Jimmy Herring

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Anyone here into Jimmy Herring? Checkout his solo release "Lifeboat". You can find him with a Google search and on Youtube...well worth checking out...an interesting fusion stylist.

Just a taste.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYmBFKaFFE&feature=related[/ame]

Lifeboat is amazing. A true fusion album...not just a relabeled rock instrumental album with a few out notes and a handful of key changes and time signatures. Herring's playing and tone is outstanding. The other musicians on the album are equally great. I highly recommend this album...get it...you won't be disappointed. The Jungle Book Overture is fantastic! Check it out!

Same. Oh well, we'll enjoy it by ourselves... :lol:

I reckon my favourite tunes are 'Only When Its Light', 'Splash' and the cover of 'Lost' by Wayne Shorter, but they're all killer. I love the flute playing also, all the musicians are great!

Lifeboat is on my short-list of CDs to buy, but as of now I've really only ever watched youtube videos of him to be honest. I like most of what I've seen.

Lifeboat is amazing. A true fusion album...not just a relabeled rock instrumental album with a few out notes and a handful of key changes and time signatures.

Exactly! That is my problem with most of these so called fusion albums that are published nowadays. They`re just albums by former metal shredders that came into conclusion that it`s jazz to play chromatically and in different keys and in various timesignatures. :puke:

It was absolutely refreshing to hear Herring`s album.:headbang:

Exactly! That is my problem with most of these so called fusion albums that are published nowadays. They`re just albums by former metal shredders that came into conclusion that it`s jazz to play chromatically and in different keys and in various timesignatures. :puke:

It was absolutely refreshing to hear Herring`s album.:headbang:

I can't stop listening to it.