Jaska or joey?

Jesse- said:
Well I have something to say too. Firstly, why do you talk about the most respected and famous drummers? Let's put those aside now and concentrate on the topic at hand. And you just only refer to what some other drummer would or has said. The question is, do you know anything yourself?

And secondly, as I said earlier (please read my other comments on this thread as well), Joey Jordison is one of the most overrated metal drummers. All those kids who listen to Slipknot are like "Joey is the best drummer in the world!", even if they didn't know anything about drums. Starting to get why he is so well-known? You can just look at his solos, there is NOTHING creative there (compare to Jaska's solos).

Go see my other comment in the previous page, where I explained some very nice and good sounding tricks he likes to do often. (There is a link to his new solo). After that, if you still say he is just "run-of-the-mill", then I can just have my doubts on how educated you really are. And in case you didn't know, Jaska is heavily influenced by jazz and jazzdrummers, and you can really hear that.

well frankly I don't give a shit what you have to say on previous pages, Fact is Joey is a better drummer, if you disagree thats fine, I don't care. All that tells me is you either havnt gave both drummers a proper listen or you just don't know what your talking about or my personal favourite and most likely the one that most of you suffer from, you are COB fanboys who don't know any better...
Don't even get me started on the drum sound for the new album either, its god awful and sounds completely unnatural.
The only thing I can agree with you on is that Joey is over-rated in the eyes of some Slipknot fans (just as Jaska seems to be here) If you guys wana hear a guy with technique AND taste in the metal genre, I suggest you make your way to the Opeth forum and listen to Martin Lopez:p

Benighted1 said:
well frankly I don't give a shit what you have to say on previous pages, Fact is Joey is a better drummer, if you disagree thats fine, I don't care.

Yep, you don't want to see what I said earlier, because you don't want to hear the truth, you can't accept anything bad in your favorite drummer. Just as I thought. You just keep saying "Joey is better", but you don't explain why do you think he is better. Do you even play drums yourself? I don't think so.

Benighted1 said:
All that tells me is you either havnt gave both drummers a proper listen or you just don't know what your talking about or my personal favourite and most likely the one that most of you suffer from, you are COB fanboys who don't know any better...

I'm not gonna repeat myself, if you want to hear the truth, go see my other comments.

Benighted1 said:
Don't even get me started on the drum sound for the new album either, its god awful and sounds completely unnatural.
The only thing I can agree with you on is that Joey is over-rated in the eyes of some Slipknot fans (just as Jaska seems to be here) If you guys wana hear a guy with technique AND taste in the metal genre, I suggest you make your way to the Opeth forum and listen to Martin Lopez:p

Drum sounds and Martin Lopez has nothing to do with this topic. No wait, actually, Lopez is also one of these "jazz-metal" drummers, only a bit more than Jaska.

Jesse- said:
Yep, you don't want to see what I said earlier, because you don't want to hear the truth, you can't accept anything bad in your favorite drummer. Just as I thought. You just keep saying "Joey is better", but you don't explain why do you think he is better. Do you even play drums yourself? I don't think so.

I'm not gonna repeat myself, if you want to hear the truth, go see my other comments.

Drum sounds and Martin Lopez has nothing to do with this topic. No wait, actually, Lopez is also one of these "jazz-metal" drummers, only a bit more than Jaska.

Jesus Christ you are thick, as I said ALREADY Joey is in no way my favourite drummer. He is just obviously better than Jaska. I like Children of Bodom a hell of a lot more than Slipknot. Its just people like you who live in a little bubble thinking everything they do is amazing pisses me off. Get your head out of your own ass and realize that a drummer from an otherwise pretty shitty band might possibly be better than your beloved jaska.
And I was merely recommending Lopez as a good metal drummer because you clearly have no idea what one is. And I can't belive you say he is a "bit" better than jaska. WTF???? are you insane? He shits all over him FFS..
Anyway, I can't be fucked arguing with you anymore as you are clearly some 12 your old COB fanboy who doesnt know what the hell he is on about....

Next your gona start telling me that Alexi is a better guitarist than Jeff Loomis (Nevermore guitarist)

Benighted1 said:
Jesus Christ you are thick, as I said ALREADY Joey is in no way my favourite drummer. He is just obviously better than Jaska. I like Children of Bodom a hell of a lot more than Slipknot. Its just people like you who live in a little bubble thinking everything they do is amazing pisses me off. Get your head out of your own ass and realize that a drummer from an otherwise pretty shitty band might possibly be better than your beloved jaska.

There you go again. "Joey is obviously better, but I have nothing to prove my point". You wanna know what is obvious? Your stupidity.

