Janis Joplin

i understand why some may find her voice to be unappealing. I for one am completely loving it.

Btw, i stumbled upon an MP3 of Bette Midler singing Rose, so my question is, which Rose is the original and which is the cover?

Bette Midler starred in The Rose, a movie based on Janis' life and death. I dont know who's who on the MP3 you've got since Bette did an amazing job singing in that movie:worship:

Talk about becoming a legend after your death.

She wasn't very successful in her time.

In fact, she played at The Olympia a few weeks before her death and the place was half empty.

Great voice, great talent but overrated because of the " dead artists become automatically better the day after their death " syndrome which is just annoying.

Talk about becoming a legend after your death.

She wasn't very successful in her time.

she just didnt receive the appreciation she deserved in her lifetime...thats all there is to it...there are many amazing musicians like that including nick drake.

she went gold with two of her albums if i remember correctly and she toured all over america with her kosmic blues and big brother and holding company. for me, thats sucess. not the best she deserved but it is something.

and man, can this woman sing with passion. i remember one of her performances where she just literally cried her heart out...my eyes watered. it was divine.

she just didnt receive the appreciation she deserved in her lifetime...thats all there is to it...there are many amazing musicians like that including nick drake.

she went gold with two of her albums if i remember correctly and she toured all over america with her kosmic blues and big brother and holding company. for me, thats sucess. not the best she deserved but it is something.

and man, can this woman sing with passion. i remember one of her performances where she just literally cried her heart out...my eyes watered. it was divine.

when did you see her??? you must be older than I thought...

Also I wonder how someone literally cries their heart out :err:

I couldn't hate her voice more. I hate her junkie-hippie posse. my opinion. my taste.

I've only got the cheap thrills album and i liked it pretty much initially, but after a while i couldn't stand her voice any longer. so, i can understand both sides, those who love her voice and those who don't.

never remembered to try some of her stuff before. saving a playlist in spotify with cheap thrills and pearl now, will listen later.