• Iron Maiden

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Love em both!!!

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Dont Like em!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yow, not nearly enough Maiden supporters here. It's all opinion, but I don't think Priest even comes close. Maiden, Maiden, and again, uh, Maiden.

The Number of the Beast is always in a battle in my mind for best metal album of all time. Priest is fine.....but Maiden is the shyte. Waaaaay too many good records, hehe.

Number of the Beast is so overrated. "Invader(s)" is a complete ripoff of a certain song that shouldn't be too hard to find in the Priest catalogue (they like opening their albums with Priest ripoffs for some reason...see Man, Wicker). Sure, you get awesome songs like "Children," "Hills" and "Hallowed" but when all is said and done, Killers and the s/t are infinitely better.

discography-not close. priest. .easy.

Live-maiden. easy.

As for the greater band..depends on how I feel like in the morning.

kittybeast said:
no doubt it's Maiden...but more Priest is known for their poppy-bubble gum radio airplay... Maiden always delivered metal :worship: EDDIE RULEZ

:D support coming in...

sixxswine said:
What?!:tickled:
You have to be kidding!
The Turbo record maybe, they haven't made a career of "pop" songs!
Are you sure you have heard Priest?!

Sixx Kitty is more of an old-school metalhead then I will ever be... of course JP are no "pop" band... but a lot of their lyrics are more radio-friendly than Maiden's...then again I cannot comment too much on JP as I have never been into them...don't own anything by them... I respect them, just not my cup of tea

zeppelin said:
So Pabla voted Maiden and you voted Priest?

No.

Let's use some reasoning:

1. there are only four possible choices (besides abstention)
  2. I didn't abstain
  3. there are no votes for none so far
  4. I said the poll is well done and there was a way for me to vote
Ergo...

This was a tough one to call and I wanted to say it's a tie. But after much thinking I've decided on Priest. The biggest reason is because they've been doing what they do almost a decade longer than Maiden...so they get the nod based on seniority.

It really was a hard decision though and the two bands are very equally matched in the annals of metal history. Both bands had an incredible number of five-star albums. Both bands had a few duds. Both shaped the face of music as we know it today.

I had to pick both. In the grand scheme of things, during their heyday's I was listening to Dio and Accept much more than either Priest or Maiden, but I did have "tapes" by both. I enjoyed them, but I never felt like they outclassed some of the other bands from that era.
I do prefer Priest slightly over Maiden because they had a raunchier guitar sound. Maiden liked to do a lot of harmony riffs in songs as opposed to laying down solid ass-licking rythms like Priest did.

Bryant

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
This was a tough one to call and I wanted to say it's a tie. But after much thinking I've decided on Priest. The biggest reason is because they've been doing what they do almost a decade longer than Maiden...so they get the nod based on seniority.

It really was a hard decision though and the two bands are very equally matched in the annals of metal history. Both bands had an incredible number of five-star albums. Both bands had a few duds. Both shaped the face of music as we know it today.

My feelings closely echo these, as I love both bands, but after much deliberating, I'd have to give the slightest of edges to Maiden. And, at the end of the day, it really boils down to the fact that Maiden has outshined Priest over the course of the last decade. Both bands early catalogues are exception, of course.

The Ripper years, IMO, were quite weak - musically more than anything else. And, as poorly produced as the Blaze era records were, X is practically a classic and XI had 3 GREAT tracks. The Ripper years offered nothing to me.

The last two Maiden records are fantastic (yes, I'm one of the few who actually loved DOD). Priest's latest is simply dull and uninspiring (I've listened to it, easily, 15 times since purchasing it and it just....lacks).

So, IMO, had the careers of these bands both ceased in, say 1991, Priest would probably get the nod. But they still exist.....and the last 14 years have pushed the ball into Maiden's court.

Jean-Pierre said:
Number of the Beast is so overrated. "Invader(s)" is a complete ripoff of a certain song that shouldn't be too hard to find in the Priest catalogue (they like opening their albums with Priest ripoffs for some reason...see Man, Wicker). Sure, you get awesome songs like "Children," "Hills" and "Hallowed" but when all is said and done, Killers and the s/t are infinitely better.

Oh, so the intro of The Wicker Man has the same chord as the intro for Running Wild BUGGER BOO! That's one song out of a three-figure number of Maiden songs. Means nothing.
And I'd say that The Number Of The Beast is the defining Heavy Metal album - frantic headbanging from start to finish, lots of air guitaring, kewl riffs, kewl screamage, great sound...sounds like a typical Priest album :tickled: but TNOTB just NAILS it all :headbang:

I had to vote BOTH cos both bands are awesome. Though I have a soft spot for Priest, I think they nail how every band should look and act onstage...but no-one else can do it as well cos there is only one PRIEST :loco:

SoundMaster said:
My feelings closely echo these, as I love both bands, but after much deliberating, I'd have to give the slightest of edges to Maiden. And, at the end of the day, it really boils down to the fact that Maiden has outshined Priest over the course of the last decade. Both bands early catalogues are exception, of course.

The Ripper years, IMO, were quite weak - musically more than anything else. And, as poorly produced as the Blaze era records were, X is practically a classic and XI had 3 GREAT tracks. The Ripper years offered nothing to me.

The last two Maiden records are fantastic (yes, I'm one of the few who actually loved DOD). Priest's latest is simply dull and uninspiring (I've listened to it, easily, 15 times since purchasing it and it just....lacks).

So, IMO, had the careers of these bands both ceased in, say 1991, Priest would probably get the nod. But they still exist.....and the last 14 years have pushed the ball into Maiden's court.

I fucking love DOD! And I know a lot of people who do as well... Pachendale on it's own is :OMG: