just out of curiosity....

Are you talking about a career? Cars? Food?

As far as I know, most women seem to be the less decisive sex. They don't know if they should eat this or that, they don't know how they should do their hair, they don't even know if they should go to the bathroom by themselves.

I think most people (women and men included) have trouble finding what they want in life. I also think this applies more to creative or adventurous people. Creative and adventurous people are always in search of the next challenge or something that will make them feel like they are a part of something important. Most people in our society seem to be worried about monetary gain when they think of life goals. Whenever money comes into quesiton, people lose track of what it was that brought them true happiness. I speak from experience. I know I don't know what I want to do with my life, but at the same time I know exactly what would make me happy. Why don't I just change my life and do what makes me happy? It's a long story.

Anyway. . . I don't think the pursuit of a purpose in life is only limited to men. Just as many women have the same problem. That is why we are indicisive about what we want from life.

Usually, nobody can be directly reminded of what it is that makes life seem so great. What I mean is that (for example) you can't make somebody realize what they love in life. They have to figure it out for themselves. For me, whenever I see a great live band I am reminded of when I was in a band, and I want to be up on that stage so bad I'd do anything to be there. Anyway . . . it's very hard to help remind someone of what they love in life. They have to figure it out for themselves. Whether it is through consience searching or through some accident or random occurence. The other problem is once someone knows why they are unhappy, they need the motivation to change it.

I don't really know what I want from life. It's hard to say, but I think I want a family and friends that I care for. To me, money is good to have, but it's not equal to happiness! I've just decided what education to start on, but let's see if that's what I want to do the rest of my life.
I just want to be sure that when I die, I know that I got what I wanted from my life. Maybe life would have been easier if you were a frog, fish or something. As a human you have to make all sorts of different choises. I'm not sure that it secures my happiness to choose the education I have chosen, drink beers every Friday or Saturday night, collect loads of records and watch movies. It's kind of depressing to know that you will die someday and you don't have another chance to get what you want. I want to marry Tyra Banks and live a happy life, but that's not going to happen, so I'll have to settle for something else. I'm 21, but I'm already starting to feel kind of old and like I'm standing still and not going anywhere. Maybe it's because every day is the same. From September to February I worked at a factory and it was real easy, but I had to get up at 6 A.M. to get there and in the evenings I was so tired that I didn't talk to anyone and just listened to records or maybe watched TV. That was kind of depressing to have a day like that EVERY day! Now I don't do anything really. Listen to records and watching tv/movies, but I don't know if that's so much better.
The most depressing thing though, is to know that I'll die one day. It's depressing to think I will end as a person and my mind will stop thinking. It's hard to explain what I mean. Maybe I shouldn't think of these things, as it might depress me even more. :cry:

depends on what exactly you want.
As for me, I think I know what I want to achieve in life. But on the other hand.... it has been like this, and it will be again like this, that I will go through life changing experiences, and that all may be different the next morning by figure of speech.

The only thing I can surely say is that I hate predictability and a lack of variation.

who knows what does he/she wants from life?
I mean if you are less than 50 years old it's ok not to know what you want from life

We are all confused because the world is confused!:D
So listen to music and have great sex and maybe a good bottle of beer or what ever you drink.
And try to make through this life with a half of grin.

Only a few really know what they want... those are usually sick and disturbed people, or really wealthy people.

Wants change with time...

Originally posted by xenophobe
Only a few really know what they want... those are usually sick and disturbed people, or really wealthy people.

Really wealthy people are the worst off. They get hellbent on money, and have to get more money and more money and more. So much of their time is spent getting money, they dont enjoy their life. Thats what I think anyway. This doesnt necessarily go for every rich person, but dare I say that it goes for a lot.

As long as I have fun, friends, a good time. All I need to live with and some stuff that I want, and relax. I would consider life a success. I dont see any particular goals. Things can change quicker than you think, I would rather take things as they come.

Hey I know what I want I just want to lay on the lake and sunbath and just make enough to pay bills and go on a vacation once a year!
and watch some television or a movie.
and listen to some bleeping heavy metal music and jam.:D