Just back from Enchant's first gig!

Bochum, 11.10.

What a show!
I returned from holidays one week earlier than I had intended to do and didn't even stay to see SB (invitation to a friend's birthday party), but this one hour of Enchant's gig was certainly worth it!
I can only agree with all that was said above, but apart from the great musical skill the guys showed on stage (they played Progtology! Ed, you rock!) I was also very impressed about how the "mobile" part of the Band (i.e. Ted, Ed & Doug) were trying to get in touch with the audience. While e.g. most singers try to hypnotize their mic during a show, Ted really looked you in the eye ;-)!
Very unusual (at least to me) was what happened right after the show: Enchant had hardly left when a guy came on stage and told us they would be waiting near the entrance for questions, autographs, etc. in about five minutes - and they really did! Armed with beer, pens & a lot of patience the guys took their time for EVERYONE who approached them, signing tickets, CDs, answering questions, and so on. I've never seen that before (well, it was my first Enchant concert, and right now I'm searching the internet for a spare ticket for the show in Tilburg/NL...)

Anyway, congratulations guys! It was amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

-Alex-

Wow thanks so much for all the kind words and support everyone.

We are so pleased that people are enjoying the shows so much, we are truly leaving it all out of the stage! for all of you!

It is so amazing to look out into the crowd and see so many moved by the music, some singing along with Ted word for word. The last three shows have been incredible! Huge thanks to all of you that have come to the shows and touched us deeply with your support!

We thank you all so much!

I'm glad everyone in EUROPE is having a great time....seeing that ENCHANT is an american band, doesn't make much since that a US tour is not on the agenda. Someone please inform Inside/Out that we here in the states pay their salaries TOO!

Although I had quite the hard time getting to Bochum for various reasons (construction works on the railway I was using, missed trains, late busses... "sometimes it feels like I´m living in a movie..." ;)) and was already perceiving my dream of seeing Enchant live in concert shattered at my feet, I did arrive at the Zeche a mere 15 minutes before Enchant started. (I saw Sean, Bill and Ed outside of the venue, but of course wasn´t able to say something...)
Well, needless to say, a great gig with an almost flawless setlist! :) Everyone was on top of his game on Saturday (and it was nice to see that the audience rewarded everyone with due respect for their individual flashy stuff, e.g. Ed for Sinking Sand and Progtology, Bill for Progtology and Doug for Comatose), although in the beginning, the drums were very loud and the keyboard a bit too low. It astonished my quite a bit that you took your time too sign everything (although there seemed to be a shortage of pens... :D) and answer every question while at the same time enjoying yourselves. I´m sure not every band does this for their fans! Nice guys you are! :)

BTW, Ted, you might remember me... I was the short guy in the Tug shirt saying how Comatose gave me goosebumps while having my ticket signed. (God, I hate myself for not being able to say reasonable things to a member of one of my favourite bands when I had the chance. :tickled: )

Spock's Beard were very good, too, but the second half had too much instrumental and jam stuff, even for my likings. There have a hell of a stage presence, though! (Ryo was so cool abusing his keyboards and dragging the seemingly shy Dave to the middle of the stage during his solo, not to mention his larger-than-life leather jacket :D) "The Doorway" was great!

Hello guys,
yesterday at Paderborn you gave us one of the best evenings of all times! It was our first opportunity to see you since we discovered you in August last year because of the 'blink of an eye'-album. Everything was great and excactly the way we wished it to be. And you even surprised us more with that kind talk after the show, as you told us, that you recognized my wife Iris from the Bochum-gig (were I couldn't go) and that you had noticed my lousy efforts to sing with Ted during the show! We wish you a fine tour, a safe way home to your families and your fast return to Germany for us! We are so thankfully, that you've been here and that we could talk to you!
Good bye and good luck, hope to see you again! Bambi and Iris

Hi

Here is my personal Review of the Aschaffenburg Show.

It was a really great show. The Setlist was good although I missed Monday. I will never forget Ed`s face, when he seemed to play a wrong part. :) The Audience was great, too, but not many knew older Songs from Time Lost and before (Thank you for Under the Sun). But there was something, that I didn`t like very much. It was the destruction of Comatose by Doug`s Solo. OK, you are not machines, but less "Posing" would have been better, because of the athmosphere in this Solo, which is the absolute Peak in this Song.
Maybe I will watch the Munich Show tonight, but I don`t know yet.

Have a nice day

Enchanted

Hmmmmm

Well first off the audiance was incredible last night! thanks to all of you for being so amazing!

I guess it was a little rough in parts I remember the part Enchanted, but I think there was more than one, no we are not machines that would suck live I think? and it was a major FU but I usually laught those off! I move out of the bass pocket near my amp to have a little fun but I guess I got a bit off at one point! I should have made a better face! sorry for the posing but we like to have fun or at least look like we are enjoying ourselves! Posing hah thats a first?

Sean and Bill were just on last night! guys you rock! We had fun and the sound was great! I watched a little of the footage this morning and it rocked! a bit raw but hey?

OK we better catch this cab back to the venue for another soundcheck and night of Enchanting!

Munich is such a great city we are looking forward to tonight! it was so cool to get downtown today and see this place again!

Last night in Germany though! so it is time to rock hard!

Ed

Enchanted said:
Hi

Here is my personal Review of the Aschaffenburg Show.

It was a really great show. The Setlist was good although I missed Monday. I will never forget Ed`s face, when he seemed to play a wrong part. :) The Audience was great, too, but not many knew older Songs from Time Lost and before (Thank you for Under the Sun). But there was something, that I didn`t like very much. It was the destruction of Comatose by Doug`s Solo. OK, you are not machines, but less "Posing" would have been better, because of the athmosphere in this Solo, which is the absolute Peak in this Song.
Maybe I will watch the Munich Show tonight, but I don`t know yet.

Have a nice day

Enchanted

Enchanted said:
But there was something, that I didn`t like very much. It was the destruction of Comatose by Doug`s Solo. OK, you are not machines, but less "Posing" would have been better, because of the athmosphere in this Solo, which is the absolute Peak in this Song.
Wow, Enchanted....destruction????? I can't imagine what you saw that would make you say that. During this solo Doug stood at the edge of the stage and played his HEART out. That wasn't 'posing' to me, not at all. That is an incredibly emotional piece and Doug is full of energy and emotion during that solo...he feels every note, he doesn't just play them. My description of his solo that night would be more like 'gripping' or 'electrifying'. Given the crowd's response, I'm think most everyone else who was there would agree.

No, thank God, they are not machines. Enchant is all about emotions - and the emotional response to the music - both as performers and for the crowd.

Glad you still thought it was a great show though --- it truly was - a great show and a wonderful night for Enchant!!! :)

keeper of the flame said:
@mgirishfan

Hope to read some of your diary, if possible, and to see those pictures you're taking. Have fun and say hi to everybody for me.
Hey Keeper, you bet - I have to finish it up - some days just have random thoughts, not rational sentences, LOL! And I will be running my pics thru PS on Sunday when I get home from FL -- there are some cool shots in there, and I'll post some on my website....the rest are for the guys - up to them to decide what to do with them, you know. All in all I think I snapped between 1200-1400 shots across the 6 days! :) Gotta love digital! :)