TOP 3 OF YEAR 19XX -- AN RC "THING" OF WHICH YOU CAN BE A PART

Thanks!

Also now it's 1981!!!

I have not had a lot of time to post lately, sorry

King Crimson - Discipline
By a god damn mile the best album from 1981 according to me. I don't consider this metal but this counts anyhow, because it rocks and it rocks hard, much like a 6am erection.

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
I'll be real honest and say that Ozzy's solo career, on the whole, fucking sucks. But the title track here alone is so amazing, that it almost makes up for a lot of his foolishness. Almost.

Rush - Moving Pictures
I don't even like this god damn band but at least I recognize that this album is pretty stellar. The Camera Eye, YYZ, and Tom Sawyer are all great.

Not metal but some of my all time favoUrite albums came from 1981:

The Residents - Mark of the Mole
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju
Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is

Oof tough year... Mostly because it's a rare year when several favorite albums aren't metal

1. Iron Maiden - Killers This was the first Iron Maiden album I heard beginning to end. Maybe that's why it is my favorite or maybe it's just that fucking good. Listen to Purgatory and Killers and tell me this did not own the universe in 1981.

2. Black Flag - Damaged I've had a love hate relationship with punk music most of my life. But this album to me is pretty much the birth of hardcore and is as responsible as an influence of thrash and death metal as any metal album.

3. Holocaust - Nightcomers This album is so cheesy and wonderful. I feel like this set the tone for self-aggrandizing thematics in metal. Highly recommended

4. The Cure - Faith I'm not a huge Cure fan but those early albums had great dark atmosphere

5. Riot - Fire Down Under I honestly didn't listen to Riot until recently but damn if this album isn't a great party metal album. Swords and Tequila, carry me through the night! :headbang:

sorry, man

i realize i can't be counted on to do stuff on the internet regularly, i don't post a lot these dayz

if someone else wants to be the headmaster ceo chief master of ceremonies they are welcome to

and i will at least join in and post lists every now and then

sorry, man i realize i can't be counted on to do stuff on the internet regularly, i don't post a lot these dayz if someone else wants to be the headmaster ceo chief master of ceremonies they are welcome to and i will at least join in and post lists every now and then
I was actually thinking about making a new post for 1982. Can't guarantee timeliness but I want to push this one