Japan´s Tsunami

^
SOMA, Japan – The second hydrogen explosion in three days rocked Japan's stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant Monday, sending a massive
column of smoke into the air and wounding 11 workers.

Operators knew an explosion was a possibility as they struggled to reduce pressure inside the reactor containment vessel, but apparently felt they had no choice if they wanted to avoid a complete meltdown. In the end, the hydrogen in the released steam mixed with oxygen in the atmosphere and set off the blast.
Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, said radiation levels at Unit 3 were well under the levels where a nuclear operator must file a report to the government.

International scientists say there are serious dangers but little risk of a Chernobyl-style catastrophe. Chernobyl, they note, had no outer containment shell.
"The likelihood there will be a huge fire like at Chernobyl or a major environmental release like at Chernobyl, I think that's basically impossible," said James F. Stubbins, a nuclear energy professor at the University of Illinois.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110314/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake_nuclear_crisis

^Uh oh, just read it. Now there's no cooling function anymore.
The goverment spokesman said there is danger of meltdowns in all three reactors at Fukushima-1.
Plus the wind changed and is now blowing towards the land.. Bad bad news.

I hope Marty Friedman, MONO and Nobuo Uematsu are all ok.

Edit: guess I should have checked their facebook pages before posting. Apparently all are well thus far. I just hope that power plant doesn't go or that they aren't near it.

I don't want to be dramatic but watching the news I feel like the world is in a big crisis.
IMO this is the beginning of the end. :(

Yes, there is a very powerful crisis going on
Wars against 3rd world countries and against the common man
but this is beautiful

a belief held by many in the east is that death is not an ending but another beginning, and I would be inclined to agree
It has to get worse before it gets better

according to ancient hebrew scriptures we are currently in the kali yuga, the last of the four stages (or yugas) that the world travels through

"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches. Then Lord Vishnu in the form of infant Krishna on a leaf will come to earth and again everything will start producing from the beginning."

Quite a beautiful metaphor for the state of the world

Yeah I'm sure telling everyone who has lost all their relatives such superficial cliches like "death is just the beginning" will do a power of good.

Seriously, thats hollywood mentality for real world problems here. Does not equate.

"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches. Then Lord Vishnu in the form of infant Krishna on a leaf will come to earth and again everything will start producing from the beginning."

That reminds me of this good old band from germany. This song was about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Öwen;9711711 said:
Yeah I'm sure telling everyone who has lost all their relatives such superficial cliches like "death is just the beginning" will do a power of good.

Seriously, thats hollywood mentality for real world problems here. Does not equate.

Shit off. I feel no need to denounce everything you say, would be nice for that to be reciprocated.

Seriously man, your high horse is pissing me the fuck off lately, have some fucking respect.