Jesper's side project: Dimension Zero

yeah, even if these"news" are old, jokes vocals are good. the 2 demosongs hes on are great.
but I think because of the nonexisten homepage Dimension Zero are gone(but there have been these rumours:Smug: ) Joke sings in another band as far as I know but dont remember where I read this.
I think he was Marduk's drummer, I havn't heard about him doing vocals in another band... However he doesn't look like a metalhead much :p

Wrong, like, totally.

I wouldn't mention them unless there were a few major names involved.

Quite a few good tracks, but the rest is TOTAL fillers.

Uh, I'd say every song ever recorded by Dimension Zero is better than any song on the last two (possibly three) In Flames albums - there is not a single decent song on the latest one.

As for fillers, Lunar Strain has plenty of them, Whoracle a few, Colony at least three or four and Clayman even more. Even The Jester Race has Graveland and Wayfaerer.

-Villain

Uh, I'd say every song ever recorded by Dimension Zero is better than any song on the last two (possibly three) In Flames albums - there is not a single decent song on the latest one.

And what could you know about it? :)

Through The Virgin Sky, Darkest Hour, Into and Out of Sub-something-lence are hits in my book (might be missing a few), but the rest was just shredding away... good as it is, it leaves me untouched.

As for fillers, Lunar Strain has plenty of them, Whoracle a few, Colony at least three or four and Clayman even more. Even The Jester Race has Graveland and Wayfaerer.

Did you just pop all those albums in a minute ago? I remember back in 96 everything was so good from start to finish...

That's 100% right.
First of all... Graveland is a kick-ass song, one of the best off The Jester Race. As for Wayfaerer... Well... Maybe. Colony is amazing, there are no fillers in it, maybe one or so. Clayman, I have to agree with you, they can do better :) Cheers!

Caotico: Thank you, Master, for showing us the light. Your humble servants are now much wiser in this matter. :worship:

Through The Virgin Sky, Darkest Hour, Into and Out of Sub-something-lence are hits in my book (might be missing a few), but the rest was just shredding away... good as it is, it leaves me untouched.

Well, I actually agree with you here, the bulk of their songs are "just good" and indeed leave me untouched as well. It is just that everything IF has done on the past two albums touches me in all the wrong places and in a very wrong way.

Did you just pop all those albums in a minute ago? I remember back in 96 everything was so good from start to finish...

Um, nope. Back in '96 I said pretty much this: "The Jester Race is a great album, much better than the quite uneven Lunar Strain, with only Graveland and Wayfaerer being obvious fillers." When Whoracle came out, I hated Everything Counts and Morphing into Primal (I've actually grown to tolerate them both, but they're still filler); and my first comments on the old IF-guestbook back in '99 were about the song Scorn (just released in mp3-format as a pre-taster for the upcoming album), saying that it completely sucked (which led to a nice email-exchange between myself and the mighty Fredrik Norström, who assured me that the sounds on the album version would be much better - which was true, but the song still sucks). And while Colony is all in all fine album, Scorn is certainly not the only filler on it. And I won't even mention Clayman.

The thing is, I don't mind a filler song here or there. Heck, I have always considered Midway Through Infinity a filler, and The Gallery is still in my top-5 albums of all time. What I don't like is being anal-raped by Anders Friden's twisted perception of good music (even though I actually like him as a person).

-Villain

Well, I actually agree with you here, the bulk of their songs are "just good" and indeed leave me untouched as well. It is just that everything IF has done on the past two albums touches me in all the wrong places and in a very wrong way.

You couldn't let it go without a pun, huh :heh:

Um, nope. Back in '96 I said pretty much this: "The Jester Race is a great album, much better than the quite uneven Lunar Strain, with only Graveland and Wayfaerer being obvious fillers." When Whoracle came out, I hated Everything Counts and Morphing into Primal (I've actually grown to tolerate them both, but they're still filler); and my first comments on the old IF-guestbook back in '99 were about the song Scorn (just released in mp3-format as a pre-taster for the upcoming album), saying that it completely sucked (which led to a nice email-exchange between myself and the mighty Fredrik Norström, who assured me that the sounds on the album version would be much better - which was true, but the song still sucks). And while Colony is all in all fine album, Scorn is certainly not the only filler on it. And I won't even mention Clayman.

