What do you Sneapsters do as day jobs?

I'm a blood spatter expert in Miami during the day and run a small studio at night. I kill hipster clients that demand that I auto-tune their shit on pro-tools and act like they're experts on signal chains and side-chaining but refuse to record to a metronome.

:lol: That's good stuff right there.

My day job is actually being a recording engineer. Some freelance, some work from a local studio. Making a country record right now with a batch of extremely talented musicians. No autotune needed. No drum editing required. Kinda nica actually.

Before I started engineering full time I did architectural drafting. Still do a little bit here and there for one company.

I haven't had a 'real' legal job in a few years. Right now I work at an import automotive repair shop. We specialize in European piece of shit cars, like BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, sometimes Porsche, etc... I keep the computers and old software running, we use oldass Corel Paradox for database stuff and I really want to upgrade all that stuff to something newer, but my boss is set on using what he knows. when i'm not doing computer shit, i sometimes get to work on cars, which can be somewhat rewarding. i did some timing stuff on a bmw a few months ago which was a challenge without the special tools, got it running great and then the water pump went out - i am not a fan of BMW.

I have a job repairing lifts. It has its ups and downs.

Seriously though, im also a music student just now. Finish next year, might go on to do a masters if there's no music jobs available.

I'm a Lifeguard. I'm also a student, studying for my A levels. Studying hard, might I add, since I fucked up my exams last year.

21+ years as an underground coal miner........my username is actually my job title minerman=continuous miner operator

It sucks because of all the dangers/risks, & the mine I currently work in is what is called "low coal" (about 48-54" high), but I've been doing it so long it's all I know. And it's really the only thing around my area that pays any decent money (I make $28/hour & work about 50 hours a week.......)

21+ years as an underground coal miner........my username is actually my job title minerman=continuous miner operator

It sucks because of all the dangers/risks, & the mine I currently work in is what is called "low coal" (about 48-54" high), but I've been doing it so long it's all I know. And it's really the only thing around my area that pays any decent money (I make $28/hour & work about 50 hours a week.......)

damn dude. Are you from one of those towns where the whole town practically works the mine?

Fuck that, what country do you live in? Move to Western Australia, we'll pay you a shitload more.

I live in Dryden, VA, USA......Southwest VA/Appalachian mountains there guys.......I call it the "ass end of the world".......HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Just a little hick place I was raised in, all my family lives here, about all my family either work or have worked in the coal industry all their lives....My dad (30+ years), brother (25+ years), uncles, cousins, about everyone.......

Dunno about moving to Australlia, the cost of living is a little lower here than other places, so I guess I'll just stick to being a "hillbilly" :D

Pizza architect at Joe Momma's.

Do you know how many times that Joe Momma's has either nearly gotten me arrested or thrown off the hook? :D
"Hello officer, I work at Joe Momma's." #awkwardsilence

My job title's not actually Architect, I'm technically i'm just a kitchen worker. They do let me close the store on late nights and handle the deposits when needed. Everything the pizza touches is under my control.....all for 8.50 an hour. I'm 19, what do you expect?

Dunno about moving to Australlia, the cost of living is a little lower here than other places, so I guess I'll just stick to being a "hillbilly" :D

The cost of living in kentucky/west virginia is not just a little lower it is immensely lower than the majority of the united states let alone other developed countries.

That is why I live in kentucky. My house cost around 1/10 the price of a home where my brother lives in california.

Big respect for being a coal miner. It is a really tough job. I couldn't imagine working that hard.

3D Artist here. I am working on CGI Films in a small company in Germany/Cologne.

The cost of living in kentucky/west virginia is not just a little lower it is immensely lower than the majority of the united states let alone other developed countries.

That is why I live in kentucky. My house cost around 1/10 the price of a home where my brother lives in california.

Big respect for being a coal miner. It is a really tough job. I couldn't imagine working that hard.

The prices of houses here in West Australia are ridiculous... Mainly because of the resource boom. I'm going be getting out of uni, getting taxed to shit and going to find it hard to get a house in a couple of years.

To Episteme:

I have read before in the newspaper that there are people from Australia taking second mortgages on their houses since they were valued so high, then using the money to buy up several houses around Detroit for cheap. The hope being that the property values in Michigan will rise eventually and thereby turn a big profit.

Sounded like a big gamble to me.

Thanks man, it is a tough job, a lot tougher than folks realize. That said, I have a pretty easy job compared to some (like roof bolters for example), but it's taken me a long, long time to get that job title (miner operator).......

What part of KY do you live in dude? I've worked in KY probably 8-10 years altogether.....

I live in Lexington. I have only been here for around four years so far. My wife and I moved here so she could go to grad school at the University of Kentucky. We were both born and raised in Michigan.

I work as a mechanical engineer for a consulting/contracting company. For several years now I have been doing work for a company called Link Belt that makes construction cranes. You might have seen some of their equipment running around building stuff before.

I have been part of a team that has designed two new crane models that are mainly intended for electrical infrastructure work.