New Listener

joedog

Aug 20, 2003
Hello fellow Enchant listeners!

I am VERY GLAD that I bought the new Spock's Beard Feel Euphoria CD. I was smart (read: lucky) enough to grab the limited edition version which came with a nice little sampler disc inside. I didn't care too much for the first couple of songs on it, but then WHAM... Sinking Sand comes on. I was drawn to it immediately!

But who was this band I had yet to hear of? Never heard of them ANYWHERE. I guess it was only because I wasn't paying attention. I am a Dream Theater fan (Can't wait till October for their new release) and must have missed the Enchant discussions at the various DT and related message boards. Luckily for me this sampler CD brought me the goods!

But I digress. I'm placing my online order for Tug of War tomorrow and have already picked up J9orD10 (Only Enchant disc in Kansas City I think) and have been listening to it much recently. I came here tonight on a whim (checking out theoasis.cc site) and couldn't believe the fan interaction over here. You guys are simply amazing. I am also a huge Van Halen fan and this is like a total 180 of what is going on in =VH= land. They seem to somewhat ignore their fans unless they have something to sell. You all seem very cool and down-to-earth. I, as a newfound fan, truly appreciate it.

In my massive search for a local store that carried Tug of War (I just have to have it N-O-W!), I came to this realization. Have you guys thought about offering the disc for sale AND/OR download on this theoasis.cc and insideoutmusic.com? I think this would be a fantastic way to "spread the word", especially with a disc that doesn't have much of a store presence. I've been begging for fellow Enchant fans to send me the MP3's of Tug of War after I purchased it online somewhere, because (as I said) I have to have it N-O-W. I was hoping to find an online store that would allow me to purchase the disc and download it as well as receive the normal CD in the mail. What do you think of this idea?

Well, I've ranted too long for a first-time poster, but I want to say that you guys really sound good and I hope this disc flies off the shelves and promotes you to a higher place in the industry. You certainly deserve it!

Any of you ever think about doing a side project with some (or all - :p) members of Dream Theater???

Welcome aboard Joe! There are online sites selling CD's that let you d/l mp3's after yu purchase the CD - www.cheap-cds.com is one, and they have the new L/E Tug (you want that one!!) but for some reason they don't show the tracks yet. You can get clips on the main site and cduniverse and amazon - but I'm sure you know that! www.theendrecords.com has a great deal on Tug though - $13.00 and free shipping! And he's a nice guy too! Definitely pick up the LE of Blink of an Eye, the Wounded/Time Lost combo, and the one that started it all - Blueprint of the World - the reissue is cool - lots of extra liner notes and pics!

Don't worry about the length of your rant - we all go on ad infinitum here about our Enchant guys!

Stop back again - and often! :)

Joedog

Welcome aboard. Hey thanks for the support and compliments.

Hey that has been discussed and is not a bad idea, we have talked about other simular ideas as well. Gotta spread the word. Hey you may own the only Enchant disc in KC too :)

On DT hey we opened 7 shows for them in 97 in Europe. Mike P sat in on an Encore of Would by AIC in Bonn the last show of the tour, his Birthday, and Ted sang backing vocals on Caught in a Web. Thats the closest we have come to side projects :) Although you just never know? Those guys are insane :)

As I promised, I ordered Tug of War through cheap-cds.com (thanks for the advice, although I can't find a link to download ANY songs on their site). Anyone wanna send me the MP3's???

BTW, this experience has me thinking about starting a new online business that would allow you to download the entire CD after the purchase transaction is completed.

Also, thanks for responding Ed. Let me know if you need any other good ideas.. :)

joedog said:
As I promised, I ordered Tug of War through cheap-cds.com (thanks for the advice, although I can't find a link to download ANY songs on their site). Anyone wanna send me the MP3's???

BTW, this experience has me thinking about starting a new online business that would allow you to download the entire CD after the purchase transaction is completed.

Also, thanks for responding Ed. Let me know if you need any other good ideas.. :)

Hi Joe, you'll have the real thing soon! In the meantime, you can hear clips of almost every song if you cruise to all the websites...just found this one - www.artist-shop.com has a clip of Comatose!!!!! Doug's solo about midway through....CHILLING!

I'm thinking cheap-cds used to let you do that.... (download after buying) ....maybe it was the old CDNow....in any case, patience is a virtue, my friend! :)

Enjoy!

ebass said:
On DT hey we opened 7 shows for them in 97 in Europe. Mike P sat in on an Encore of Would by AIC in Bonn the last show of the tour, his Birthday, and Ted sang backing vocals on Caught in a Web. Thats the closest we have come to side projects :) Although you just never know? Those guys are insane :)

I used to have this show on cassette and somewhere between my move from Australia to the UK it got lost.

But I know the guy who recorded it and am hopefully gonna get a copy off him sometime.