Jari or Alexi

Jari or Alexi?

• Jari

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Alexi

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
:rolleyes:

All I want is for people to give Wintersun a chance. This blatant flaming of an immaculate album is just ignorance. Sometimes people let their fanboism get in the way of accepting a perfectly good album.

Why is Wintersun a perfect album? What makes it perfect? And don't say because of those solos or the riffs cause THIS is bs. The audio quality is not better than any other album. If listened 3 times to the album and with every time I was just thinking mmh.. this is all? I'm sure I will think the same after another 5 times of listening the album.
But I see this as useless. I stated my point and what you think about Jari and Wintersun is totally exaggerated. Wintersun is not more than acceptable power-metal.

Alexi has been my favourite guitar player for years now, but there is no denying that the Wintersun - Wintersun album is a metal masterpiece. This opinion is shared by many within the metal community. Just to present some more information for arguments sake, Children of Bodom has a large following on metalstorm.ee, being the 4th most popular band among site users behind Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Opeth. However, on the top 100 albums chart (voted on by users), Children of Bodom doesn't even crack the top 100. Wintersun - Wintersun is 20th. Give it another chance. It's fucking amazing.

Problem with Jari is he is to much of a perfectionist and thats why Time has been delayed 2 years past the original release date, Alexi
takes a more simplistic way with recording and songwriting so he's able to bring out an album every year which keeps us fans content
as well as their extensive tour schedule.

As for guitarists its hard to say,they each have their traits but Alexi isn't half as good as he used to be since he got his injuries
so as to date Jari is the cleaner player in my opinion, its all a matter of taste really......and if Time is every released

Song writing isn't mathematics. In COB there's a sense of patience followed by climax, plus a variety of rock'n'roll and emotion. It's better than just rushed over-melodyness for me. I remain open to the possibility that Wintersun is better than COB in some areas, I just can't specify them without experience.. I've just heard things.

I never said Wintersun is better than CoB :rofl:
Never in a million years :p
but there is plently of emotion and climax in Wintersun.

Old cob doesnt have much of a Rock and Roll feeling as the new stuff but yeah I see what you mean.

:rolleyes:

Why is Wintersun a perfect album? What makes it perfect? And don't say because of those solos or the riffs cause THIS is bs. The audio quality is not better than any other album. If listened 3 times to the album and with every time I was just thinking mmh.. this is all? I'm sure I will think the same after another 5 times of listening the album.
But I see this as useless. I stated my point and what you think about Jari and Wintersun is totally exaggerated. Wintersun is not more than acceptable power-metal.

I said "perfectly good" not perfect. The reason it could be though of as perfect is that there are no weak points in the album, it is flawless :p
Also you probably never will get into it because now we've had this debate you will be listening to it with prejudice towards it.

What if I have given Wintersun a chance multiple times and I still find it uninteresting? There is nothing in wintersun album that I could grab, hold and follow. It doesn't make me feel anything.

If you dont feel the raw power and emotion in the ending of Sadness and Hate you have no soul :p

anyway I'm done with this.
If you can't enjoy the Wintersun album then I feel for you because you really are missing out on a masterpeice.

P.S Shadowsoul with vouch for me here that he was like you guys. Everytime I praised Wintersun he was like "I dont get it, its not even THAT amazing." A few years later he is now liek zomg Wintersun so leet :oops:

I'm gonna go with Alexi.
It's difficult to compare the two guitarists technically as I've not seen Jari do anything (like lessons) where his technique is easily analysed. However, I've seen a lot of Laiho's stuff and though some of his techniques are unorthodox he's a very relaxed player and what he does works for him, I can't imagine he'd have any trouble playing the Wintersun stuff.
Before I say this, I'll say I do like Wintersun (somewhat) and have listened to their album many times so don't tell me to give them a chance.
I could listen to Bodom songs all day, they are my favorite band and have been for many years. I never get bored of their stuff.
Wintersun however, is very easy for me to get bored of. They have some cool riffs that I like but they overplay those riffs in my opinion. Their songs end up being fairly long with not enough new material in them to keep me interested, the same riffs get repeated god knows how many times until they just become irritating. Don't get me wrong I like some long songs but they need to have more variety to them.

Well if you want to analyze one song, I clicked on this one on youtube:

I guess if you particularly like this type of "metal" then it's ok. But I feel too old for this. It's a mix of power and folk metal with some death metalish vocals included. There's this energetic melody thing, and I actually enjoy 2:33 - 2:49 [EDIT Hmm this part interestingly reminds me of the chorus riffs of Living Dead Beat doesn't it. Around 2:40. Nice coincidence.] Other than that I don't have much good things to say about it. This is the kind of stuff you could listen to when getting drunk. Of course COB would be better, but you sometimes want to hear new music you can't remember every note by memory...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you want to analyze one song, I clicked on this one on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oPjjkOHn3A

I guess if you particularly like this type of "metal" then it's ok. But I feel too old for this. It's a mix of power and folk metal with some death metalish vocals included. There's this energetic melody thing, and I actually enjoy 2:33 - 2:49. Other than that I don't have much good things to say about it. This is the kind of stuff you could listen to when getting drunk. Of course COB would be better, but you sometimes want to hear new music you can't remember every note by memory...

The drums in this song are horrible. Especially in the first 90 seconds

It was just funny when you were like:

"Ok. Why is Wintersun a perfect album? What makes it perfect? And don't say cus of Jari's awesome vocals, or great solos, or nice riffs, or good production etc." :lol:

The drums in this song are horrible. Especially in the first 90 seconds

Seriously, Kai Hahto is fucking pro drummer. I dare to say, he's one of the best of all time.

I guess if you particularly like this type of "metal" then it's ok. But I feel too old for this. It's a mix of power and folk metal with some death metalish vocals included. There's this energetic melody thing, and I actually enjoy 2:33 - 2:49 [EDIT Hmm this part interestingly reminds me of the chorus riffs of Living Dead Beat doesn't it. Around 2:40. Nice coincidence.] Other than that I don't have much good things to say about it. This is the kind of stuff you could listen to when getting drunk. Of course COB would be better, but you sometimes want to hear new music you can't remember every note by memory...

Dude, you're too much of CoB fanboi to analyze any other metal than Bodom. I wish you would grow out of it, but it might be already too late for you.

Dude, you're too much of CoB fanboi to analyze any other metal than Bodom. I wish you would grow out of it, but it might be already too late for you.

Don't blame me these Bodom albums have as much awesome music to offer as all the rest out there put together, it's just not gonna change. There's no magic / delusions / fanboyism to it, that's just how it is, do the math. You gotta have a benchmark to compare to. Some things go beyond it, but most of things don't. In all honesty I listen to much other bands and other genres of music too, and am aware of a great deal of excellent musical ideas elsewhere, believe it or not...