Just Got WATERSHED Deluxe Package

Do you know what is completely homosexual? (no offense to anyone) I went to Hastings today to see if they had the Opeth albulm in early. Got there, asked the lady, she looked on the computer, and she was like "Wow. Hey, we actually got it in yesterday!" So we went over to the shelf and she looked for it, and it wasn't there....so she looked back on the computer and she was like, "Well we did get it in yesterday...there's copies in the back....but we aren't allowed to sell them till the 3rd because of contract issues, sorry."...

:cry:

Seriously....I coulda just gave her money, she coulda pulled the scan sticker off....and scanned the sticker on the 3rd and there you go. Sucks cuz I also knew someone else who worked at the store and is my freind and he prolly coulda got it for me but he wasn't working today and I don't know his number...

tbh I don't see the point in paying extra for the deluxe if the bonus tracks
are only on the DVD.

Yeah, this was not particularly good for me, since at the moment, my DVD/TV setup does not involve the stereo, so I had to listen to the bonus tracks on a crapy setup.

BUT.

HAving listened to them, I'm actually happy they weren't part of the album. That does not mean that I think they suck. My gatitude for that probably has more to do with my ultra-peeved state (which reamins today) at having bonus tracks on MAYH, which effectively ruin the entire nifty little cyclical thing they have going, besides having nothing to DO with the album itself. I find myself having to run for the "stop" button every time, which is an annoyance. I'd have preferred having those bonus cover tracks as a seperate disc instead. I know Opeth had nothing to do with that decision, so this is not an official bitch session or anything...

But now, picky cow that I am, I kinda want it both ways this time around...I want the bonus tracks on a format that I can listen to on my stereo (or walkman), PLUS I don't want them as part of the actual album.

:lol::lol::lol:

I might have to shoot myself in the face.

Seriously....I coulda just gave her money, she coulda pulled the scan sticker off....and scanned the sticker on the 3rd and there you go. Sucks cuz I also knew someone else who worked at the store and is my freind and he prolly coulda got it for me but he wasn't working today and I don't know his number...

That wouldn't have worked at all.. and why should she risk her job so some person she doesn't know could have a CD they want a couple of days early? It's pretty risky selling before the embargo date.

Your avatar is wicked cool and would be a great alternative Still Life cover...better than the remake of it (the lady had such a long chin on it, that i hated it, and edited her chin, and made it smaller :p).

I don't see what the big deal about release dates....
It also bothers me that these albulms probably are completely finished about a half year before they release them =/.
I guess building up tension and anticipation is a good marketing stradegy, but releasing Watershed on the same exact day as Disturbed's new albulm isnt. :p

Yeah, this was not particularly good for me, since at the moment, my DVD/TV setup does not involve the stereo, so I had to listen to the bonus tracks on a crapy setup.

BUT.

HAving listened to them, I'm actually happy they weren't part of the album. That does not mean that I think they suck. My gatitude for that probably has more to do with my ultra-peeved state (which reamins today) at having bonus tracks on MAYH, which effectively ruin the entire nifty little cyclical thing they have going, besides having nothing to DO with the album itself. I find myself having to run for the "stop" button every time, which is an annoyance. I'd have preferred having those bonus cover tracks as a seperate disc instead. I know Opeth had nothing to do with that decision, so this is not an official bitch session or anything...

But now, picky cow that I am, I kinda want it both ways this time around...I want the bonus tracks on a format that I can listen to on my stereo (or walkman), PLUS I don't want them as part of the actual album.

:lol::lol::lol:

I might have to shoot myself in the face.

I am with you 100%.

I'm almost certain crazy eyes is a morph of the band members' faces. The left eye looks like Mike's, the right being Axe's. The nose is Mendez's and the mouth is Fredrik's. I can't seem to figure out where Per fits in, though.

... or not.

The whole thing looks modeled onto Per's face.

I guess its too late for me to get the Delux edition, but I mainly just want the CD + DVD + Vinyls so I guess I can just buy em seperate

Your exactly right, that must be what they where going for, I thought he just had a lazy eye, but if you cover up half his face he's normal on one side and pissed on the other. Pretty sweet.

I read the same thing a long time ago about a Robert Johnson photo, that if you cover up one side you'll see a different face or expression or something.