John Bush is back!!!!

I love the old songs too, I just prefer to listen to the GOTE versions. Better vocals, and better production (though they mastered GOTE way too loud - it's got that Death Magnetic distortion goin' on!).

I love the old songs too, I just prefer to listen to the GOTE versions. Better vocals, and better production (though they mastered GOTE way too loud - it's got that Death Magnetic distortion goin' on!).

I disagree about the GOTE versions, and although I prefer Joey I must say I iked Johns take on some of the songs. I didnt like what they did with the guitars, they made them muddy sounding and made the songs sound like generic knock-offs

I don't think Bush is selling out at all. They asked him to come back after the reunion fell to shit and he told them no. He's thinking about coming back, but only on his terms.

I don't think Bush is selling out at all. They asked him to come back after the reunion fell to shit and he told them no. He's thinking about coming back, but only on his terms.

I concur. John knows they are in bad shape, and if he comes back he will do it his way-a'la Frank Flippin' Sinatra. Go BUSH!! Can hardly wait for the new Armored Saint!!!:kickass:

from reading the interview i get the impression now more than ever john was quite happy to be out of anthrax,he was very forthcoming that he wasnt too fond of touring and i am sure he had these feelings b4 joey was back in the mix,any thought guys?,we all guilty of smashing anthrax but i still tyhink he was quite happy with what happened.

I can't help but think this.... we've just had 2 recent interviews from Anthrax - 1 from Rob and 1 from John. In these 2 interviews from the 2 quieter guys involved in the band, we fans have learned more than we have from Scott or Charlie in months...... why is this.....? Not having a bash, but it's fact, and it's disappointing. I just don't get it.

Perhaps some law mumbo jumbo keeps them quiet...or they feel that they've already said enough - both are praying John to come back...

T:)

from reading the interview i get the impression now more than ever john was quite happy to be out of anthrax,he was very forthcoming that he wasnt too fond of touring and i am sure he had these feelings b4 joey was back in the mix,any thought guys?,we all guilty of smashing anthrax but i still tyhink he was quite happy with what happened.

Well, I think he ended up happy, but he wasn't at the time. I'm sure he hated touring and was thankful to spend time with his new kid(s) and wife, but at the same time I remember hearing that he was quite disappointed that they didn't immediately start writing the follow-up to WCFYA rather than the reunion tour shit they ended up doing.

At any rate, one plus side to the new record is that they won't have to remix it from the ground up. According to Rob, the music is mixed really well as is and they're really happy with the sound - they just have to mute the vocal tracks and record new ones, and leave all of the mixing, automation and stuff that's already there (that Dave Fortman did) on the music tracks. Of course they'll have to add new reverbs, effects, compression, etc, on the new vocal tracks and mix them in at an appropriate level with the music - but the majority of the mixing work is already done, so that will speed things along, whenever they do get started on it!

I can't help but think this.... we've just had 2 recent interviews from Anthrax - 1 from Rob and 1 from John. In these 2 interviews from the 2 quieter guys involved in the band, we fans have learned more than we have from Scott or Charlie in months...... why is this.....? Not having a bash, but it's fact, and it's disappointing. I just don't get it.

Well, I think everything is uncertain and they know they already look bad enough as it is. if they DID say what is going to happen or what they think is going to happen for certain, it might bite them in the ass.

from http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42947

BUG: Well, you’re definitely off to a great start. So what about Anthax? What’s coming up for the band?

Scott Ian: We’re finishing the record and just going out and doing these one-off festivals. We just finished a festival called Loud Park in Japan last week. And we hope to have a record finished by February/March-ish. And we’re going to Australia for this big festival tour. And then we should have a record out next summer time. That’s the goal at this point.

I would love for thrax to do what springsteen did this last tour. Play a different record from start to finish and book end the show with other classic. Springsteen rotated btwn 3 different records - Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born in the USA. How amazing would it be to hear SOWN from start to finish or WCFYA. Or fucking 442. Chills. I got chills.

I would love for thrax to do what springsteen did this last tour. Play a different record from start to finish and book end the show with other classic. Springsteen rotated btwn 3 different records - Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born in the USA. How amazing would it be to hear SOWN from start to finish or WCFYA. Or fucking 442. Chills. I got chills.

Maybe SOWN. I don't know how I would feel about that. I heard ATL in its entirety, and I sat two songs out. I think they have too many signature songs that need to be heard.

That show was during the last leg of the reunion tour in Milwaukee. They took a break to play "Madhouse," "Be All End All," and the like, then finished with the rest of the album. There was no opener, which gave them more stage time.

Really, though, it wasn't the same not hearing "Only," "Inside Out, "Fueled." Those, I believe, can only be sung by John Bush.

It is EXCELLENT news that John Bush will be singing for Anthrax again!

Very happy to hear this.

My only worry is that he mentions opposition within the band to touring Europe....which means my hopes of seeing them live over here in the UK aren't high :(

However, I'm just glad we'll get new material (hopefully!) from Bushthrax, and that it seems that this time round John is in the band on HIS terms - which is exactly how it should be after they dicked him around with the Joey reunion.

I am glad you ar happy about this, and I hope it works out for the band. For me, it was never Joey vs John (of course I prefer Joey) but Thrash vs Groove, etc. I don't need a non-thrashy Anthrax (though I am not bashing you for liking them. More power to you. :) )

If any of you miss the Joey days, just follow the rest of the Thrash bands that are still making high quality Thrash out there (old and new; the younger bands have woken up as it were many of the older bands, kind of forcing them to put out better Thrash out there, because they were being outdone by the young ones.)

So, congrats! But those of you who are disappointed at Anthrax, just let them do whatever, it's their band after all. But there's much Thrash to be enjoyed out there, go look for it!!!

I half hoped Bush would tell them to fuck off. It's what they deserve.
But I love Anthrax's music, and I want to hear more of it with Bush so I'm glad if he does rejoin the fold.
He still shoulda told them to fuck off though.

And I'd be even happier if they announced they'd got a decent lead guitar player. Even Charlie's leads are more memorable than Caggianos.