Japan blows my mind again

Holy Dookie! I can't believe I missed this post!!! I am going to be ordering some stuff from this link!!! :D SHOES!!!! That's all I can say!!! Spikey Big klunky shoooooes with! :hotjump: We are going to Japan in June so maybe I can find this stuff there!!! :eek: I wonder if my bestie in Japan can help you find these recordings, Jenna. :saint:

Should be able to find them at Tower Records. It's still alive over there. The first two albums are "Deep Exceed" and "Determination."

Hey Cat, I just got some awesome news. Rami, the original Aldious vocalist, appears to have recovered from her illness and is forming a new band. I would really rather she returned to Aldious, but having her back will be a treat. All I know is she is forming a new band. But when there are details I will let you know.

Hey Cat, I just got some awesome news. Rami, the original Aldious vocalist, appears to have recovered from her illness and is forming a new band. I would really rather she returned to Aldious, but having her back will be a treat. All I know is she is forming a new band. But when there are details I will let you know.

Oh that's great news! Yes please, I would love to check that out. :D

Possibly, they've been around a while. But they go through members like crazy. Three members left at one point to form Mary's Blood, which is a way better band.

Destrose and Aldious are taking part in a huge all-girl band show today called Women's Power Special. More than a dozen bands in 3 clubs in close proximity, with Show Ya headlining and Aldious second. I was surprised to see Destrose going on ahead of Exist Trace. ET are pretty big and even known in the U.S. from being on videogame soundtracks. Just waiting for the inevitable flood of pictures.

Update: this picture just kills me. Does this look like a METAL band?

egvfde.jpg

Well, yep, it's confirmed, we did actually play several shows in Japan with Destrose in January of 2010! I thought the name rang a bell! Sweet girls, good times. Shy in the bus at first, but then the language barrier was broken by silly antics! :loco: Crazy after parties were had too. They were not dressed like the photo above. I wonder if we have any pics with them........................escapes my memory. o_O

Destrose is a Japanese Megadeath. They go through members like crazy. At one point 3 members quit to form Mary's Blood. So all but one of the members you met are gone.

Cat: that's the singer. From left to right they are:

Toki, guitars
Sawa, bass
Re:NO, vocals
Yoshi, guitar (band leader)
Nana, their temp drummer. She's just filling in until they find a permanent one. Nana has her own band, a White Stripes-style band

BTW, here's a new message from the old singer.

Someone got it translated.

Hi, it’s been a long time.
In the two years I was away, I received a lot of encouragement and well wishes from you guys, but what made me the happiest was the message “we are still waiting for you to return”. The reason why I decided to come back and is standing in front of you right now is because of those messages.
I have recovered both physically and mentally and is feeling great right now. From now on, I will do my best and please continue to cheer me on.
Thank you

One thing I don't get is why there have been no tweets between her and her old band. They aren't even following each other on Twitter. This is kind of surprising, since she left the band due to health problems, not issues with the other members. Or maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cat, and anyone else who cares, here's a single from Rami's new album. Her guitarist is pretty damn good. And Rami has taken some singing lessons. She has better control and no longer just wails at the top of her lungs.

Got another one. Band-Maid. I don't know if you are familiar with Japan's maid cafe gimmick, but it's very widespread over there. So of course someone came up with the idea for a band with the gimmick. This band isn't quite as genuine as the others, in that an agency put them together and a professional songwriter wrote the song. But they do play live, and you can't deny one thing: this song is friggin catchy as hell and has a sick groove.

Holy crap.

Aldious just announced their new drummer, Marina, but did not give her last name. Her last name is Bozzio. Sound familiar, Linda?

She is the step-daughter of the insanely talented Terry Bozzio. Terry has a Japanese wife and I found references to his daughter Marina but she is not his child, as Terry married his wife Marina in 2009. Once I saw the picture, and the pic of her with Aldious, yes, it's the same girl. If she is even a fraction as good as her step-dad, Aldious made a score.

Another gem from Band-Maid. They are really growing on me. And check out the guitar solo breakdown.

Aldious just posted a clip of their new single and it's awful. They've gone pop now.

I'm done with them.

I can't stand it at all. I can't believe this is the same band that did "Deep Exceed." Well, it's not. That new singer has to go. I didn't like it when Nightwish fans did it to Anette, but in this case, Re:NO is ruining the band (and Kristen agrees with me to a degree, she didn't like Re:No either).

BTW did your friend ever go to Japan?