The thing is, I don't mind a filler song here or there. Heck, I have always considered Midway Through Infinity a filler, and The Gallery is still in my top-5 albums of all time. What I don't like is being anal-raped by Anders Friden's twisted perception of good music (even though I actually like him as a person).

I was so sure that Clayman had most fillers among all the albums, but how we define a filler? I mean, I didn't like Clay Man the song at all at first, and it took me a while to get into it (through live perfomances mostly), but there's always a little something in every their song which makes it special. What I can't say about DZ's - I mean, yeah, there are catchy tunes, but the rest wass just straight head-on shredding to me. Tonight I will actually listen to all tehir CDs I have (I happen to own 2 or 3 albums including reissue (or not -can't recall)) to back it up, but the impression was made and still remains the same.

I was so sure that Clayman had most fillers among all the albums
Thats right... Clayman has like 4 or 5 really kick-ass premium kick-ass songs but the rest is ''fillers'' as you said. I can't stand the song Clayman, Square Nothing, Satellites and Astronauts, Brush the dust away, another day in quicksand. Basically just most of it :p But Colony is amazing though, however Colony and Clayman are basically the same concept, Colony is just better haha. Whoracle isn't that good, doesn't have much feeling as The Jester Race. Just mostly filled up with ''fillers'' haha

Clayman has like 4 or 5 really kick-ass premium kick-ass songs but the rest is ''fillers'' as you said. I can't stand the song Clayman, Square Nothing, Satellites and Astronauts, Brush the dust away, another day in quicksand.

I rediscovered these tracks, and got tired of Only for the Weak (I guess I'm not weak any longer =)

I think In Flames have done pretty solid stuff up until Clayman, I like Square Nothing and Brush the Dust away, it's the stuff afterwards I cant stand
Im also ok with fillers, or let's say songs with a lesser rate of inspiration/minute, music is also about the atmosphere, like a good riff can entirely justify an otherwise mediocre song imo
Anyway, this will spiral only around itself again, so Im going to bed.. night

I heard a really small thing from DZ's new album seems pretty good.

:Smug:

Yeah, there was a short clip on if site, where Daniel was allegedly recording drums, only months after someone realized he was warming up in that footage playing something from Sacrilege (I'm not an expert, so I had to take someone's word for it).

Can't wait to listen to some really melodeath... Unlike In Flames for instance :zzz:

in flames isn't melodic death metal.

Jesper is one of the best songwriters I have ever seen. He even received an award sometime (forgot pshh) from BURRN. :headbang: He's was awesome, too bad he chose commercial shit instead of melodeath. They just want money I guess. :erk: In addition to that Anders can't even scream/growl/shout/whatever now. Anders just goes up on stage requests a thong from the audience, plays his emo/fag/gay song; Come Clarity and leaves. Once, in their tour to Turkey with Slayer... the presenter of the gig was joking and said: ''Who like IF go to the left, and who likes Slayer go to the right''. Then everyone just faded away to the right haha :p That was somewhere in 2004. Too bad such a great band to fall... Dark Tranquillity will always stay loyal to their fans and create the best music in the world... Hail Dark Tranquillity; Mikael Stanne, Michael Niklasson, Niklas Sundin, Martin Henriksson, Martin Brandstrom, and Anders Jivarp. :headbang:

Not any more *cough* nu metal *cough* emo :p

Well, you know everythig about it: with music you play in a band where bass player wears make up and no underwear :heh:

Personally, I can't label IF or DT with anything right now, if someone got into them during certain era and lived in a basement since then - it's gona be swedish mdm, just melodeath, nu, emo, whatever, it's all just words, but so important to some for some reason; I've been into both bands for a long while (almost 10 years), and thus I'd like to leave you to decide what you want to call them, I will listen to the music and enjoy it.

And keep talking shit about in flames - you are still talking about them, aren't you?