5 worst metal bands of the past decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title is rather misleading. Does it mean bands formed within the past decade or just worst bands based on the music they have released in the past decade regardless of when they were formed and their previous releases?

I should rally up the Jihadists against you again.

EDIT: :lol: @ that idiot calling Converge directionless and lacking musicianship. They excel in those areas more than most metal bands.

As well as all these crappy nu-metal bands(Slipknot,Disturbed,Limp Bizkit)here's some of my most hated:

Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Lamb Of God
Creed
Soil

That will do for now until I think of more

As well as all these crappy nu-metal bands(Slipknot,Disturbed,Limp Bizkit)here's some of my most hated:

Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Lamb Of God
Creed
Soil

That will do for now until I think of more

I really fail to see how Cannibal Corpse deserves to be mentioned among these bands. You may not be a fan, but they certainly haven't done anything blatantly offense to metal music, they've at worst just produced some inoffensive bad music (which about 1,000,000 other metal bands are guilty of doing).

Regardless, Cannibal Corpse are an incredibly solid band, and the hate they get from the more underground scene of metal is completely unwarranted.

Sonic Firestorm is pretty solid, inhuman being pretty weak but neither release is deserving of worst cd of the year even...and on the Waste for you, I dont even know what to say that's just wrong in all ways

Why are some people including Limp Bizkit, Korn etc on their lists? Since when are they metal?

Anyway, i disagree about most of the bands people have mentioned. I think the list of bands i've compiled surely outdoes the aforementioned bands. Dragonforce, In Flames, The Haunted and Opeth surely aren't as bad as these bands.

#1 Job for a Cowboy - Pretty much invented deathcore as we know it now, kids with fringes and tight 'emo' jeans playing a bastardized version of death metal with pig squels and lots of breakdowns. The worst band of the past decade.

#2 Bring me the Horizon - Same as Job for a Cowboy, but even more extreme. Just 'emo' kids say they love death metal and name this band. Just really generic deathcore with no passion. Their fans have got no clue either.

#3 Trivium - Matt Heafy is a moron which even bigger morons idolize. I hate seeing this 16 year old kids wearing Trivium t-shirts with their hair grown long talking how 'kewl' Trivium is.

#4 Waking the Cadaver - 'Slamming gore groove'. Enough said.

#5 Killswitch Engage - First album was decent, rest are crap. Their influence has reached out like the plague. Enough said.

Ascendancy is the only good album Trivium did.
AScendancy is absolute crap.

Unless of course you despise 80s crossover thrash, the only real reason I could see someone hating MW is on principle for kick-starting the popularity of pointless retro-thrash acts...that aren't terribly fun. One was enough, and that still may have been one too many if not for the trampolines, surf boards and 30-foot beer bongs they've brought along for shows in the past.
I think the music's pretty decent too, except for the joke lyrics and minute long songs.

Jada Pinkett-Smith's metal band, Wicked Wisdom, by far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHGGAmJCYI
:lol:
It's like someone described what metal was and then they tried to make some but got it wrong. The headbanging bit is particularly hilarious - again, like someone described headbanging and they tried to do it but just got it wrong.
Job For A Cowboy
Atreyu
Limp Bizkit
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold
Slipknot
Every Time I Die
Cradle of Filth
Killswitch Engage
Korn
Disturbed
Otep
Norma Jean

Oh shit...thats more than 5.
I back all of these. KSE are particularly bad because I was forced to suffer one of their concerts. So I hate them. With a fucking passion.
Agalloch
The Sword
Megadeth (Lifetime Achievement Award)
Arch Enemy
You simply suck balls on every count.

I should rally up the Jihadists against you again.

EDIT: :lol: @ that idiot calling Converge directionless and lacking musicianship. They excel in those areas more than most metal bands.
That doesnt mean they suck any less. Combover screamcore at it's possbile worst no wait thats ed gein and he who corrupts and all that other core shit. I know i had to sit through all that crap before seeing Pig Destroyer at last years dudefest in indy.

And I disagree about Cradle they were decent up to 2003 and then they took a big shit after Midian. And actually i think cannibal corpse did lose their luster a bit after Vile I just think the Barnes era corpse was much better.

That doesnt mean they suck any less. Combover screamcore at it's possbile worst no wait thats ed gein and he who corrupts and all that other core shit. I know i had to sit through all that crap before seeing Pig Destroyer at last years dudefest in indy.

And I disagree about Cradle they were decent up to 2003 and then they took a big shit after Midian. And actually i think cannibal corpse did lose their luster a bit after Vile I just think the Barnes era corpse was much better.

I don't think Converge is combover sceamcore at all. Your an idiot.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Job For A Cowboy
Atreyu
Limp Bizkit
Bullet For My Valentine
Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold
Dragon Force
Slipknot
Every Time I Die
Cradle of Filth
Killswitch Engage
Korn
Disturbed
Otep
Norma Jean

Oh shit...thats more than 5.

Cradle of Filth does not belong anywhere near that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.