Jani VS Alexi ,round 1 FIGHT!

DeathPact

Packed with death
Jan 19, 2005
London, but not from
God i just Downloaded the Jani Liimatainen young guitar dvd thingy, and wow its just awhsome to check him play, he's style looks a bit more precise and god he is fast. id say Jani is better guitar player of the two. What you thinK?

Not that far, he's got different style and emphasises other things in his playing. Alexi's more of the cool melody licks that are not extremely fast but sound good, and Jani is more of fast scale combo's, which also sound cool. He's overall a bit better, but mainly faster.

Put it this way, Alexi can't play leads as smooth as Jani (nor can he make them seem as easy as Jani does) but, Jani couldn't probably play rhythm like Alexi ie. Bodom Beach Terror style.

Plus keep in mind that Jani is more fluent in tapping techniques and Alexi is more fluent than Jani in sweeping techniques (argueable though)

Wings of a dream said:
Put it this way, Alexi can't play leads as smooth as Jani (nor can he make them seem as easy as Jani does) but, Jani couldn't probably play rhythm like Alexi ie. Bodom Beach Terror style.

Plus keep in mind that Jani is more fluent in tapping techniques and Alexi is more fluent than Jani in sweeping techniques (argueable though)

Must agree with that...but I personnaly thought Janis rythms were pretty good. But I'm no guitar player...

Alexi is way better than than that Jani guy. Jani is just so lame and Sonata Arctica is a horrible band. Maybe the worst "metal" band from Finland, right after
Stratovarius. Those power"metal" bands are just gay.

SymbolicChaos said:
Alexi is way better than than that Jani guy. Jani is just so lame and Sonata Arctica is a horrible band. Maybe the worst "metal" band from Finland, right after
wtf dude...dont knock a guitar player based on the fact that you dont like the style of music they play..that does not mean they suck by any means...jani plays some really mean fucking solos..i like alexis playing a little more but jani fuckin rocks...however, i dont really like sonata artica too much.

SymbolicChaos said:

shut the fuck up, fag

SymbolicChaos said:

Yeah, long live tr00 arisk melo-death!!

I still belive that Jani is a better player than Alexi, from an objective point of view. But it's hard to measure.

TheSeldomlaid said:
Yeah, long live tr00 arisk melo-death!!

I still belive that Jani is a better player than Alexi, from an objective point of view. But it's hard to measure.

well...i play guitar...i tell you what...jani technique is much better then alexi's...but if we just care about this kind of skills (speed, smoothnes.eccc),then my guitar teacher is the best guitar player in the world...I know many people who can play note by note satriani,vai,becker... in the world there are thousand and thousand guitarist whose skills are better then alexi's...but playng guitar is not about how fast you can play an arpeggio or how many scales you know...so alexi is my fave guitar player, cause he is the only guitar hero in modern metal...
so i think he owns jani very much....
byez....