January 19th: Sun Caged plays Dynamo Eindhoven !!!!

Sun Caged

official announcements
Aug 14, 2002
The Netherlands
www.suncaged.com
Hello all

On Saturday the 19th of January 2008 Dynamo Eindhoven will bring you three progressive metal bands.

The Dutch band FeedForward has been around for 5 years now, and found its own unique style. This style can best be defined as a mix between progressive rock and melodic metal. However, no classical voice parts, no bombastic choirs. Instead, recognizable vocals and subdued harmonies. Instrumentally, the melodic base is broadened by influences from progressive metal and symphonic rock. In spite of the high level of musicianship and sometimes complex song arrangements, the songs are accessible for a large audience. Key roll in this is female vocalist Bianca. With her clear voice she speaks to the attention of a lot of people, also those which are not familiar with the genre.

http://www.myspace.com/feedforward

Carthago, a progressive metalband from Katwijk, The Netherlands, was formed in July 1994. Carthago's music is progressive symphonic metal / rock with a romantic twist, mixing two female voices with rough metal!
They have influences ranging from Progressive Metal to Symphonic Metal (with a touch of Gothic).
From Dream Theater, Symphony X, Kamelot and Ayreon to Within Temptation, Evanescence and After Forever.

http://www.myspace.com/carthagomusic

Sun Caged is formed in the spring of 1999. Operating as a studio-project at first, the band members decide to transform Sun Caged into a full-time band when guitarist Marcel Coenen's band Lemur Voice breaks up in the summer of 2000. The debut album, mixed by progressive rock mastermind Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon / Star One / Stream Of Passion), was recorded in early 2003 and released on October 22nd 2003. From late 2001 on, Sun Caged start building up an impressive status within their genre by playing lots of shows, of which several are remarkably sizable. The interest shown by bookers and fans of progressive metal grows considerably. This also leads to several interviews in prominent magazines and to some shows as support act of bands like VandenPlas and Queensrijche.
Those who try to describe Sun Caged's music will find this task to be considerable.
Influences range from progressive metal to fusion and jazz, and atmospheric and ambient jaunts. The band's progressive blend is going to excite lots of listeners because of its diversity and excitement.
Sun Caged have been told to contain elements in their music that draw comparison to band such as Ayreon, Meshuggah, Iron Maiden, Kansas, Styx, Faith No More, Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater, Pain Of Salvation and Cynic.
The band released their second album “Artemisia” in March 2007.

http://www.myspace.com/suncaged
Carthago will kick off the evening, the start of the evening is at 20:00.

Entrance: 7 euro's

Dynamo
Catharinaplein 21
5611 DE Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Flyer attached. We hope to see you there !!

Sun Caged
Paul, Roel, Marcel, Rene, Roel

suncaged_190108_web.jpg

Hi guys !
the show in Eindhoven was cool, maybe too short but it seems that there were some technical difficulties.
Anyway the set list was good and fun at the end ;-), the sound very good, and to see some songs of Artemisia living on stage was really great !
And, i've discovered two goods bands, Carthago that really impressed me and Feedforward with its good songs.
Hope to see you in France one day:cool:

Hello Painkillerqueen.

Thanks for the nice comments, yes we managed fine at this gig, especially with the fact in mind that we had a drummer filling in for Roel, and he learned the songs in only two days. And there were technical issues indeed, the PA system was not working properly so the first band started an hour and a half later then planned.

I think I saw you standing in the room, next time I will talk to you in real life.

Greets

Marcel