Jesper's side project: Dimension Zero

Well, you know everythig about it: with music you play in a band where bass player wears make up and no underwear :heh:

:lol: you're spot on there mate.

Edit: Although seriously, my music and my band is my life... I put alot of thought and effort into the writing and promotion of my band. It's a minor inconvenience that one of our memebers thinks it best to dress like a tranny but it saddens me to think I'm lowered to the level of In Flames in your eyes because of it.

Edit: Although seriously, my music and my band is my life... I put alot of thought and effort into the writing and promotion of my band. It's a minor inconvenience that one of our memebers thinks it best to dress like a tranny but it saddens me to think I'm lowered to the level of In Flames in your eyes because of it.
Didn't get it but I have nothing against In Flames except that the last 3 albums sucked; A LOT! Old In Flames is my all-time favorite, almost as DT.

I enjoy IF's older stuff more than DT's older stuff, however, it's reversed dramatically for the new stuff.
Actually, there's stuff from here and there but for DT's older stuff I like The Gallery (obviously), few songs from Skydancer (Crimson Winds, A Bolt of Blazing Gold, In Tears Bereaved) and The Mind's I (Zodijackyl Light, Scythe, Rage and Roses, Insanity's Crescendo) and I HATE Projector (no offence). I like DT's new stuff more like Haven, Damage Done, and Character. Old In Flames is the best and I've been addicted to it for the past year The Jester Race and Colony are my favorite, but I like many stuff from Whoracle, Lunar Strain, Clayman \m/

But lets not carried away from the main subject, Dimension Zero definetily kick-ass more than IF now! :kickass:

So yeah, back on topic: I couldn't make it to the end of This Is Hell night before last. And how kick-ass they are now we'll see after the record is released - they haven't played any live shows recently... for years.

:lol: you're spot on there mate.

Well, would you like to hear the same things about you and your band whichever bad shtuff you (and others) are saying about, lessay, In Flames? Cuz music business and the scene are some tough shit :heh:

they haven't played any live shows recently... for years.
They playing a concert in CLOSE-UP-BÅTEN, Sweden with Dark Tranquillity, Tiamat, Necrophobic, Hardcore Superstar<---- WTF?
closeupmagazine_411x127.jpg

They playing a concert in CLOSE-UP-BÅTEN, Sweden with Dark Tranquillity, Tiamat, Necrophobic, Hardcore Superstar<---- WTF?
closeupmagazine_411x127.jpg

"WTF"?

Dig me up the last date they played. Last time you were looking info about them you found something dated 2-3 years ago, so here's a tip for you - look for the last show/tour around that time.

What if you don't hear anything at all? :heh:

Good or bad things are said - it's spreading the word, even though it's same shit 5th year in a row (about in flames).

I really don't know what you're trying to say.

but

When a bunch of seperate people reach the same conclusive opinion through their own observations about a thing, it means the thing is obviously radiating a reason for that opinion to be formed. If you punch an old woman in the face, no one is going to call you a hero. People will come to their own conclusion that you're a coward. If you release three albums that desperately plea to the mainstream through their generic conventions and production, people are going to think you've sold out.

As for if no one listens to my band... Plintus, I don't like In Flames! You don't have to take that as an attack on you! I would just be dissapointed. But my band has written some very good songs and so far people have given us good feedback at our gigs even when we felt we'd let ourselves down! so ha :p!

@black-ass-inheritance: OK, I'll be nice to people now.

You can get away with HARDCORE SUPERSTAR name only if you are Swedish... and hardcore.

I really don't know what you're trying to say.

but

When a bunch of seperate people reach the same conclusive opinion through their own observations about a thing, it means the thing is obviously radiating a reason for that opinion to be formed. If you punch an old woman in the face, no one is going to call you a hero. People will come to their own conclusion that you're a coward. If you release three albums that desperately plea to the mainstream through their generic conventions and production, people are going to think you've sold out.

