Japan blows my mind again

Wish I could say the new album is sweet but it's not. Musically it's great. They really kill it on a few songs and it's more aggressive than the last album. But the production is total ass. I mean, "St. Anger" levels of bad. What a shame.

Little update for you, Cat, and anyone else who likes Aldious. First, I found a blog post by the former singer, who is indeed the better singer. She posted on a Japanese board, and I had it translated. Her doctors wouldn't allow her to perform live anymore due to her condition.

"Even though on our official homepage, it is simply stated as 'not feeling well', but the truth is it is a severe/serious condition of the brain that can not be completely cured. There are many people out there that has the same disease as me, but I have symptoms that are specific to me. As to the exact name and detail of the disease, that is something that I want to keep within my family and I, thank you for your understanding."

"I started writing entries in my blog regarding life. The reason I started was because I have to deal with the possibility of death directly"

Unfortunately, she never blogged again. I have no idea if she's even alive.

My friend also translated 3 songs. They were tough because songs are poetry and don't lend to direct translation. Still, they are incredible lyrics.

"Wish Song"
I pretended to not see the hand that is reached toward me
I ran away because I was afraid to get involved with the warmth of people

There are grey clouds in the sky, cold snow is falling
I laid face down while loneliness pushed me from behind

while I was down, you came and shone the light on my heart; which was wandering in the darkness, with your smile

Ah I am filled with emotions that I want to get across to you
I hope that it will expand like wings along with this song
My wish song

The saying that the world is filled with rose color is a lie
It is actually surrounded by high walls
However, you are the one that lead me out of the confinement

Ah
I want to cherish the different feelings , which is like a rainbow, with you and sing this song
Ah

Ah LaLaLaLa
It doesn't matter what the world is like
I want to cherish the bond with you and sing together
My wish song

"Yoru Chu"
You approached me silently to present me with everything you have
I will use my eyes as a weapon and seize everything you have hidden from me

In this space where a group of night butterflies gather together and spread their colorful wings (note, the night butterfly, which is pronounced 'yachou', is a slang for a club hostess)
They spread the scales which will make you my slave and only capable of looking at me

I won't suck up to anyone
I also don't take orders from anyone

There is another side to these pair of beautiful eyes, they have seen all the darkness you can imagine
drool falls from my lips, I have lived my whole life without showing anyone the real me.

I am afraid to trust anyone....I am scared to do so

Before I can realize it though, I am affected by your straight forward emotions, which I can't forgive myself for
I only know the world at night

Even the pair of wings which is covered in darkness is dyed white by tears
Now I am a night butterfly that is flying toward the sun with you in a world without lies

"Shion"
The star like heart is melting like the moon disappearing into the dark night

extend out the hand
light and shadow returning to the sky

the track of tear reflects the loneliness that remains in my heart
I will continue to pray even if I would to rot away and keep on getting hurt

You are burdened with having to relive through the forgotten guilt, memory filled with blood.
The least I can do for you is to break you completely myself just like that day

I will put my hand on my chest and continue to pray toward the sky

my eyes reflect the blood and tears
I will continue on even if I stay lonely and keep on getting hurt

You are burdened with an old wound that has opened up again, having completely lost your voice
The least I can do for you is to not hesitate and break you completely myself just like that day

The tears reflect the loneliness that is left in my heart
I will continue to look up even if I rot away and keep on getting hurt

You are burdened with having to relive through the forgotten guilt, memory filled with blood.
The least I can do for you is to not hesitate and show you the end myself just like that day

The judgement of Shion (shion is a type of flower Aster tataricus and its name in Japanese flower language (called "Hanakotoba") is 'I won't forget you')
to the tainted memory and broken you

Yeah it is a mystery what could hit a woman in her late 20s like that. I'm assuming late 20s because Yoshi, the guitarist with whom she started the band in 08, gave away her age in a blog post. She was born in 1983.

I can't help but wonder if it's from excessive cell phone use. The Japanese are terrible about it. It can't be from the earthquake. The girls are from Osaka, which is very far west of the quake zone.

Anyway, I also found a source for full length videos. Go here:

http://www.jpopasia.com/group/aldious/discography/

And look at the songs with an icon to the left of the title that looks like a film negative. That means there is a video associated with the song. I didn't even know they had a video for "Mermaid."

Yeah it is a mystery what could hit a woman in her late 20s like that. I'm assuming late 20s because Yoshi, the guitarist with whom she started the band in 08, gave away her age in a blog post. She was born in 1983.

I can't help but wonder if it's from excessive cell phone use. The Japanese are terrible about it. It can't be from the earthquake. The girls are from Osaka, which is very far west of the quake zone.

Anyway, I also found a source for full length videos. Go here:

http://www.jpopasia.com/group/aldious/discography/

And look at the songs with an icon to the left of the title that looks like a film negative. That means there is a video associated with the song. I didn't even know they had a video for "Mermaid."

Who knows! It's a pretty scary thought for someone that young.

Oh brilliant! Thanks!! I found a few full length ones on their Facebook as well. If only the cds weren't so expensive!! :(

Well this is depressing news. I really liked their drummer.

-----

Aruto, the drummer of all-woman power metallers Aldious, has announced she'll be retiring from all musical activity this November. In a statement on the band's website, she explains that her forthcoming marriage will see her move away from Tokyo, where Aldious are currently based, and has therefore decided to withdraw from the band so as not to disrupt their activities.

Aruto has been in Aldious for almost four years, having joined in January 2010.

More sadness. Destrose, an all-girl metal band I mentioned earlier, is also losing a drummer to marriage. She announced it one day after Aruto quit. And she has a health reason, too. This is her statement:

I, Haruna, drummer of DESTROSE, will be leaving the band before the end of the year as I will be getting married. From the beginning, I wanted to continue with DESTROSE as long as possible, and the other members also wished this. However, the condition of my right ear is also not the best, and we decided it was time to leave so as to not cause any more trouble.
I deeply apologize to the fans, the members, and everyone associated with us, to do this at a time when we have a release and a one-man tour, and when people expect everyone to participate.

Unfortunately, I can no longer fully concentrate on musical activities.

---------
The one that bothers me the most is Rami leaving Aldious. She had to quit due to an ailment that will never be cured and her doctors told her never to perform again. She's not even 30, I believe.

Here's one for you, Linda. Gacharic Spin, which is mostly members of Doll$boxx, except the drummer is the singer and out front like a singer. Notice the rest of the band is to the side or behind her. Never seen that before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one for you, Linda. Gacharic Spin, which is mostly members of Doll, except the drummer is the singer and out front like a singer. Notice the rest of the band is to the side or behind her. Never seen that before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPHOhw-ArKs

As a drummer should be!! .....................KIDDING!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Though, it is nice to see a drummer get a little face time on a video. Some pretty energetic stuff there!

Well I think I'm breaking up with Aldious. Inferior new singer, atrocious new album and now their awesome drummer leaving... And I got new girls now. :D I got my hands on the full Mary's Blood album and it's unreal. Awesome songs, awesome musicianship. Listen close to the bass and guitar.

Hey Cat, here is a trailer for the newest Aldious live video, if your friend is still going she should be able to get it.

I honestly can't figure out how they perform in those dresses, especially the drummer.