Just got my KRK's...

Line666

Fendurr
Sep 2, 2006
Jesus christ, what bloody massive step up from cheapo pc speakers!

I never realised that all the albums I listened to actually had a bass guitar on them before. :loco:

I'd equate this to some sort of religious experience, I've been sitting here grinning like a chimp with a banana for the last two hours. :D

It's amazing just sitting listening to your favourite records and realising that you never actually could hear half of the nuances that were there before.

Having said all this, I think my neighbors hate me already, I'm hearing major thumping on the walls, bastards can't even let me appreciate my new speakers for two hours straight :p

Anyway, majorly awwwwwesome!

(Something is wrong, I'm never this enthusiastic, this is a totally new thing for me :lol:)

Ah man, believe me when I say that the speakers I was using werent even as good as the studio pro 3's :p

Kev, I wish dude, I've still got a proper interface, drum mics, and a new amp on the 'to buy' list :D

if i was using genelecs id be thinking AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EARRRRSSS ITS LIKE A FUCKING KNIFE.

they're a little toppy.
better than mackie 824s by a long shot; but what isnt

Nice work dude. I tried a set of those and they stood up favourably to the Event Opals. Still got slaughtered by them, but they didn't sound horrible in contrast. They actually sounded on par to me, if not better, than the Adam A7s alongside. The A7s skew the frequency response in a weird way that doesn't sound natural at all to me.

Either way, the Gen 2s are actually some decent monitors unlike the first generation. I had a pair of Rokit 8s here for a few months and hated every minute of it. No detail in the tops, cloudy mids and midbass.. horrible in every way. Gen 2 is a completely different sound.

tried the rokit 8's vs the vxt 8's the other day, still a difference of course, at 2x the price, but overall very nice speakers.

the m-audio's they had they had there sounded very bad in comparison, just a weird and exaggerated
don't remember the model but they had an 8" inch woofer too.

tried the rokit 8's vs the vxt 8's the other day, still a difference of course, at 2x the price, but overall very nice speakers.

the m-audio's they had they had there sounded very bad in comparison, just a weird and exaggerated
don't remember the model but they had an 8" inch woofer too.

and when have M-Audio ever been known for Monitors. I wouldnt have expected anything else.

The first Day I got My RP8 G2's One of the woofers blew, so i borrowed some VXT8's from My work until the RP's were fixed. Sounded incredible. The had this really True and smooth Midrange That the RP8's lacked. When i got them back i didnt wanna give the VXT's Back at all! The RP8's still Kick ass. I chose them over Mackie MR8's and the Yamaha Hs80's hands down, plus they look freakin awesome!!

if i was using genelecs id be thinking AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EARRRRSSS ITS LIKE A FUCKING KNIFE.

Well, I have the Genelec 8030's, and I've really liked the top end on them alot, but I'm slowly growing deaf anyways (I can't hear anything above 20k), so... But yeah, after listening to mainly hifi-speakers for the past ~15 years they are a bit harsh compared to them, but in a good way because the stereofield is also really much cleaner and separative.

And to bust the myth: they feel like ear stab only if you listen them superloud. At lower volumes they actually sound supernice because you don't have to turn them up as loud as other speakers. Especially watching mostly dialog based movies (which is those that don't have Vin Diesel, 239 explosions and jeep barrel rolls in them) is really nice because the highs are really uncluttered.

And mixing is really a breeze because of them if you use a similiar sounding reference record. The only problem I've found when mixing is the low end, but I mainly blame this room for that as I can't sit in the sweet spot for the bass (which is oddly enough 70cm to the right from this spot), but I will live only temporary here when I am stydying (for the next 2-3 years), so I don't even bother treating this room, because it would be just a waste of money. I'll rather use the money on better gear and mix the low end at the schools treated control room. But I will treat the next room that I will work on.

Andy uses Genelecs too, btw