As for if no one listens to my band... Plintus, I don't like In Flames! You don't have to take that as an attack on you! I would just be dissapointed. But my band has written some very good songs and so far people have given us good feedback at our gigs even when we felt we'd let ourselves down! so ha :p!

I'm not trying to say music you write is shitty - I'm on a different plane to that, so I cannot judge objectively.

All I'm saying - praising or bashing In Flames is still a good thing, as long as people refer to "good ol' records" and whatever - it will be reflected on record sales. And sure enough there will be sold out shows.

And where are true and grim Immortal now who stayed tr00 to themselves? Well, playing boring shit for a decade or so gets to you, it seems.

And I know an old lady who I'd love to punch in the face, but I'm afraid I'll have to stand in line for years to do that (no, she's not my boss).

I'm not telling In Flames to go back and do the kind of music I want to hear. They have made their choices and no matter how much I disagree with those choices, I still respect them as people (even though perhaps no longer as artists). I'm not trying to bash them - I'm just stating my opinion of the crappy "music" they make nowadays. It's nothing personal, just a matter of tastes.

I've always had a very narrow taste in music and I've always found plenty to criticise about even in my most favorite bands. I have nothing against change of style per se. I like to witness bands evolve, even though it sometimes may turn their music unbearable to my ears (In Flames and Theatre of Tragedy are two good examples). Heck, at least they tried something different. Sometimes bands change their style drastically and create something even greater than they did previously (Therion, for example, made a huge leap with Theli, which is vastly superior to their previous albums).

Nearly all longer operating bands have recorded some crappy records at some point in their careers. It is extremely rare for any band to put out a string of quality releases for ten or more years in a row. DT is one of the very few bands who've achieved that, in my opinion. Which is the reason why I'm still here - I left the forums of IF and ToT soon after those bands changed their styles for worse. The only reason I'm bothering to discuss In Flames anymore is because they are always brough up in comparison to DT. Which is quite sad, I suppose.

-Villain

The only reason I'm bothering to discuss In Flames anymore is because they are always brough up in comparison to DT. Which is quite sad, I suppose.
Well, 10 years ago, they used to be compared, very compared. But now each one is in the opposite direction. However they used to be alike aswell, Whoracle and The Mind's I have many things in common. But now... they're in totally different directions.

Just downloaded and listened to ''This is hell''... and I don't really like their music. Reminds me of At the gates, not much melody imo. :err:

...and no matter how much I disagree with those choices, I still respect them as people (even though perhaps no longer as artists).

Well, most people want (more) money and so, you usually do that by improving yourself so that you gain promotion in your job (or something similar).

However in this case, it's almost as if they've lowered themselves musically to aim at a section of society with minimal knowledge of music. I'd say that they're pretty much a n00b metal band now that aims at the mid-teens "metallers" whilst trying to leech from the emo community (maybe thats what the song "leeches" is all about). As I've only been into them for about 3 years, they've never had respect from me and unless they re-trace their roots then they never will. You've pointed out that they're not going to do that so that sorts that out.

As for Dimension Zero, I'm looking forward to hearing the new album because the previous two albums are great and also to see if Jesper's still got the balls. I'm also looking forward to hearing the new Sacrilege album because the music Daniel helped create some 10 years ago was top quality melodic death.

(maybe thats what the song "leeches" is all about)

Actually, going just by my ear and not actually looking up the lyrics, it seems to have more to do with religion. Just saying.

I never really understood all this hatred towards IF. Sure, I could see some disappointment at their direction, but I'd much rather have them make the music they want to make than try to stick to an era of their music that they no longer relate to. It would come off false and cheesy, and that would probably be even more disappointing.

That said, I haven't been mightily impressed by their recent releases, but I still appreciate them.

Dimension Zero, though...
Just my opinion of course, but there's little to nothing good I can say about what I've heard by them. It's probably just not my speed.

~kov.