• Iron Maiden

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Love em both!!!

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Dont Like em!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted love 'em both but I have to be honest and say I prefer Judas Priest. Both bands have had their share of somewhat disappointing albums, but you can count on them releasing quality material most of the time. Both are highly influential bands that deserve much respect.

By the way I love the new Judas Priest. It's not their best album of all time or anything but it's far from a disappointment in my opinion.

I go for Maiden, I just got more into Maiden for one reason or another. Priest was just as good, but the first Maiden records just were a bit more to my taste...But around '84 or so I lost complete interest in both; there were so many good bands rising around that time that the big 2 just didn't stand out as other bands did for me...I never really got into both bands anymore later on...Recently I heard some late 90's solo albums of Bruce that sound great and the latest Priest is cool too !!

I have to vote for Maiden. Personally Id rather listien to a Maiden song over a Priest song.. Maiden arent as heavy but the guitar harmonies and Rythym section are more interesting to listien to than Priests straight ahead crunching metal. Maidens hit songs are harder to cover than some of Priests The trooper has more going for it musically than Living after Midnight or Breaking the law which are some of the earliest tunes i learned how to play. Cover bands have a little more trouble learning most Maiden songs over Priests because theres a lot more to them.

Priest deserve all the credit for paving the way for a lot of metal bands and the image of Priest dressed in leather and studded wristbands is a very memorable. The earliest Priest record i own is British steel, it seems i missed out on some great records, many metal fans talk about sad wings and stained Glass hopefully i can pick them up somed day and check them out

sixxswine said:
one vote for don't like 'em?! Who the fuck voted for this?!
Exit the old school forum immediately & don't let the door
hit you on the ass on the way out!

Let's hunt the dissident aggressor and send him/her to purgatory
n022.gif

Iron Maiden by far. I give respect to the Priest just for the almight Halford, but to me the whole convept of Maiden totally wins over JP (in this poll now too! I pushed the edge to IM 9-8!)

Songwriting, album covers, lyrical content, emotional attachment and a top five Metal album of all time IMO (SIT) for me makes this a no-brainer.

Although Painkiller is a mighty fierce Metal album, bigtime! :worship:

And even as a Maiden fan, if I never hear NOTB again it will be fine for me. I am SO played out on that album it isn't even funny...

Walter_Langkowski said:
And even as a Maiden fan, if I never hear NOTB again it will be fine for me. I am SO played out on that album it isn't even funny...

Heheh...some guy who should be putting my band on a festival bill has requested we do Run To The Hills......after the show, I'm gonna slap him :loco:

You can't give us the "both" option in these polls!!! it's too much of a copout. Force the tough decisions!

sixxswine said:
What?!:tickled:
You have to be kidding!
The Turbo record maybe, they haven't made a career of "pop" songs!
Are you sure you have heard Priest?!
sixx, I think you mis-understood me. Priest got more radio play because of their more radio friendly poppy tunes. I do remember the days where the radio wouldn't even consider playing MAIDEN and before going to the Painkiller Priest tour at 5pm I requested Priest and they said it was too heavy to play. I've seen Priest and Maiden Live about 5 times since 1982 and both put on a phenomenal show! so in essence I love them both and you can't so one is better than the other, both talented, both long time metal bands both deliver the goods!!!!

wdiv said:
You can't give us the "both" option in these polls!!! it's too much of a copout. Force the tough decisions!

Disagree. I believe the "both" option is what makes this poll above the average, as well as the "none" option.
Of course in this case the "none" option is cause for elimination with extreme prejudice
a138.gif

MAIDEN!! :worship: :headbang:

My favourite vocalist - Bruce Dickinson
My favourite bassist - Steve Harris
My favourite guitar team - Dave and Adrian
My favourite album - "Powerslave"

I love the guitar harmonies/riffs, gallopping bass riffs, Bruce's perfect-for-Maiden vocal tone and both Nicko's and Clive's perfect-for-Maiden drumming styles. It all comes together as the perfect band for me and the essence of Heavy Metal. ALL HAIL MAIDEN!! :worship:

I'm not a huge Judas Priest fan, I love "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Painkiller" but that's about it.

And I know I'm gunna get hunted down and disemboweled for this statement but Halford is way overrated. He sings simplistic melodies, has a small vocal range so he has to use falsetto a lot and he rips off other people's vocal styles, for example, Ozzy on "Electric Eye" and almost Brian Johnson on "Painkiller"

Don't get me wrong, his vocals are perfect for Priest, he's just not that good.

Remember! I love 2 of their albums and have HEAPS of respect for them so I hope you'll reconsider disembowelling me..

Jean-Pierre said:
Ok, how the hell is Maiden beating Priest?

Why not? I'm a fan of both IM and JP, but still Maiden's 80-88 run is something magical to me... When I play songs like Powerslave, Moonchild or Losfer Words with my band, the shivers run up and down my spine like mad. Mind you, we play Electric Eye as well, but nothing compares to classic Maiden. :worship: :headbang:

SickBoy said:
Why not? I'm a fan of both IM and JP, but still Maiden's 80-88 run is something magical to me... When I play songs like Powerslave, Moonchild or Losfer Words with my band, the shivers run up and down my spine like mad. Mind you, we play Electric Eye as well, but nothing compares to classic Maiden. :worship: :headbang:
Forget Screaming For Vengeance, everything Maiden has ever done is a derivative from Stained Class and Sad Wings. Hell, Steve Harris even admitted it at one point.

To me, this is honestly like comparing Helloween to Rhapsody. If there was no Helloween, Rhapsody wouldn't be the same thing they are now.

Jean-Pierre said:
Forget Screaming For Vengeance, everything Maiden has ever done is a derivative from Stained Class and Sad Wings. Hell, Steve Harris even admitted it at one point.

So what? As far as I'm concerned, that can easily be the case where the apprentice overgrown the master... You didn't mention Wishbone Ash, Thin Lizzy or UFO, all had a great impact on young Harris. It's all about tastes, man...

To me, this is honestly like comparing Helloween to Rhapsody. If there was no Helloween, Rhapsody wouldn't be the same thing they are now.

Okay, so do you prefer Accept over Helloween perhaps?
Too bad for you if your answer is "no" cause whole Helloween is based on Fast As A Shark, Breaker and few other Accept songs... :p
Lousy arguments if you ask me. ;)

I really can't choose, I love them both. Judas Priest have better songs and albums (Sad Wings, Sin after Sin, Stained Class.. love em all) but Maiden got me into metal and they have less weak moments in their musical career. So that's even to me