Benighted1 said:
And I was merely recommending Lopez as a good metal drummer because you clearly have no idea what one is. And I can't belive you say he is a "bit" better than jaska. WTF???? are you insane? He shits all over him FFS..

I never even said that he is better. Learn to read right. Well, I guess they don't teach you proper English at New Zealand, because I have told you three times now to go read my other comments for some facts.

Benighted1 said:
Anyway, I can't be fucked arguing with you anymore as you are clearly some 12 your old COB fanboy who doesnt know what the hell he is on about....

I'm a fanboy of over 10 bands, Jaska just happens to be one of my favorite drummers. And by fanboy, I mean going to gigs (if near me).

Jesse- said:
There you go again. "Joey is obviously better, but I have nothing to prove my point". You wanna know what is obvious? Your stupidity.

I never even said that he is better. Learn to read right. Well, I guess they don't teach you proper English at New Zealand, because I have told you three times now to go read my other comments for some facts.

I'm a fanboy of over 10 bands, Jaska just happens to be one of my favorite drummers. And by fanboy, I mean going to gigs (if near me).

hahaha accusing me of not knowing english when you say things like:- Proper english AT New Zealand? Don't you mean in buddy. Dumass.
I have seen both bands live, (had to travel to Aussie for bodom) this is how I know. Joey is just a better player, especially in regards to tightness. Period.

Benighted1 said:
hahaha accusing me of not knowing english when you say things like:- Proper english AT New Zealand? Don't you mean in buddy. Dumass.
I have seen both bands live, (had to travel to Aussie for bodom) this is how I know. Joey is just a better player, especially in regards to tightness. Period.

No, I don't mean in, I forgot to type the word "over". You know, "in" is for really inside NZ, "at" is for the NZ area.

But anyway, this is the fourth time you just say "Joey is better because I say so, period." This feels like I'm talking to a wall. You don't even play drums, so how can you say that you know something? You are ridiculous.

Hey guys can you just arguing whitout fucking said "you don't know your english...or thing like that" here it's everybody's opinion so live whit it...and by the way if you wanna say someone that is english suck...say it to me:lol:

guillaume_of_bodom said:
Hey guys can you just arguing whitout fucking said "you don't know your english...or thing like that" here it's everybody's opinion so live whit it...and by the way if you wanna say someone that is english suck...say it to me:lol:

lmao yea true....

Jesse- said:
No, I don't mean in, I forgot to type the word "over". You know, "in" is for really inside NZ, "at" is for the NZ area.

But anyway, this is the fourth time you just say "Joey is better because I say so, period." This feels like I'm talking to a wall. You don't even play drums, so how can you say that you know something? You are ridiculous.

For the love of god man, I have said his fills are way more interesting, he is way tighter live, his beats are groovier and he has a more interesting feel. (not too mention that Joey actually writes alot of stuff where as Jaska writes fuck all)
How many times to I have to repeat and how much more detail do I have to go into??? And also as I already told you I am at work and couldnt give a fuck if you think English is my 1334234 language because I type in a hurry so fuck you OK? You a just some dumb fanboy who is clinging at straws..
And how do you know I don't play drums? BECAUSE YOU ASSUME JUST LIKE YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT.. ALL ASSUMPTIONS.... Go get some taste and learn a bit about music please K tks

Jesse- said:
I can see that you haven't listened to COB much. Let me fill you with some details. I think Jaska has some very creative and sometimes groovy stuff, with a little hints of jazz here and there. Follow The Reaper is the CD where it all began.

First of all he makes really nice use of his hi-hat on some fills, it is simple, but sounds really good - song Follow The Reaper at 3:04

The intro fill to Bodom After Midnight shows that he really has some imagination. This song also has some nice fills in triplets, and a great fill at 2:49.

On the song Punch Me I Bleed there are various fills that many jazzplayers use. For example at 2:17, and at the end of the song.

You can definitely see that he is fast also, for example in In Your Face, 32th notes in doublepedal starting at 3:20.

And in Next In Line a very fast fill at 1:40. Also check out the groovy stuff at starting at 3:14.

And finally, there is also a solo for you so you can see more of his creativity and imagination I told you above:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3305646172938024090&q=jaska+raatikainen

First off the person you are talking to has listened to BODOM a lot. You just don't know what you are talking about.
2nd off, If you think that solo is creative then no wonder Im having this argument with you. you have no taste!!!!!!

Jesse- said:
You love Joey, but don't know who Mike Portnoy is? Now that is really saying something.

hahahahaha yep you are actually reatarded. You actually think Mike Portnoy is a good drummer!!!! He is even more over-rated than Joey Jordinson. :puke:

I think Alexi himself said it best in regards to Dream Theater when he referred to their music as just sports, showing off and boring as hell...

hahaha Face it your OWNED