Favorite Judas Priest Album

What is your favorite Judas Priest album?

• Rocka Rolla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad Wings of Destiny

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Sin After Sin

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Stained Glass

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Killing Machine

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • British Steel

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Point of Entry

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Screaming for Vengeance

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Defenders of the Faith

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Turbo

• Ram it Down

• Painkiller

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Jugulator

• Demolition

• Angel of Retribution

• Total voters
I voted for Jugulator. It was the Ripper era that got me into the band ... most Notably the '98 Live Meltdown album ... dare to be different :loco:

I love you JD. You're the man! The only one who likes more Ripper over Halford and Blaze over Bruce, true wacko :p

It is. It's just referred to by it's appropriate title of 'Killing Machine'.

Wrong answer. Both names are right, HBFL is the official name in USA and KM is the official name in Europe.

I can't choose..it's a toss up between Screaming and Defenders, with Sad Wings getting an honorable mention.

While I agree that Sad Wings is indeed among their creative best, Beyond The Realms of Death is one of the top creative peaks throughout the history of traditional Heavy Metal, and the innovation of ideas present in songs such as the previously mentioned, Exciter, Stained Class, Saints In Hell, and Savage say more for the creative integrity of the band than, say, Tyrant, Genocide, The Ripper, etc. And of course the fact that Sad Wings is far more heavily influenced by past works (especially in songs like Island Of Domination) than the more forward-thinking approach found on Stained Class, the riffing style of the title track of which has since seemingly become the sole foundation of the entire careers of innumerable bands to follow, is also an important factor.
I see what you're saying. That's true, I would say that Stained Class is their most innovative of the earlier albums. It was much more modern than anything before it.

Wrong answer. Both names are right, HBFL is the official name in USA and KM is the official name in Europe.
I say appropriate because the guys in Judas Priest call it 'Killing Machine' themselves. Whether they call it that because they're simply English or they feel that's the 'appropriate' title of the album, I don't know.

Metal Archives calls it Killing Machine so I'm guessing that it is indeed the appropiate title.

Metal Archives calls it Killing Machine so I'm guessing that it is indeed the appropiate title.

Pleeease, M-A as a rule for anything? :Smug:

I had on vinyl and I had it on CD and then the remaster CD and everytime I purchase it the legend says: "Hell Bent For Leather". Of course I have always bought the USA version on CBS.

Is therefore "Killing Machine" wrong? No, is simply how is known on the other side of the pond.

For example Astral Doors debut is called "Cloudbreaker" in Japan and "Of the Son and the Father", depending on where you are thus will be the official name.

Is like the albums with different covers in Europe and USA, which one is the right one?

NP: Nolan/Wakeman - 'Enlightment'

How about "Machine Bent For Leather Killing Hell" or 'Hell Bent For Leather Killing Machine'? Cast Your Votes!!! We'll make it official :p
PMR

To correct the confusion that has been around for decades Judas priest have finally decided to end all ambiguety and name their album 'Hell Bent For Leather Killing Machine' :lol:

My vote:

I´ll say British steel or Painkiller

I say appropriate because the guys in Judas Priest call it 'Killing Machine' themselves. Whether they call it that because they're simply English or they feel that's the 'appropriate' title of the album, I don't know.
Rob Halford calls it 'Hell Bent for Leather', so I guess both names are correct... :)

“Well, the leather didn’t come along until Priest released the Hell Bent For Leather album. I just started to coordinate what I wore with that theme since there was no definitive look for metal at the time. The motorcycle kicked off from that whole approach and style. I think that really was in the forefront and I feel very proud that I helped to create that metal illusion - that’s when metal looked as good as it sounded.”
- Rob Halford, EDGE magazine, May 2003

More trivia :
CBS/Columbia Records did not like the violent title Killing Machine for the American market, citing the title as having "murderous implications" that were too offensive to have displayed on store shelves (department store such as K-Mart were big opponents to the title), so the title of the Glenn Tipton song "Hell Bent For Leather" (appropriate for the band's image) was chosen instead, and the album was released in the States in February 1979, along with the US tour as planned.

Source : JUDAS PRIEST INFO PAGES - KILLING MACHINE