Janis Joplin

A. Iverson

deceased
Jul 17, 2005
Bahrain
Is it just me or is this woman simply incredible! After listening to various songs, i was awestruck, most notably by the song Rose. One of the most heartfelt songs ever.

JanisJoplin60s.jpg

I love you Janis :)

well im just a beginner myself so i wouldn't really know which album to recommend, although i'd love to hear the album which has the song Rose, but im not sure which album it was. She's been in a bunch of different projects, but i think Kozmic Blues is the band shes mostly associated with, so you might want to check that out...

although i agree metal_wrath is worthless, disliking janis joplin doesn't make him so. I pretty much can't stand her, either. But i'm not a big blues guy, so that's probably why.

NineFeetUnderground said:
no, that stands for you too. go listen to Opeth you knob.

lol what a fucking idiot, wtf do you know about me at all you pompous moron? just stop shitting if you have nothing coherent to say. ''Go listen to Opeth you knob''...lol...what a moron

i aint play this said:
lol what a fucking idiot, wtf do you know about me at all you pompous moron? just stop shitting if you have nothing coherent to say. ''Go listen to Opeth you knob''...lol...what a moron

i dont need to know anything about you. and furthermore, i dont care...im just glad im not you.

NineFeetUnderground said:
Janis Joplin was an incredible talent. she transcends all metalhead pedestrian criticisms any of you have to offer. just fyi.
Total agreement. Some think she was the greatest white-female blues singer ever!! And I happen to be one of them.

i understand why some may find her voice to be unappealing. I for one am completely loving it.

Btw, i stumbled upon an MP3 of Bette Midler singing Rose, so my question is, which Rose is the original and which is the cover?