Just a quick and daft question

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
What is the latest version of Windows?

Vista or Windows 7

My head is all jumbled up right now and I am looking at buying a new tower but I am so full of mumbo jumbo I can't think straight

I only ended up with it since I bought this laptop, and while I haven't encountered any problems with it and it looks and runs nicely, I'm not sure if I'd pay the £40-80 (or however much it costs on it's own) for it.

I'd say if you're happy using Vista you may as well stick with that for now, then when you buy a new PC/laptop move onto 7 then.

Thanks for your answers

I am going to buy a new desktop as the one I have, is on it's last legs and I spoke with my brother who said that he bought a brand new one costing £1000+ (He's a diehard gamer) and the windows he has is now obselete after only a few months and I couldn't remember which one it was, before you say why didn't u contact him and ask him, well, you would be correct in asking that but to be fair, I did say my head was fuckin screwed up and I couldn't think straight

:lol::lol::lol:

If you get a new one then its worth geting windows 7 on it as you should get a hard copy which means that if you encounter problems you can go back to an old OS and then reinstall if you need to later. Also I would say get a 32 bit version. Not only will it be cheaper but the 32 bit versions normally have alot less problems than the 64 bit versions and the only benefit and 64 bit version will give you is the ability for the computer to recognise 4 gigs of RAM rather than the 3.25 that a 32 bit will, and unless you will be playing the latest games or doing music on, won't really matter.
Also if you brother knows his shizz, ask him to help you build it, you will save soooooo much money and it will be worth it ( BIOS won't be locked and your computer won't be have loads of shit installed on it when you buy it) and alows you to optimise it to what you want to do and know more about your computer.

Vista isn't bad. I have it :D

Do I want to overclock it?

Not really only for squeezing out a bit more from your computer, generally for gaming. Basically you can increase the run speed of everything in your computer, but doing this will increase the heat. If it heats up to much it will melt but the computer does things, like blue screen, to stop it all flowing onto the floor. So when you overclock you need to get more cooling for your computer.

When you buy the computer straight from the manufacturer, like Dell, the BIOS will be locked to stop you overclocking your components so that people don't melt them, void the warrenty and go complaining to Dell.