Jon Oliva's Pain: Global Warning

I seem to remember some Overkill albums that are pretty cool, and there's always the cool skull w. wings on those albums.

Slayer: Divine Intervention

Shaaman: first album....(ok, it's like a VERY old person, with thin paper rolled over bones, instead of skin, but almost qualifies for a skull).

L

Iron Maiden: AMOLAD
There's some skeletons behind Eddie.
:kickass:

I know this guy who used to write about metal. He's one of my prime influences. These days he's a great musician that's made a couple of my favorite albums of the past couple of years. Iron Maiden got him into metal. He released a Maiden tribute album on his record label. He's been over to England and visited the band and their management as part of a press junket. He's a complete Maiden freak and has been his entire life.

I asked him what he thought of AMOLAD, and his response was just one word...

"AVOID."

I wish I could write like him.

I know this guy who used to write about metal. He's one of my prime influences. These days he's a great musician that's made a couple of my favorite albums of the past couple of years. Iron Maiden got him into metal. He released a Maiden tribute album on his record label. He's been over to England and visited the band and their management as part of a press junket. He's a complete Maiden freak and has been his entire life.

"AVOID."

:lol: Whatever! AMOLAD is easily the best of the post-Blaze Bruce albums...destroys DOD and is a little better than BNW... :headbang:

"AVOID."

That's a shame.
Not their best endeavor by any stretch, but as a diehard Maiden fan, I loved it; it was great live too...and it beats the shit out of anything Blayze Bailey did with Maiden.

Album art matters not.
Riot's Born In America album has to be some of the most droll art ever, but the album absolutely kicks ass.

Good thing this thread is about JOP.
Skeletons or no, it will slay.
It will slay because it is JOP. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

So now if I remember correctly, Jon still has bunches of Cris's guitar stuff on tape. Does anyone know if he is planning on using them again this time like on Manical Renderings?

ooooo, good call! I was so disappointed when I finally got a copy of this and found out it didn't have Turn the Cross Upside Down on it. :D

:Smug:Hmm which album was this on?? I have like 3 of their cds so I should look when I get home. Oh wait it was on the Turn The Cross Upside Down EP released in 1985. I don;t recall it being on any regular studio album, but I could be wrong.

"Fire in the Brain - driving me insane!"

wow... been years since I've listened to it.

I bought that one on vinyl, along with III Warning - and still have them! :heh:

God, I'm old. :erk:

Same here my Friend. I loved this Swedish band back in the day!! Fire in the brain just had a KILLER cover!! so I bought this unknown band based on the vinyl cover.