Just got back from the NYC show

mrthrax said:
anthrax will keep on fighting and making people take notice,great to see they are winning people over,lets hope more join the ride.

I was pretty shocked when Joey (I think it was him and not Scott) asked how many people were at the show that had never seen Anthrax before, and a lot of hands went up. I'm going on 35 next week, and that makes me pretty happy that younger folks people get the opportunity to appreciate old school metal.

Eddie NYC said:
I was pretty shocked when Joey (I think it was him and not Scott) asked how many people were at the show that had never seen Anthrax before, and a lot of hands went up. I'm going on 35 next week, and that makes me pretty happy that younger folks people get the opportunity to appreciate old school metal.

make that next month.....

Mr. Wu said:
Thank you all for the nice words. Thank you even more for the experience. This NYC show was better than any I can remember. I don't know how Chicago can top it. Day off in Philly today. Cheesesteak and sleep.
We did Parasite last night.

Scott, please do not be a wang. Please play Skeletons, Aftershock, Parasite, and any other lesser heard songs when you are in Allentown. PLEASE. (PANIC, PLAY IT)

ps.... Gino's is way better then Patt's, but I'm sure it's too late by now. Provolone w/ = a little piece of philly heaven.

Mr. Wu said:
Cool pics. That marquee is so Vegas!!! The show was sickkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!
Among, Metal Thrashing Mad, Got The Time, Caught, AIR, Madhouse, Skeleton (yes, I did fuck up in the intro because I forgot to wear a wristband and the pick slipped out of my fingers, what a rookie mistake!), Antisocial, NFL, Medusa, Indians, Be All, I'm The Man, Aftershock, Law.
The circle pit in Indians was the biggest I've seen since the Olympic Auditorium in 1986. Unbelievable. Thank you so much. This was the best show in NYC. The show was incredible and the energy in the crowd was ridiculous.Thank you NYC. Queens in the house!!!!!!!

Thanks about the pics. I was able to get a few good shots from that spot, right on the rail in the middle section. I'm too old to be on the floor anymore! In fact, the last time I saw Anthrax was at Lamour in 1985. It seems I saw the band there a handful of times that year. I also remember seeing S.O.D at Lamour, opening for Overkill. :kickass: At one point my girlfriend turned to me Saturday night and pointed at the dance floor and said "Look how crazy they're going!" "It was like that at Lamour all the time," I bragged. :cool: At Lamour it was always a challenge just to stay on your feet, and the great thing about it was that everybody there was out to have a good time, and there were never any fights. I hung out a lot at CBs from '86 to '89 and, in my opinion, that scene could have taken a lesson from the Lamour crowd. I'm always going on about all the great shows I saw in Brooklyn, so when you said "Let's bring this back to the way it was at Lamour," I think my girlfriend finally believed I wasn't completely full of shit, so thanks! :headbang:

The whole set sounded great, with a couple of cool surprises. Tight as ever, and a lot of energy! The funny thing is, there are so many shitty bands out there, who've never really done anything original, and they charge twice the door price of the gig that night. Yes, I'm old, but I still think heavy music is in a bad way. I can't take all the fucking growling! So it'll be refreshing if Anthrax does put out a new album with this lineup. :headbang:

Funniest moment of the night: watching Joey attempt to thank God Forbid, and completely forget their name..."the gods...the gods..."(silence)... :lol:

Good luck the rest of the way!
icon14.gif

Yeah I was gonna ask if the cheesesteak was from Geno's or Pat's too...South Philly right on Passyunk Avenue. I'm in Queens now but I'm moving back to Philly in June...just curious why you guys didn't play Philly this time around?

Great show in NYC...had a great time at the soundcheck and meet and greet...thanks to you and Charlie for clarifying that my pictures that I took with you guys in the past was actually the listening for Stomp442 and not Sound of White Noise that I thought it was all these years :loco: what else am I gonna talk to you about...they were rushing us out the door...atleast I got a picture with Joey :D

Take care,
Shana

Mr. Wu said:
Thank you all for the nice words. Thank you even more for the experience. This NYC show was better than any I can remember. I don't know how Chicago can top it. Day off in Philly today. Cheesesteak and sleep.
We did Parasite last night.

poker_fan_in_nyc said:
Yeah I was gonna ask if the cheesesteak was from Geno's or Pat's too...South Philly right on Passyunk Avenue. I'm in Queens now but I'm moving back to Philly in June...just curious why you guys didn't play Philly this time around?

Great show in NYC...had a great time at the soundcheck and meet and greet...thanks to you and Charlie for clarifying that my pictures that I took with you guys in the past was actually the listening for Stomp442 and not Sound of White Noise that I thought it was all these years :loco: what else am I gonna talk to you about...they were rushing us out the door...atleast I got a picture with Joey :D

Take care,
Shana

hey I think I was in front of you on the line for the soundcheck! You showed me those pics after I took pictures with Dan and Joey when they were walking down the street.

p10700925ii.jpg

p10700948do.jpg

p10701126zl.jpg

Whoah darn than I can't go tomorrow. Me being a 15 year old guy, I have school! PLEASE TOUR AGAIN ANTHRAX!

Hi there :wave: ...yeah you were in front of me...Your pictures look better on the computer than your camera. ;) My camera's battery died as soon as I got into the meet and greet...atleast one of the guys there took a picture of me and Joey (I just need him to e-mail it to me)...Take care

Shana

ElectricCrown said:
hey I think I was in front of you on the line for the soundcheck! You showed me those pics after I took pictures with Dan and Joey when they were walking down the street.

p10700925ii.jpg

p10700948do.jpg

p10701126zl.jpg

Star Matt said:
Whoah darn than I can't go tomorrow. Me being a 15 year old guy, I have school! PLEASE TOUR AGAIN ANTHRAX!
Fuck School. The school will still be there tomorrow. Your only going to live once. Go.

FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of all the pics I took from the gig. TWO came out! No flash cameras were aloud so I figured with a non flash cam I could just raise the brightness till something showed! To bad you can't increase something that isnt there..................... FUCK!