Judas Priest "Dreamer/Deceiver"

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
Specifically, the first half "Dreamer." One of my favorite songs. The vocal performance on this track may be one of the most mind-blowing in metal. Haven't spun it in years, listening to "Sad Wings.." and just wow.

:OMG: :worship:

I got the CD version before the LP, and I wish they hadn't switched around the playing order for the CD.

The vinyl makes much more sense, with Dreamer Deceiver/Deceiver closing side 2, rather than just coming at an indistinct place in the middle of the CD.

The original, which I've probably never heard, is old, and thus, presumably quite sucky. The Skyclad version, however, is teh roXXXorzz!!

I thought that Judas Priest band was gay or something...?

Neil
Is this guy a troll? I haven't been here long, but he seems to totally suck.

Yea I always just assumed Neil was taking the generally opposed opinion most every time, if only for the often amusing comments of backlash he normally gets. :lol:

It's like the genius of Matthias of the Night reborn.

Ha, yeah...I studied under the best! Frankly I'm a bit shocked at how easy it's been to troll this crew. I didn't even really mean to do it! Most people here come off like hardened Internet veterans, so I was really more just trying to fit in than actively troll. But for some reason they decide to take me seriously. Since then, it's been like shooting fish in a barrel. Fat fish. In a small barrel! Yikes, guys with thousands of posts are getting all "Grrr!!" I almost feel bad! Ok, not really.

But, for my sensitive little darlings, I'll run my last post through the Troll-to-English translator:

<boring>I don't think I've ever heard the original, but Skyclad's version is just swell. Golly gee, you boys should check it out, I think you might enjoy it!</boring>

The live in the tv studio version on the dvd "Electric eye" is very cool.

Presumably that's this? [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LXBnAhMDFdI[/ame] Yeah, not bad, and I think I actually like that one more than the studio version (which I have since checked out as well)...it's got a bit more of that groovy 70s feel to it. Still like the Skyclad version more though, because I'm a Skyclad fanboy, and the violin and female backing vocals put a nice atmospheric slant on it.

Neil

Anything for a proper Skyclad fan! It's from Century Media's "Legends In Metal" JP tribute albums, which are the most impressive metal tributes ever released (along with their Dio one). Nevermore's "Love Bites" is the other gem on there.

without (presumably) just replaying the original.

Yep, of course not...not least of which because Walkyier attempting to replay Halford would have been a hilarious disaster!

Neil