Join in me an RC Circle Jerk

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
"Black Pyramid play doom with the rumbling down-tuned tones of stoner metal gods like Sleep, Electric Wizard, and High On Fire, but with the epic arrangements of old school metal and doom acts such as Black Sabbath, Pentagram, and The Obsessed. Add to the sonic brew perfectly executed forays into vintage psych and progressive rock, along with the apocalyptic lyrical ravings about war, the occult, and general alienation, and you've got an accurate picture of what the band is all about. Prepare to be crushed by the weight of the Black Pyramid."

Nad, Climb, Swizzle, Doom, J., other doomsters who feel at home hanging with 60somethings in bars with a maximum occupancy of 18, need to check out Black Pyramid. I'm surprised this band hasn't been shilled to death on this forum. Traditional doom, with touches of psychedelia y stoner, (not enough to turn you away). These fuckers are bringing riffs as heavy and fierce as a gubernatorial gaffe. Harkkkkkkkkk, what's that I hear? Swizzle jaggin off without remorse! <shudder>

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am listening to the tracks now and I like it. I've been meaning to check them out, but never go around to it so this is a good excuse.

Black Pyramid fucking rules, I've been digging these guys for awhile now. They're great live too, ultra heavy and fun. "Mirror Messiah" is a total classic, can't get enough of that song.

Haha, I remember seeing the cover art for this album several months ago and not knowing who they were, but intrigued.

Excellent, will listen to this a bit later. :kickass:

Under the pale moon rides The Morningstar
With keys to the astral gates and mystic doors
Black rays of night hold his wings aloft
Black potions brewing in his afterthoughts
Armies crying out his name
Whips lashing out in pain
The hordes of death are various
Until we kill the Sagittarius

Fuggin' killah! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Lost this among a whole bunch of other shit when my hard drive failed, going to get it again and check it out after The Strength to Dream finishes playing :kickass:

"For those who know me, yes, I have quit Black Pyramid. I could not continue. You might not understand. I do not care. I am happy, serene, and finally at peace." -Adam Beresky

The band as a whole is essentially DONE! Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well this sailed right under my radar. Seems theyre back, with even more of a sludge sound this time. Still Grade A from what Ive heard so far.

Last edited by a moderator: