Japan´s Tsunami

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

The difference being I'm not trying to walk straight into that particular cliché.

But yes, sorry for the derail gents.

Thank god for those articles.
Im getting fucking tired of people who think that every single nuclear power plant works like Chernobyl.. light water moderated reactors wont act like graphite moderated ones.
These are not RMBK reactors guise.. if anything you guys should be scared shitless of Kursk, Smolensk and Leningrad, they are the only ones capable of a catastrophe in the likings of Chernobyl(They still use RMBK-reactors which are _MUCH_ less stable then BWR's.).

It's final exam week at my university, and my roommate just got an e-mail from his professor clarifying that she "won't be allowing make-up exams even if your family has decided to evacuate California in case of fallout from Japan reaching the shore." :lol:

It's final exam week at my university, and my roommate just got an e-mail from his professor clarifying that she "won't be allowing make-up exams even if your family has decided to evacuate California in case of fallout from Japan reaching the shore." :lol:

That might be tasteless but pretty damn funny.

High levels of radioactivity now being released directly into the atmosphere.. I knew it..

edb2978e53ab6a92815978ba9e4e1653.jpeg

No one wants to take blame trying to help with the reactors.

Why aren't they using nuclear subs or something to help power up the electric cooling systems or at least those crap-ass diesel backup radiators?

I assume you mean backup diesel generators? They were destroyed by the tsunami

I assume you mean backup diesel generators? They were destroyed by the tsunami

generators to make the radiators work, yeah.. Those were failing even before the quake :mad:

At this point I'm wondering if the steel casing will act as a giant-ass grenade because of pressure build-up..

what a fucked up situation

generators to make the radiators work, yeah.. Those were failing even before the quake :mad:

At this point I'm wondering if the steel casing will act as a giant-ass grenade because of pressure build-up..

what a fucked up situation

I don't know if Jeff posted this already in the thread.. but read this if you haven't already

http://www.businessinsider.com/japan-reactors-pose-no-risk-2011-3

I don't know if I believe there is "no risk" but it certainly fills you in on what exactly is happening over there in a language that you don't have to be a nuclear physicist to understand

Looks like the workers were only temporarily withdrawn after a radiation spike. Way to fly off the handle and exaggerate things, MSM. :rolleyes:

'You Can Stop Worrying About A Radiation Disaster In Japan -- Here's Why'...

http://www.businessinsider.com/japan-reactors-pose-no-risk-2011-3

This Dr. Josef Oehmen lad is not a nuclear scientist,
and his "Why I am not worried about Japan’s nuclear reactors" article doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Debunk:
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/03/15/josef_oehmen_nuclear_not_worried_viral

I e-mailed Oehmen to ask if he stands by the claims in the post. He referred me to the MIT press office, which in turn told me that Oehmen is not doing interviews.

An updated version of Oehmen's blog post is now being hosted at a website set up by students in MIT's Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering. Oehmen's crucial claim -- that there was no chance radiation would be released -- has been cut. The title, which was originally "Why I am not worried about Japan’s nuclear reactors," has been changed. An introduction pointedly says, "Note that the title of the original blog does not reflect the views of the authors of the site."

That article 'You Can Stop Worrying About A Radiation Disaster In Japan -- Here's Why'... is just wrong... can't believe anyone can write so much bullshit after it is already confirmed that radiation levels increased dramatically.