Just bought Undead!

ZeiMoT said:
Beer in Swedish is called öl or bärs . The latter is slang.
How to pronounce it?
ÖL: The Ö sounds like the U in the english burn and the L sounds like a L.
BÄRS: B (y'all know what that sounds like), Ä sounds like the AI in the english word air but shorter, and finally the RS sounds like the SH in shower.

That's the best instruction I can give you. Why don't you come here and visit Sweden, drink some beer, and learn some Swedish.

I would enjoy that. In fact there are several countries in Europe I would like to visit. It will happen, but it is a few years away. My wife is a student and she has to get settled in her career first. I have been to Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Luxembourg. Ireland, Sweden and Denmark are places I would like to see.
I am serious about the Ol though Zeimot. I have probably tried at least 300 or so different beers. Although I am guilty of drinking too many beers at one time on occasion, I really enjoy the complexed flavors of the beer from all over the world. If you can give me the names of some of your strong flavored Swedish Ol (sorry I don't know the hotkey for the dots over the "O",) I would like to see if I could find them.
The same goes for you Zeimot. America is known for watery beer like Budweiser (though trust me, it's better than some of the popular brands here) but we also have smaller "micro" breweries that make wonderful brews. You should also come here and try some of ours. :D

Bryant

Gaunerin said:
bärs? det låter roligt. jag måste tänka på blåbär ;)

seriously though, never heard of that so far. is the word really often in use?

Hey Gaunerin !! You are from the motherland of beer. You should know how to say "bier" in every language. :loco: Ha ha ha I am only teasing. Don't get me wrong... Germany has strong competition. Belgium is a very tiny country and they make over 500 different beers. Ireland also has great beer as well.

Bryoff-topic

Yeah, there are a lot of places in Europe I'd like to see myself... and when I eventually do I think I'll bring a list of who is playing where when I go, hehe
smilies2.gif

(As Winter proceeds to spend more time at concerts then siteseeing, and has to come back next vacation, hehe
blabla.gif
)
ices_lol_large.gif

Bryant said:
I would enjoy that. In fact there are several countries in Europe I would like to visit. It will happen, but it is a few years away. My wife is a student and she has to get settled in her career first. I have been to Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Luxembourg. Ireland, Sweden and Denmark are places I would like to see.
I am serious about the Ol though Zeimot. I have probably tried at least 300 or so different beers. Although I am guilty of drinking too many beers at one time on occasion, I really enjoy the complexed flavors of the beer from all over the world. If you can give me the names of some of your strong flavored Swedish Ol (sorry I don't know the hotkey for the dots over the "O",) I would like to see if I could find them.
The same goes for you Zeimot. America is known for watery beer like Budweiser (though trust me, it's better than some of the popular brands here) but we also have smaller "micro" breweries that make wonderful brews. You should also come here and try some of ours. :D

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Yeah, I saw this show on tv awhile ago that was going through all of these different kinds of microbrewed beers. I was amazed there were so many kinds (I like to hear about alcohol because I can't drink it, lol). I'm afraid Bryant is right about normal American beer though, all my beer drinking friends say its just not very good.

If someone gives me a Budweiser or Coors or whatever, I'll drink it. It's not "bad" per se' but just rather boring. I used to be a Budweiser drinker in fact, but I tried a six pack of Moosehead (a Canadian beer) just because I thought the bottle looked cool quite a few years ago and it started me on a quest to try all the beer available I can get my hands on because I was blown away by the fact that the flavor was so much better than the normal macro stuff. Though I don't use that "beer speak" like many "connisseurs," like "finishes with a dry fruity aftertaste," my palette has developed quite nicely and I can tell when a beer (that I am familiar with) has been exposed to too much light which gives it a "skunky" taste and odor.
In fact, if there is one thing I do praise Budweiser about, it is consistancy. It is consistantly boring, but they all taste the same wherever you buy it. The brewmasters that work for AB are very good to be able to maintain that same flavor and carbonation. Brewing beer is an art because it is all natural ingredients and a natural fermenting process.
If you go and buy fresh corn at the local grocery, one month it might be sweet and the next month not so. The basic ingredients of beer are water, malt, hops, and yeast. Any variation in those ingredients can cause a drastic change in the flavor of the beer. To keep beer consistant takes a great deal of work. You can believe the brewmasters at AB and the other big American macros are very well paid.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
After I graduate high school, I might move their and try to find other musicians to work with. That's only if my band breaks up, which I don't think will happen.

The drummer for Rage (Germany) was born in America. He didn't like the music scene here and split.

bryant

Skunky can't be a good thing, lol
eek6.gif

Bryant said:
If someone gives me a Budweiser or Coors or whatever, I'll drink it. It's not "bad" per se' but just rather boring. I used to be a Budweiser drinker in fact, but I tried a six pack of Moosehead (a Canadian beer) just because I thought the bottle looked cool quite a few years ago and it started me on a quest to try all the beer available I can get my hands on because I was blown away by the fact that the flavor was so much better than the normal macro stuff. Though I don't use that "beer speak" like many "connisseurs," like "finishes with a dry fruity aftertaste," my palette has developed quite nicely and I can tell when a beer (that I am familiar with) has been exposed to too much light which gives it a "skunky" taste and odor.
In fact, if there is one thing I do praise Budweiser about, it is consistancy. It is consistantly boring, but they all taste the same wherever you buy it. The brewmasters that work for AB are very good to be able to maintain that same flavor and carbonation. Brewing beer is an art because it is all natural ingredients and a natural fermenting process.
If you go and buy fresh corn at the local grocery, one month it might be sweet and the next month not so. The basic ingredients of beer are water, malt, hops, and yeast. Any variation in those ingredients can cause a drastic change in the flavor of the beer. To keep beer consistant takes a great deal of work. You can believe the brewmasters at AB and the other big American macros are very well paid.

Bryant

I'm still real ticked off about him leaving Adagio. Yet he is still in Pink Cream 69 :yuk:

nothing against them, but adagio has so much potential. They will headline Progpower one day and Pink Cream 69 will get mid band level if lucky. I guess he is more of a power metal guy then. Or he just does'nt want a challenge vocally. All he has to do in PC69 is imitate Andi Deris. :yell: :yell: :yell:

This should be om the rant and rave forum I guess.