Just spend 14 hours mixing, what do you think?

Sounds pretty good, and a great guitar tone dude, especially if you are recording through a Mic in :D I used to get such shit tones doing it that way, but you are getting tones like this \m/

open mix.

reset mixer.

save as.

close.

come back tomm morning and work a couple hours on it.

walk away and do something every hour or so for a 'break' ( i like smoking, you pick yer own poision, haha).

don't stay up late obsessing. fuck it.

listen to a record you LOVE when going to sleep on a nice pair of headphones or something similar that you're very familiar with.

start again the next day!

and let me know how it works out, hahaha.

Yeah man, sounds like a good idea.. it's one of those things you think... gah I've put so much time into this I don't wanna start over.. but I guess it makes sense.

One track that really gets me going atm is Periphery's - Icarus Lives, that track is so feckin beefy.. here's a link:

But I've no idea how to get that type of sound at all. It sounds really scooped to me?

Plus the kicks in this sound awesome :

just seems like when I use any other kick from what I have it doesn't "fit".. maybe that's just my brain fighting the familiarity?

The snare sounds like a tea bag hitting thin air to me :erk:

Hahaha well.. I'm British and as such I happen to really enjoy Tea :D

Sounds pretty good, and a great guitar tone dude, especially if you are recording through a Mic in :D I used to get such shit tones doing it that way, but you are getting tones like this m/

Hahahaha thanks man that's very kind of you to say :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Im British & like tea, but not a fan of the snare. Try an expander if you want to kill some of the "ruffles".....or if your compressing it a slower attack perhaps?

Im British & like tea, but not a fan of the snare. Try an expander if you want to kill some of the "ruffles".....or if your compressing it a slower attack perhaps?

I know HOW to get rid of it etc, I just can't decide WHERE to cut it.. seems like the snare can either pop and have no ruffle or pop and keep it.. if I cut it with a long roll off (release on the gate / comp) half way through it sounds wierd.

Nice riffing! Agree on the snare, I do not like! Guitars sounds very cool imo..

Thanks man! Looks like I need to sort this snare out then.

Go for it man, I just feel a little pissed that I paid $5 for something I won't use :(

Dude, I bought the Joey snare yesterday and tried to blend it in with a sample im working on and it just didn't work. However im sure it will come in handy for a different style one day. You can't argue with 3 quid! :lol:

New mix sounds good except the snare is sooooo loud. I think if you brought it down a few dBs it would actually work quite well.