just a quick rant!

Girl On The Edge

New Metal Member
Jun 24, 2002
on a black rainbow
Visit site
can somebody please tell me why some people have to make fun of those different to them! i dont dress in a way that is very original and a few people in this area do dress in the same way. true i can go slightly mad with my style of dress, but im comfy with the way i dress.
i do not shout at people in the street when i see them dressed in a way that is different to me. and i do not understand why people have to shout things like"goth" at me when i am not even a goth! i know many people experince the same thing, i just think that they should see that it doesnt matter what we wear!
i hang around with people who listen to all different styles of music and all different styles of dress, and we all get on really well, but its just really off putting when u go out shopping and get shouted at for what u seem to like and what u wear.
they also seem to sterotype us and seem to think that because we listen to a certain time of music we are biting heads of bats and all suicidal. its not true at all!! and it just annoys me greatly!
sorry for this huge rant but i just had to get that off my chest. basically what im trying to say is that i wish people would just not get along, but not place people into groups and shout at them. its so lame and not worth it!
sorry!:rolleyes:

I actually find that one of the advantages of dressing extreme - its easy to pick out the people in a crowd you don't want to get to know, cause they're the ones who can't look past the surface.

How exactly do you dress?

If you dress REALLY extreme, you should expect getting responses...

Most people who dress extreme do it FOR the shock or entertainment value they get from people's reactions.

Kinda like a few really attractive girls that I know that get really pissed when guys stare at them and make comments... when you're half naked in tight hip revealing shorts and spaghetti strapped tanks, people are going to look and make comments...

You see a fat hairy guy at the beach wearing speedos, you're going to laugh or point...

Some people just need to realize all of that...

Yeah, I normally dress pretty mainstream. I've done what I look like in my avatar a few times and the reactions are hilarious! One time these guys were trying to push stolen watches on my mates and when I came out the subway they just shouted "what the fuck is that?!?" and ran off.... man did I laugh :lol:

You also see the discerning looks from parents as they hurry their children away.... hehe

Of course, sometimes its nice to be normal :)

LMAO!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!

When I was a teenager, I had hair almost to my waist, I used to wear torn up baggy bell bottoms, a chain belt and my "colors"... jean jacket with all kinds of shit drawn on it, and be wearing some metal shirt, ozzy, priest, maiden, etc... and people would look at you, they'd cross the street so they wouldn't have to walk near you... if you were walking behind someone, they'd keep looking back... all in upper-middle class suburbia... that was a laugh in a half...

:lol:

Let 'em shout girl, who wants to look normal anyway? I don't dress extreme as I'm getting old, so I'm usually in combats or leathers as I ride bikes and trikes. I do have hair to my waist, which still freaks some people out. Be yourself and don't conform, as many do!

ur right actually! that made me think! who does want to be normal? life would just be no fun if everyone looked the same!
maybe more extreme would be fun!altho im not reallt extreme as it is. i think its just coz the group we are in we all look so different that people seem to notice us. im sure there are ppl more extremly dressed and i admire them for it! some of them have a great style.. i wish i cud find one that was extreme but suited me at the same time, that make sense!
thanks that just made my day!
IM PROUD TO BE UNORMAL!:p

Its funny to see how ignorant everyone is, whenever Im walking to school, or basically anywhere for that matter... People always see it fit to flip me off and call me random obsceneties (especially the morons from my school that I dont know who drive by, who seem to be afraid to actually confront me at school), I simply smile and wave back.

the best is when the group of the ppl call u something and u just take it as a huge compliment and just just shout thank you and smile sweetly at them1
or just when u see ppl doing it call it them back, they get totally confused. its so sweet!

Originally posted by Girl On The Edge
the best is when the group of the ppl call u something and u just take it as a huge compliment and just just shout thank you and smile sweetly at them1
or just when u see ppl doing it call it them back, they get totally confused. its so sweet!

or just eat their first born child.....:devil:

hmmm yes well u often get the ppl who will stereotype u but i couldnt care less anymore i wear what i wear because im comfy in it and becoz i like it and its me and if they have a probelm with that then tough luck ok rant over :D

Originally posted by Hywel
I actually find that one of the advantages of dressing extreme - its easy to pick out the people in a crowd you don't want to get to know, cause they're the ones who can't look past the surface.

True...

Besides, who gives a fuck what other people think? I sure as hell dont!!! And by the way... If it really bothers you; why do you do it then?

If it bother's you then why do you do it?

->Because you like the clothes, but don't like arseholes deciding that because you don't wear the same that they can use you as an open target. It's basically not liking the shit that comes with not wanting to be like everyone else and wear the same shit as most people do because you feel it's what is socially acceptable.

There's a lot of people out there that will laugh at anything they see as abnormal. How much shit have I got for having long hair when it was unfashionable as fuck? And for wearing clothes I like but aren't "in"? Loads. But fuck it, I'm happy looking like a tramp and not having to wear a suit because "it's the acceptable way to dress"

girl on the edge: the people that do that are just pathetic liitle losers who lie awake at night crying their little eyes out because they're too weak to not go against the flow of their "friends" (even though they "friends" all do the same thing). you get 1 or 2 people who really are just that stupid and shallow that they laugh or call you a freak 'cos you're different from them. these people are the ones who really don't have an intelliegence level above that of a pile of shite that has been watered down with methanol and several things which corrode brains. they do it because they are in a group of people and they don't have the courage to say to the rest of the group "shut up! just 'cos they dress differently from you doesn't mean they're freaks. We're the freaks for not accepting it". i like to think of it like this:

millions of years ago, when a member of a group of animals displayed characteristics that were different from the rest of the group they were outcast. these outcast creatures are the creatures who were more highly evolved and had a better chance of surviving in the world. People like you and me are outcast as freaks because we display characteristics different from everyone else (the ability to talk about anything and everything with friends, actually having friends, being totally fine with who you are etc). we are more highly evolved than those lowly scumbags who shout at us. also think about where they're heading, 1 of 3 places. the jail, the morgue or the gutter, preferably all 3 in the order of 3, 1, 2.

we get shit because we aren't as shallow as them. they don't have the intelligence to see that. if it wasn't for that fact that they were such arseholes i'd feel sorry for them.

:lol:

No matter what your clothes are I would instintly avoid you if your clothes doesnt sweet on you. And definately turn my back to you if I think you are not clean enough!

I've seen pretty goth chicks with extreme look (but clean) that actually turned me on. I've also seen some others that It made me quite despising some people as considering they have no sence on dresing...

The way you dress is important anyway... And there's sth else. I would put up a punk even I might lothe the way they dress at a park on the road ect put of course I wouldnt put up that attitude as seeing an emploee dressing like that.

well tell me how apopriate is for a banker for ex to dress like that?

At home at your walk you can almost wear whatever you like... But not in most of other occasions...

BUT you cant go out half naked or with pyjamas outside if you dont want comments.

"people get dressed as the majority wants but everyone eats what he wants" heh! sth that used to be said...