Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Love em both!!!

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Dont Like em!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sickboy said:
So what? As far as I'm concerned, that can easily be the case where the apprentice overgrown the master...
My thoughts exactly. It's not who did it first but who did it better that counts.
Although Priest desearve a lot of respect for their impact on bands like Maiden. Just like other bands desearve a lot of respect for their impact on Priest. And just like Maiden desearve a lot of respect for their impact on a lot of other bands.

If you kept playing the "who did it first is better game" you'd end up saying a cave man hitting two sticks together is the greatest musician of all time. He isn't but he sure as hell has my respect for creating music. All hail him!!!! :worship:

Igor_Cavalera said:
If you kept playing the "who did it first is better game" you'd end up saying a cave man hitting two sticks together is the greatest musician of all time. He isn't but he sure as hell has my respect for creating music. All hail him!!!! :worship:

Totally...we could all trash every band we talk about on this forum for ripping off Chuck Berry and his guitar sound :loco:

Maiden for me...by far...

The first two were the killerest...then the Dickinson era was fucking killer...a bit more progressive and melodic however...

then the blaze bailey era was absolute dogshit...but now the dickinson era part II is okay..

As for Priest, I'm just not into anything much before British Steel, Defenders is my fave and Painkiller kicks ass..but other than that....Maiden has more likeable material for me.

SickBoy said:
Why not? I'm a fan of both IM and JP, but still Maiden's 80-88 run is something magical to me... When I play songs like Powerslave, Moonchild or Losfer Words with my band, the shivers run up and down my spine like mad. Mind you, we play Electric Eye as well, but nothing compares to classic Maiden. :worship: :headbang:

I was just curious...I too love Maiden but I don't see why you didn't include the albums No Prayer For the Dying or Fear of the Dark?...which would be 80' - 92'. They're really not to far away from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, my personal favorite...did you not like them?

Captain_Steel said:
very original... :Smug: ....

Don't tell me you are a Blaze Bailey fan???? huh??? :loco:

I am so try showing some fucking respect! ... you dont see me trashing on artists you enjoy huh?:erk: ??? its a simple request

EDIT: Just so you know this isnt anykind of personal insult flamewar starter thing ... I have read your other posts and liked some of what you have to say and actually think you can contribute to this board ... but please do refrain from the completely ignorant insulting remarks ... if you give respect you will recieve it back 10 fold! Thank you! :wave: :headbang:

2 great bands...they both own..

I would have to give the edge to Iron Maiden as far as personal preference, but they both kick major ass and have tons of awesome, timeless songs.

Steve Harris is the biggest reason I started playing bass, followed closely by Cliff Burton.

JB

JonnyD said:
I am so try showing some fucking respect! ... you dont see me trashing on artists you enjoy huh?:erk: ??? its a simple request

EDIT: Just so you know this isnt anykind of personal insult flamewar starter thing ... I have read your other posts and liked some of what you have to say and actually think you can contribute to this board ... but please do refrain from the completely ignorant insulting remarks ... if you give respect you will recieve it back 10 fold! Thank you! :wave: :headbang:

sorry bro, point taken.

musical quality is in the ear of the beholder... :headbang:

Captain_Steel said:
sorry bro, point taken.

musical quality is in the ear of the beholder... :headbang:

it is indeed! I have been down this road a thousand times before and have fought many Battles in the name of Metal! :loco: ... but seriously .. the reason this community works is that we all respect each others different musical Tastes ... be sure not to let this silly lil incident drive you off .. and dont be sorry for your opinion just be respectful about how you express it .... and now with all this serious respect talk out of the way ... I'm going to go take a Bubble bath in a Tub of Pepto-bismol

JonnyD said:
Same here Bro!!! Add D.D.Verni of Overkill to that list and you have my top 3 favorite Bass Players Ever! :D

With Harris being #1 correct? :p ;)

JonnyD said:
I'm going to go take a Bubble bath in a Tub of Pepto-bismol

I was about to suggest another thing :devil:

And just to get a bit deeper into the thread. When I started "Number Of The Beast", "Piece Of Mind", "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Defenders Of The Faith" where the driving force to get me more and more into metal.
By 1990 Judas Priest quits with was at the time the best swang song album a band can pull "Painkiller", while Iron Maiden was starting to decay big time with "No Prayer For The Dying".

Is no secret that I dislike Bayley era, he is not IMO suitable for Maiden. But Bruce retutn hasn't made things better, so I believe the band was about to sink one way or another.

I like Ripper as JP vocalist, sadly the music making machine wasn't focused into giving him the space to really shine. And even if AOR is not the best comeback one can expect, surly is better than DOD.

Chances are that Maiden can pull another good album, chances are that JP can pull a better album after the reunion. Chances are neither can hold much longer. Whatever the outcome of them in the months/years to follow one thing is for real: their place in metal history and their importance for me will never be diminished by bad albums, line-up changes, sound changes, etc. Their already carved their names in stone.

P.S But what we'll do without our # 1 bouncer? :wave: