Just got a reminder of why i gave up playing on bands

jangoux

May 9, 2006
To me, guitar playing is like sex: we can always fap, but it isn't as cool as doing it with somebody else. Unlike fapping, however, I really can't stand playing alone, it is just so boring playing along to a CD or to the click track or whatever. Anyway, almost 4 years ago my 8yo band broke up and since my wife was pregnant at the time, I spent those 4 years without almost touching a guitar. I had a quick stint with a band last year, but it didn't count.

Anyway..that old band of mine just got together for one more show to get some funds to my daughter's surgery. We had our first rehearsal, we sucked but it was cool to playing along some guys. So we scheduled the next rehearsal for today, one hour from now. A couple our ago, the bassist sent me an email telling me his plane was delayed so he couldn't make it to the rehearsal. I tought 'Ok, cool, airplanes get late...'. So we thought of doing it without him anyway, as our 2nd guitar player didnt join us on the last rehearsal. Just for safety, I asked my wife to call the drummer and he was 'humm...can me make it one hour later? Also, I need to bring my wife, my daughter' yada yada yada. Ok, if it wasnt for the fact that his wife is a bitch, hates us and stays all the time with that :bah: face when he is along with us. And the story has repeated itself over 8 years, changing just the excuse. And I know it repeats itself on every other band...which completely sucks.

Ok, back to fapping.

I've got one for ya. I moved back from Germany after 5 years and started playing with my old drummer who had a new band, I really couldn't get into the new music he was playing the guitarist sucked in a bad way, so we started a nice brutal side project and after a few months of jamming we had about 5 new songs and an old friend of ours turned singer and had a really awesome talent for screamo/brutality vokills ..so the drummer invites him to play with his cheese band and our project was broke up just like that...