Jesper's side project: Dimension Zero

stardrowned

The doctor is in...
Apr 20, 2006
neverwhere
www.livesvartan.tk
Dimension zero were first formed in mid 1996, as a sideproject from Jesper Strömblad and Glenn Ljungström, who then both played in IN FLAMES. They wanted to create something that had the same intensity as IN FLAMES, but with a different approach- they wanted to make it more brutal and faster. At first the name ”Dimension Zero” wasn´t at the two young men´s tongue, as they had chosen another name for their project-Agent Orange. This name was active for a while, but unfortunately, they found out that another band carried the same name, and to their disappointment it was impossible to make them change their name, so Glenn and C/O made a new name- and Dimension Zero, was formed.

The line-up consisted in: Hans Nilsson (Luciferion , Crystal Age, and his most current band : Diabolique), on the drums, Jocke Göthberg (ex. Marduk) on Vocals, Fredrik Johansson - MR Guitar himself on lead, Glenn Ljungström on Guitar and Jesper Strömblad (In Flames) on Guitar and Bass

This line-up was the one featured on the mini-Ep that was released in 1997 on War-music: ”Penetrations of the lost world”.

One thing that needs to be cleared up is the fact that Fredrik is NOT the same Fredrik as the former guitarist of Dark tranquillity. He is a very talented musician studying at the music school of Stockholm, Sweden. But then, he was in a band called Chameleon together with Peter from In Flames.

Penetrations.. was released and it did very well across the world, especially in Japan, where there might be a live performance sometime in the future. But other than that, not much happened with the band for a long time- due to many various reasons.

One year after the release of ”Penetrations…”, the band got together to make a tribute song on a compilation album to Sepultura - Troops of Doom, which featured Daniel from In Flames on Vocals (he was then in Sacriliege), and Jeppe, Glenn and Hasse-(Fredrik wasn´t a part of this recording). They also made a Mercyful Fate cover: My Demon, which was featured on another compilation- for M:F:

Another year passed by and nothing happened in the life of Dimension Zero, but in the private world there were as always tons of activities, of which I can mention nothing due to the specific witness protection program they are all a part of…. But they did, however manage to record another song ”They are waiting to take us” for the 1998 WAR-DANCE Compilation, which once again featured Jocke on Vocals. After this the band decided to BREAK UP, for good. A lot of stuff had happened that made them take to this drastic solution, including Touring, Children, Fylla, Sex and tons of unmentional stuff. Sad but true- Dimension Zero was no more…

But then in the beginning of the new Millennium- year 2000- the band decides to put their differences aside and once again start working together as a team. The line-up has changed, but some members remain the same: Jesper and Glenn are back, Joined by Jocke on Vocals, but added to the new line-up is Daniel Antonsson from Pathos on Guitar. Glenn handles the other part and jesper has yielded , and takes the bass. Who will fullfill Hasses old stuff on drums is yet to be seen, but a few names are waiting to be announced. The new album will be released sometime this year, and will apart from a lot of new stuff feature two old songs: ” Through the virgin sky” and ” They are waiting to take us.”

Maybe then , and only then the band will perform for the very first time EVER, somewhere in this world, so .. keep your eyes open.

@blackashinheritance: Where did you rip that info from?

I just skim read it, but I'm sure it said they haven't played live... when they have... many times. And it's wrong to really call it a side project in my opinion. It's just another band that features jesper. A band whose last two albums were actually better than any of inflames' last four.

other than them being swedish melodeath, what drove you to post about them here? They are a pretty cool band and all, but it's all been done and said...

Edit: After reading it I've realised it's so immensely out of date too... Silent Night Fever has been out for five years (not about to come out) and This is Hell (a return to more thrash based roots) has been out for four... Do you even listen to the band :p?

For one, i'm thankful for the post. To me, it was informative.

Do we have to only talk about DT here?

hey how old are these"news"???
they have performed live on different festivals, Glen isnt in the band anymore and the album which is mentioned is out since 2001...and their homepage gone since 1 year or something like this.
I just heard rumours that there would come a 3rd album...anyway who cares?

And there comes the additional information to complete the picture for the ignorant me. :p

yeah I just don't know what's going on :p

(read my edit)...

I agree it should be cool to have threads dedicated to other bands... but could be better than a 7 year old biography torn completely off some elses page or whatever with no references.

Regarding your edit: no, i've never listened to the band. :p

Yeah, I agree it should be more up to date. And there should be a credit of where it's taken from.

A lot of my musical "education" about bands and such comes from this board, since i'm too lazy to look elsewhere. So you can understand why i appreciate such info (when i make myself read it of course :p). It's a pity people don't talk more about their tastes and such, it's always inspiring to try to see in a band or song something someone else does.

Regarding your edit: no, i've never listened to the band. :p

Yeah, I agree it should be more up to date. And there should be a credit of where it's taken from.

A lot of my musical "education" about bands and such comes from this board, since i'm too lazy to look elsewhere. So you can understand why i appreciate such info (when i make myself read it of course :p). It's a pity people don't talk more about their tastes and such, it's always inspiring to try to see in a band or song something someone else does.

I wasn't aiming that comment at you sorry :p, it was aimed at blackash.

A band whose last two albums were actually better than any of inflames' last four.

Wrong, like, totally.

I wouldn't mention them unless there were a few major names involved.

Quite a few good tracks, but the rest is TOTAL fillers.

I'm sorry... this article is from 2002. I couldn't find another one. However, I did listen to them and they're quite good really I surely agree they're better than the last 3 albums of In Flames. Hmmm... I didn't know Glenn left! Damn it I liked that guy he's a fucking legend, I mean The Jester Race and Whoracle are masterpieces! And about posting this ''news'', I just wanted to give another taste of something else other than DT and because it had relevance to Fredrik Johansson (but it turned out to be another Fredrik! Bummer!). Vocals in my opinion are pretty good, Joakim Göthberg also wrote the lyrics on ''Dead Eternity'' for In Flames back in 1994.

Well, if you think so. I like IF up to Clayman well enough, but none of their albums are really balanced. A couple to a few good/great songs and then the rest.

Vocals in my opinion are pretty good, Joakim Göthberg also wrote the lyrics on ''Dead Eternity'' for In Flames back in 1994.

yeah, even if these"news" are old, jokes vocals are good. the 2 demosongs hes on are great.
but I think because of the nonexisten homepage Dimension Zero are gone(but there have been these rumours:Smug: ) Joke sings in another band as far as I know but dont remember where I read this.