July 15, 2007 Jaxx, Springfield, VA Roll Call

no don't worry they let you in the front doors before the "doors open".

How so? We've never been to Jaxx and we're used to going to pretty small venues so I'm curious to know how this works.

Hey if you are going to be there so early can I get in line behind you?

I wish that I could do that! We're firm believers in getting there early after doing it for Type O. We met Johnny Kelly before the show and we hung out with a couple of members from Celtic Frost before and after the show. It was awesome! I don't know how Jaxx is set up so I don't know if it's possible to meet band members before they perform.

Do you think that Testament will have a tour dates shirt this go round since there's only four U.S. tour dates?

-Tiffany

How so? We've never been to Jaxx and we're used to going to pretty small venues so I'm curious to know how this works.

I wish that I could do that! We're firm believers in getting there early after doing it for Type O. We met Johnny Kelly before the show and we hung out with a couple of members from Celtic Frost before and after the show. It was awesome! I don't know how Jaxx is set up so I don't know if it's possible to meet band members before they perform.

Do you think that Testament will have a tour dates shirt this go round since there's only four U.S. tour dates?

-Tiffany
wait so are let me get behind you or not?:lol:
and the way the jaxx is....its just like a place next to a resturant with two doors at the front which is where they keep the tickets. You can walk through the doors at anytime and there should be someone at a desk to help you.

Unless the band spends the whole time on the bus (they didn't last time), meeting them should be no issue at Jaxx...

BTW, if anyone waited too long, we still have tickets...

Unless the band spends the whole time on the bus (they didn't last time), meeting them should be no issue at Jaxx...

Yay! That's so exciting! Larry, my boyfriend, should be estatic! He made the hotel reservations today so I guess that everything is set! It's nice to be able to get out of town once in a while. Hopefully this experience will be very memorable. I can't wait for Therion in November! :)

Me neither. I missed them last time.

It sucks when you miss a band that you really enjoy! I've never seen them, but I'm highly looking forward to it! Then, onto seeing Symphony X somewhere, sometime after Therion.

I hate the fact that I completely hijacked this thread, but I needed some information and I still do. Does anyone know of any must go to restaurants in Springfield?

I don't know of any "must go to" restaurants - it's pretty typical suburban fare - but there are several decent places near the venue (there are two other strip malls across the street), and the kabob place next to Jaxx is actually pretty good, albeit not the, ahem, *cleanest* establishment you'll ever eat at.

BTW, if anyone waited too long, we still have tickets...

also if you want to see them after just wait inside the club by the bar. I had to wait there until my dad picked me up last night from necrophagist and I met everybody.

I don't know of any "must go to" restaurants - it's pretty typical suburban fare - but there are several decent places near the venue (there are two other strip malls across the street), and the kabob place next to Jaxx is actually pretty good, albeit not the, ahem, *cleanest* establishment you'll ever eat at.

What about Bertucci's? They look divine according to the menu on their website.

I'm getting excited about the show and finding things to do! We're trying to plan beforehand because we have no idea where we're going at all. :lol:

also if you want to see them after just wait inside the club by the bar. I had to wait there until my dad picked me up last night from necrophagist and I met everybody.

That's awesome! I'm glad that you got to meet them! :headbang:

They're one of the better Italian chains - although not quite Macaroni Grill..

So...Macaroni Grill is better, huh? I looked at their menu online and they are cheaper. There's one eight minutes from the hotel so I will ask him tonight if he'd like to go there instead. Are their brickoven style pizzas any good?

So...Macaroni Grill is better, huh? I looked at their menu online and they are cheaper. There's one eight minutes from the hotel so I will ask him tonight if he'd like to go there instead. Are their brickoven style pizzas any good?

The official Testament forum food discussion continues. :lol:

My wife and kids seem to like them - I can't eat pizza since I'm allergic to cheese. I can recommend about 7/10 of the rest of the menu, though.

The official Testament forum food discussion continues. :lol:

My wife and kids seem to like them - I can't eat pizza since I'm allergic to cheese. I can recommend about 7/10 of the rest of the menu, though.

You must be lucky... I've eaten at 2 of them (both in MD) and gotten ill at both places. Not sure if that's the location or the food. Bertucci's is really good. For a reasonably priced dinner for two, it's hard to beat an order of their grilled wings and a pizza.

I just wanted to come by and thank everyone for the suggestions and comments made about this show.

We will be leaving for Springfield around 10 in the morning today. I'm beyond excited! :lol:

See you all on Sunday! :headbang:

I just wanted to come by and thank everyone for the suggestions and comments made about this show.

We will be leaving for Springfield around 10 in the morning today. I'm beyond excited! :lol:

See you all on Sunday! :headbang:

mabye ill see you. I'm a young semi-long haired dude with a new order shirt. My dad will be an insane looking blad guy with a cattle decapetation shirt on.:lol:

I'll be there. I'll have on a Dublin Death Patrol shirt. If anyone is needing a pair of tickets I should have a pair. See you at the show.