Jobs other than bandmates ?

Wow really 1 month later no reply.
This forum is dead.

...really, or maybe it's just a really personal question;)

For my part I stopped working in IT last year and started LaMerch.com, and Bart has been my mentor and guide for that, but honestly I think it's just a difficult question to answer. Hope that clears it up a bit!

...really, or maybe it's just a really personal question;)

For my part I stopped working in IT last year and started LaMerch.com, and Bart has been my mentor and guide for that, but honestly I think it's just a difficult question to answer. Hope that clears it up a bit!

Wait that doesn't really answer the question:D See what I mean???
Usually running your own business means you make your own schedule, so that's not bad, other musicians get lucky and have positions for school boards and stuff which allows them a long vacation every year, or a flexible schedule where they work when they can and want to.
Other than that, you always pretty much run the risk of missing too many work days and getting canned:) This is why some bands never make it, because all the members have day jobs and they are dedicated enough to produce quality albums, but can never tear themselves away from their 9-to-5 to go on large, career-making tours.

No problem dude:) The trick is to do things wisely (read: work really hard) balancing job and band, and not compromise either one for the other. For example Bart told me about one guy who is a graphic designer, and since he works on contract he has no problem taking off for a month-long tour and working on graphics while on the road; but it takes discipline and a good work ethic, because tour life can be like one big, long vacation and some people may not want to tear themselves away from that.

By the way, the guy I'm talking about designed these cool-ass designs for us:

Faces_web_175.jpg
Centourion_web_175.jpg