Just spend 14 hours mixing, what do you think?

The first track is pumping a bit too much indeed, it's mostly coming from that kick and it's low end... i would scoop-eq the toms as well.
Otherwise, great riffage mang, makes me want to punch babies in the face. ;)

The first track is pumping a bit too much indeed, it's mostly coming from that kick and it's low end... i would scoop-eq the toms as well.
Otherwise, great riffage mang, makes me want to punch babies in the face. ;)

This new one is pumping too? Dayum, I think it's the limiter that I'm using. it's by Waves.

Waves L2 Limiter Maximiser I think it is. How should I use those things? I put like -4 on the threshold and set the release to about 500 (max is 1000) and it makes everything sound awesome, but pumps... do you have any tips for using a limiter/maximiser effectively?

Hey guys, I just invested in some Joey Sturgis samples which Ola told me about, so a new mix with those shal be included soon (if they work / I like them in the mix).

Excellent sounding samples though guys! $17.50 for 3 Toms and a Snare .gog and I think .wav also, I downloaded them before I went out, so I'll have to check the contents later on.

That's about £11 for us Brits...

I'll keep you updated with the new mix I've got going.. it's sounding much cleaner, beefier and generally just better.

Only things I'm not happy about are the Toms and Snare (Which is why I bought the samples).

Cya soon!

Joe

Sounds real tight now! I think the intro should be a little louder though, because when the song kicks in, it's a pretty big difference. Once you get some vocals on this, remember to share the result with us!

Thanks guys! Agreed about the intro being too quiet. :D Wish I could get some more "seasoned" opinions in here too though, see what they thought. Not that your ears arn't able to help my cause though, I really appreciate the itme you guys take to check me out... no wait.. I meant check my music out hahaha :D

I'll say one thing, at around the 10 to 12 hour mark of ANY one continuous session with the sameeeeee song or sameeeeeee sound, you're not doing anyone any favors.....

That's just me, though. I'm fried at the 9-10 hour mark and I stop. Only because I know when I wake up the next day, I'm probably going to re-do all that I did after that 10 hour mark, no matter how badass I thought it might be at the time....

my brain doesn't seem to have the capacity to objectively and creatively judge and mix music after around 9-10 hours of being in the studio....

I think it sounds decent, but it's obviously just over-baked, which I am guilty of as well, trust me.

It seems you mixed all the balls and feeling out of it? IDK...

I'll say one thing, at around the 10 to 12 hour mark of ANY one continuous session with the sameeeeee song or sameeeeeee sound, you're not doing anyone any favors.....

That's just me, though. I'm fried at the 9-10 hour mark and I stop. Only because I know when I wake up the next day, I'm probably going to re-do all that I did after that 10 hour mark, no matter how badass I thought it might be at the time....

my brain doesn't seem to have the capacity to objectively and creatively judge and mix music after around 9-10 hours of being in the studio....

I think it sounds decent, but it's obviously just over-baked, which I am guilty of as well, trust me.

It seems you mixed all the balls and feeling out of it? IDK...

Yeah man, in total I've put around 30 hours into it by now, I keep going back to edit it and reupload it etc.. I just dunno where to take it... it sounds "mixed" but doesn't sound magical or powerful etc.

any ideas on how to improve it?

open mix.

reset mixer.

save as.

close.

come back tomm morning and work a couple hours on it.

walk away and do something every hour or so for a 'break' ( i like smoking, you pick yer own poision, haha).

don't stay up late obsessing. fuck it.

listen to a record you LOVE when going to sleep on a nice pair of headphones or something similar that you're very familiar with.

start again the next day!

and let me know how it works out, hahaha.