The Non RC Staff 2004 Top 10 list

Astrofaes and Enslaved are the only two I haven't heard that I really really want to hear.If you like latter-era Graveland, you should find soething to like in Woodtemple, but I think we've discussed this.

OK, I am prepared now:

1. Isis - Panopticon
2. Hate Forest - Battlefields
3. Graveland - Dawn of Iron Blades
4. Void of Silence - Human Antithesis
5. The Chasm - The Spell of Retribution
6. Bergthron - Faust Fur Faust
7. Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm
8. Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
9. Stand-Up Guy - In Fixation, Conspire
10. Capricornus - Alone Against All

Capricornus is the big surprise. I started listening to it towards the end of the year after throwing it to the wayside. It's actually a very well executed dirty black metal album. Bergthron also made a late jump.

I hate numbering these lists and I always end up forgetting releases but here's a go at it.

1. Azrael - Into Shadows Act II : Through Horned Shadows Glimpse
3. The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings
4. Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
5. Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
6. Wyrd - Vargtimmen Pt. II
7. Morgion - Cloaked by Ages, Crowned in Earth
8. Esoteric - Subconscious Dissolution into the Continuum
9. Demonoid - Riders of the Apocalypse
10. Xasthur - Telepathic with the Deceased

Since posting this in another thread I've received my Woodtemple albums and discovered Dies Irae new album. Oh well.

Yeah, it is war black metal, but it's dirty as fuck, and thos vocals, oh those vocals are evl sounding. ANd those folk songs between the metal songs are scary

J. said:
OK, I am prepared now:

1. Isis - Panopticon
3. Graveland - Dawn of Iron Blades
Haha, Graveland made it to #3 in what, 24 hours?

It's my favourite Graveland album, and for some reason, it makes me want to listen to "...En Their Medh Riki Fara..." with all those horses galloping around town.

It was inevitable it would end up in my top 10. It was just a matter of where. n time, it may drop or rise, though.

Besides, if there's any band that I can be called a fanboy of, it's Graveland (unless you count Arcane Sun), though I don't give a shit about their ideals, posters, shirts, etc.

But I love Graveland's music, and own 15 of their CDs, more than any other band.

Doomcifer said:
That album sucks.
If that track availible for download was any indication of the overall album quality, then yes :|

I noticed it got very good reviews at Metal Archvies (if that's good or bad I'l leavel for you decide) as well, but I can't really see what's so good about them, they sounded rather uninspired and generic to my ears and the lyrics were pretty simple and stupid.

DO NOT listen to Doomicifer. Damnation is excellent. Easily one of the best BM releases of 2004. It is pretty raw, so maybe that's why Doomcifer doesn't like it. It isn't epic, it isn't beautiful, it isn't sorrowful, its just raw, grim black metal. Awesome, awesome stuff!