Job for a Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like them. When I was first getting into Metal I searched the top death metal bands. And I found them. Their screamer sounds like a corpse spewing shit out of its mouth.

I find them pretty generic and bland, nothing strikes me about them as being any different from other death(core) bands, other than the fact that most of their fans are emo's and they became popular through myspace (I think?). Mind you, I've only heard a few songs.

I find them pretty generic and bland, nothing strikes me about them as being any different from other death(core) bands, other than the fact that most of their fans are emo's and they became popular through myspace (I think?). Mind you, I've only heard a few songs.

The band members themselves said Myspace def helped in making them popular.

I like them, but I think the reason they're so popular is that they were really one of the first american bands with that deathcore, blast+bree kinda sound. They put out the Doom EP and that sound wasn't really around yet so they blew up. now with Genesis it's a really different sound, and pretty generic. I think they're talented, and Genesis sounds decent, but if it was the first offering from them I don't think they'd have 1/10 the success they have right now. it's also hard to take them seriously sometimes with how much they've changed totally as a band...went from local hardcore to scene-kids to the max to grungy death metal. seems like the day after their metal blade signing they tossed out the combover hairdos, pink polo shirts, and girl jeans for camo shorts, deicide shirts, and beards.

You noticed too, eh? :D

I always see them wearing Deicide shirts.

haha yeah...seriously, I don't know how much they got out before they got signed, so I don't know if people saw them before but they were AS scene as you could possibly look...combover emo hair, tight ass girl jeans, pink polo shirts and whatnot, then all of a sudden they started looking metal, and yeah, johnny is very fond of his deicide shirts apparently haha.

Sure did. I liked that they decided to be more death metal but the album felt underdeveloped. I hope their next album, they adopt some of the cool aspects of the Doom EP with their new death metal sound.

Despised Icon terrible, I agree that All Shall Perish is better though.

Yeah, overall genesis is better. But I did like the pig squeels, on doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.