3) GZA - liquid swords
4) dead moon - nervous sooner changes
5) unwound - the future of what
6) the roots of echo - söabu
7) yasunori mitsuda - chrono trigger: original sound version
8) no doubt - tragic kingdom
9) tar - over and out
10) mobb deep - the infamous

#11 was nomeansno or starmarket or motherland.

i'll post tracks from these in the asskickin' songs thread tomorrow or soon.

Reactions: CiG
#10 Mobb Deep - The Infamous

ggg.jpg

Those who voted:

@-CyanideChrist- (#2)
@Dazed and Brutal (#2)
@Satanstoenail (#10)
@no country for old wainds (#10)

SON THEY SHOOK
CUZ AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS HALF WAY CROOKS
SCARED TO DEATH AND SCARED TO LOOK
THEY SHOOK
Dude, you just posted a MOBB DEEP album, srly. wtf!?
The fucks wrong with Mobb Deep? The Infamous is one of the best rap albums of all time up there with Illmatic, 36 Chambers, and Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
too bad you're on a METAL FORUM

FUCK YOU: HAHAHAHA
Yeah, mobb deep is indeed shit. They're laughably bad.
mob deep, lmao!!! ahhhahah perfect example of east coast garbage. I literally chucked one of their albums out of my car once because of how cringe-worthy their shit is. Who else are you going to namedrop and tell me they're gansta, Jadakiss? lmao.

That's why Tupac ripped those foos(mob deep) a new asshple and turned them into straight bitches(on numerous tracks), and they didn't even have the balls to bark back! Maybe they're considered gangsta out there, but mobb deep is the epitome of weak ass east coast shit out here. laughingstocks tbh.
The Infamous is a great album.

:lol:

#9 Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains

alice-in-chains-4fbc6354838f4.jpg

Those who voted:

@zabu of nΩd (#1)
@Krow (#1)
@Oblivious Maximus (unranked)

Any other fans here? Contrary to popular belief, AIC were NOT just another grunge band. If fact, they were the most metallic of all the Seattle shit. I've always been a huge AIC fan. Layne (RIP) was an amzing singer, and his voice matched his haunting lyrics perfectly. And Jerry! Awesome guitar player. I loved the harmoines he did with Layne, not very common at the time they hit it big. Some favorite songs: Man In the Box, We Die Young, Rain When I Die, What The Hell Have I, Angry Chair, Junkhead, ect...
I personally think that Alice in Chains epitomize the grunge sound.
Jesus fuck, Alice in Chains is incredible.
Since I've been getting into Alice in Chains I've been thinking a lot as well as mourning the final years of Layne Staley, but even considering that I still feel musically....
Oh, and Alice in Chains is one of the greatest things ever.
It can be if somebody just started listening to Rock, and never gotten into Heavy Metal, high quality music or some sort of. I mean, I completely respect the guy's death but no need to overshoot the shit out of a rather repetitive, mainstream Grunge group just because the guy died.
Shut your whore mouth.
Alice in Chains rules. Fucking fags.

#7 Radiohead - The Bends

the-bends-522d1ffb8e13a.jpg

Those who voted:

@Satanstoenail (#3)
@crimsonfloyd (#6)
@zabu of nΩd (#7)
@Baroque (#9)
@Omni (#10)
@tagradh (unranked)

haha Radiohead
*feels heart get crushed*
Phish
Radiohead

I think both of these bands are awful now.
How can you hate Radiohead?
Got burned out on them in high school. Don't ask.
You do need to try to get into Radiohead and Kelly Clarkson!
Meh, Radiohead. Not my bag, baby, not my bag at all. I liked Northern King's cover of Creep better than the original... And it's fuckin Northern Kings.

Truth be told that and a handful of songs my friends have played are all I know by Radiohead but they just have this general vibe of 'young adult gay guy' that I can't get past.
Radiohead is one of those bands I never really gave a proper chance. I'll listen to The Bends and report back after I've absorbed it decently.
Don't bother. Overrated as fuck.

#6 Swans - The Great Annihilator

the-great-annihilator-5a130fadc4e4a.jpg

Those who voted:

@Omni (#1)
@Terasophe (#2)
@zabu of nΩd (#5)
@crimsonfloyd (#10)

I like "noisy Swans" but I like the most recent two ("The Seer" and "To Be Kind") even more.
i prefer the "poppy" swans. everything from children of god up to great annihilator are damn hard to beat.
I saw Swans live and my hearing is definitely worse for having done that, but I have no regrets about it.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
#3 Björk - Post

post-55ecb2d0d0c4a.jpg

Those who voted:

@no country for old wainds (#1)
@CASSETTEISGOD (#2)
@Omni (#3)
@zabu of nΩd (#6)
@Bloopy (#6)

I don't quite listen to Bjork but even her worst is better than those Opeth albums, hell, any Opeth at that.
Worst opinion ever
Björk rules anyway. Anyone who doesn't realize that is actually retarded, since she's an extremely good singer and original musician.
how DARE you call bjork a my pals
Cocksuckers who think that Bjork is better than every Metal band.
Bjork is pretty damn good and better than a lot of metal, :Smokin:
I agree with Mort's statement regarding Bjork.
Bjork is cool, really unique style.
I was put off Bjork for years, because her most well known song over here was that cover she did, "It's Oh So Quiet". I remember being a kid and it was a big hit here. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It's not representative of Bjork at all. I also knew her for a while as "that crazy Icelandic woman that punched a photographer".
Find me a pop forum where discussion on Fiona Apple and Bjork is normal (and intelligent, not just mindless droning) and I'd very well go post there.

#2 The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

mellon-collie-and-the-infinite-sadness-50cd45d82b948.jpg

Those who voted:

@Terasophe (#1)
@crimsonfloyd (#1)
@Baroque (#1)
@zabu of nΩd (#8)
@Krow (unranked)
@tagradh (unranked)

Smashing Pumpkins actually had riffs.
I'd say get Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. It's a great double album.
Listened to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness for the first time in ages last night. Forgot that the Pumpkins had some legitimately dark and heavy songs.
Siamese Dream >>> 99% of other grunge/alt rock of the time. Too bad Mellon Collie was mostly filler.

#1 GZA - Liquid Swords

"I'm in the park setting up a deal over blunt fire,
Bum nigga sleeping on the bench, they had him wired."

liquid-swords-542f35f5ce232.jpg

Those who voted:

@crimsonfloyd (#2)
@Talos of Atmora (#2)
@CASSETTEISGOD (#3)
@no country for old wainds (#3)
@Dazed and Brutal (#3)
@Satanstoenail (#6)
@Krow (unranked)
@tagradh (unranked)

I saw this win coming from a mile away, and it's deserved.

The standout cd from my recent bout of hip-hop purchasing is definitely Liquid Swords by GZA.
Liquid Swords is a great album.
Liquid Swords for me comes together so well due to the A+ production job, though it does help that GZA himself is a very solid rhymer.

I don't really get the hype behind Post. It has a few good songs but collectively it's a total mess with all sorts of failed experiments.