Jerry Falwell roasts in hell

he wasnt a politician. he was a firebrand minister, to the extent that calling a child's tv show 'homosexual' is ministering

I don't find hate to be effective or healthy, but here's hoping that with the loss of it's relatively charismatic instigater, the movement will loose momentum and die quietly.

There will always be another asshole to take his place. :cry:

He initially opposed segregation:

“If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision [Brown v. Board of Education] would never have been made…. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.”

more tidbits:

During the Civil Rights Movement, Falwell was a supporter of racial segregation. He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left-wing associations."

"Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers."