Boss gives you a job eval to do yourself, what do?

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
After being here for almost 9 years now my knee jerk reaction is to check off "meets or exceeds" on everything and not put down any comments (I'm 28 btw, I've been here since I was 19).

I feel like its a fucking lazy way to do up a job eval...

Also, I've never had to do this.

Just like I thought my old boss was a complete fucking asshole for marking 3 out of 5 for every category even after being instructed not to. It's fucking lazy, put some fucking effort in if it's supposed to matter.

This job eval pretty much means nothing as well. With the economy right now I'm just riding this horse shit out. There are no raises and haven't been any for the past 3 years. Even if I somehow sucked ass at my job, all they would do is send me to some training and tell me to stop sucking at my job. :lol:

I sort of want to leave, but at the same time I rarely get that "oh fuck I have to go to work" feeling I have had with some of my first jobs/part time jobs. It's nice to not dread going to work ya know? Plus some of the benefits and the way time off is handled is hard to beat.

But anyhow this stupid eval is like sending a mix to a client for feedback and having them say nothing but, "well how do you think you did on it?"

Ok ok, /Rant.

That's a pretty good analogy, I lol'd. Make yourself look competent and intelligent, as we all know you are. Anything exaggerating is bad karma.

I say be honest. I'm constantly late for my job 5-15 minutes everyday. So in the "tardiness" or "areas of improvement" category I would tell it like it is and put that down as 2/5. But I also do great work and customers kinda love the shit outta me and I really enjoy 98% of them, so I would also bring that up while doing it and give that category a 5/5. So again, just be honest.

kaomao, 'job eval' is short for 'job evaluation'. It's basically a progress report in how good/bad you perform while at work. Sometimes your bosses do them for you and go over what needs improvement and what is going good. And sometimes, in the OP's case, the boss lets you do your own. And that can get real awkward real fast.

Actually, I was honest. I did either meet or exceed (mostly met) in all areas.

I'm never late, we punch in and it's shows when you do that late so I'm usually a good 5 mins early. Paperwork and filing is done on time, I've actually had compliments from my boss on how I interact with the population we work with (mentally disabled adults). Safety etc...

My problem was with coming up with any comments.

kaomao, 'job eval' is short for 'job evaluation'. It's basically a progress report in how good/bad you perform while at work. Sometimes your bosses do them for you and go over what needs improvement and what is going good. And sometimes, in the OP's case, the boss lets you do your own. And that can get real awkward real fast.

Thank you!!
Yeah doing it yourself it's like shooting yourself in the balls I guess.
It's hard to judge oneself!