Just got back from the NYC show

Michelle ... thanks again for the ticket :kickass: ... was good meeting you.

you're right, the INDIANS pit was amazing. I was right down there at the edge of the tornado ... damn ... Scott wanted a pit like the one in the olden days of Lamour's and he got it for sure.

I am totally beat up today ... sweated my balls off and all my bones hurt.

I never bring my camera and then find out that afterwards, I could have. I've missed out on good shots many times because of it.

Anyway, I had a very small pocketbook and it was at the bottom of it. When they checked inside, they didn't see it. I was hesitant to take pictures but then I saw this dude kept taking pictures with his cell phone. Security has to know that people have picture phones, lets be serious. At one point I said fuck it and took pictures. The bouncers were too busy with the crowd surfers at that point to worry about me and my fuzzy pictures. I would never dare bring in a professional grade camera of course. Plus when I checked the site, I didn't see anything about cameras not being allowed nor did I hear an announcement. If its on the site, I didn't see it and if there was an annoucement, I didn't hear it. If I had, I wouldn't have dared done it.

I asked the security guys at the door and the said cameras are o.k without a flash. Other then that stick a disposable down your shorts or get a phone cam.

prime666 said:
I asked the security guys at the door and the said cameras are o.k without a flash. Other then that stick a disposable down your shorts or get a phone cam.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they would've let me bring my Canon digicam in. You can turn the flash on/off, and to be honest, since I'm normally not all that close, I don't use the flash anyway. It's got a ridiculous 12x optical zoom w/ image stabilizer, but like I said above, it's too big for a pocket or anything.

Ah well, I was prolly too drunk to take pictures last night anyway, lol

Thanks for the pictures man, you got about 5 of my friend (The guy with the grey sweatshirt with red inside the hood) and a couple with me too (i think).

wow Im suprised they were so good without John Bush on vocals I mean Joey is just so terrible, this reunion is so bad I mean jeez

FUCK EM ALL THIS CLASSIC LINE UP RUNS CIRCLES AROUND ANY OTHER LINE UP ANTHRAX EVER HAS HAD ON A STAGE. GO SEE THEM LIVE YOU WILL SEE HOW ANTHRAX IS SUPPOSED TO DO IT! CANT WAIT FOR A NEW ALBUM!

ironmaidenfan09 said:
wow Im suprised they were so good without John Bush on vocals I mean Joey is just so terrible, this reunion is so bad I mean jeez

FUCK EM ALL THIS CLASSIC LINE UP RUNS CIRCLES AROUND ANY OTHER LINE UP ANTHRAX EVER HAS HAD ON A STAGE. GO SEE THEM LIVE YOU WILL SEE HOW ANTHRAX IS SUPPOSED TO DO IT! CANT WAIT FOR A NEW ALBUM!

Maybe if you use size seven font, instead of size five font, you will convince more people.

great show last night in NYC. I was with my friend when Mike Piazza came walking by, and she didn't believe it was him. So to the poster that confirmed it, thank you. I also saw comedian Jim Florentine there. He was on stage with Eddie Trunk when the band was announced. I've never seen so much energy between a crowd and five musicians. I've seen Slayer a million times, but last night's show took the cake. It was also great to see the age ranges of 12-13 to like late 40's-early 50s, all enjoying the same music. The crowd was seriously all walks of life, and it was great to see that a lot of different people go nuts for this shit still. The band was amazing, and I heard Scott say that they were going to do a new album and it would be the heaviest, most brutal anthrax record ever. Can't wait. Be All End All ruled, BTW.

Thank you all for the nice words. Thank you even more for the experience. This NYC show was better than any I can remember. I don't know how Chicago can top it. Day off in Philly today. Cheesesteak and sleep.
We did Parasite last night.

Mr. Wu said:
Thank you all for the nice words. Thank you even more for the experience. This NYC show was better than any I can remember. I don't know how Chicago can top it. Day off in Philly today. Cheesesteak and sleep.
Im sorry I couldnt make it to the show in NYC, I would have been first in line. I wore my Anthrax shirt for my show in your honor haha

Mr. Wu said:
Cheesesteak.......................Geno's or Pat's?????????

This is a great thread - the show seems to have been superb. And go the new record - cannot wait.

Wow, glad everyone had such a kick ass time... So fucking jealous that there is no show anywhere close to Boston...

Mr. Wu said:

I MISSED A KISS SONG!?!?!?!? DAMN YOU!!!! Next time I want "Makin Love."

prime666 said:
To top it off I had the honor if watching the show from the side of the stage and for the first time did not get in the pit at an Anthrax show. I was amazed to see the crowd and the band from their point of view.

Hey man... I thought I saw you over there!! I was across the other side on the lower mezzanine. I ended up going into the city last minute and they ran out of passes, so I missed catching up with everyone. I could tell through the fog machine that you were having a great time. Nokia kind of sucks but the crowd energy was rampant. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it.

I was at the NYC show and out of the 9 concerts I've been to (only 1 other was Anthrax), it fucking owned all of them. It was my 2nd general admission concert and i expected it to be like BLS in OCtober where there was a pit but nothing crazy and it was easily avoidable. Saturday on the other hand the energy was fucking amazing. The entire floor was one big mosh pit and I never expected to but i loved every second of it, i even crowd surfed 5 times which i never imagined i'd never do. I have a new found respect for the reunited line-up too after the show. Maybe its because the first time i saw them it was at the beacon with all seats so there wasnt much energy but Joey seemed to be much more into it with the crowd than John did. All in all it was easily the best show I've ever been to.