holland again!

It was DT that dragged me in the prog/metal scene years ago, but i don't care that much for James his solo stuff, sorry.

I might see some of his show, but i probably hang out with the EG guys :)

It's good to mention that in between sets we could hear someone scream as loud and funny as a Krakatoa (however the fuck you spell it...)

That was always dusro2... LOL LOL

I'm so pissed that I couldn't see LaBrie! I've been wanting to hear him perform his solo stuff since "Keep It To Yourself" first came out. Personally, I think "Elements Of Persuasion" beats "Train Of Thought." It's a shame that the crowds weren't too big for these shows, especially when you consider that New Jersey should be a hot area for Dream Theater-related shows. Unfortunately, all of my travelling money is going toward ProgPower, so I had no chance of catching one of my vocal idols. At least I'll get to see him on the Gigantour.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al