Just when I had convinced myself that there was no shame in owning the GOOD Metallica

uvaldo

Premium Member
May 2, 2002
Pasadena, TX
Visit site
...CDs.

I've got nothing against Meshuggah, just see if you can spot any interesting comments made by THE AUTHORITY on Metal.

(From
BLABBERMOUTH.NET)

METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT: 'MESHUGGAH Is Brilliant' - Oct. 30, 2002

METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has been singing the praises of Sweden's MESHUGGAH, calling the band's music "really fucking interesting."

“You know, I think MESHUGGAH is brilliant," Hammett said in a recent interview. "A lot of that extreme stuff doesn't make much sense to me, but when I heard MESHUGGAH, and everybody was talking about them at Ozzfest, I just sort of... I just respect it a lot. That type of stuff, it's not something that I listen to on a daily basis but it's interesting to me. And there's not a lot of metal stuff that is that interesting. But like MESHUGGAH, that's really fucking interesting. You sit there and say, how does he actually play that on drums? And then you start getting into like, well, does he actually play that on drums (laughs)? But it sits in a very different place compared to anything else I've heard."

"And there's not a lot of metal stuff that is that interesting" yeh, not from you or your other jerkass motherfucker bandmates.
-neal

Originally posted by neal
"And there's not a lot of metal stuff that is that interesting" yeh, not from you or your other jerkass motherfucker bandmates.
-neal

muahahahahaha

I know this is kind of off the topic, but now there are a lot of people that are like, "Oh! Messuggah! Wow!" And you know, I knew who they were three years ago, as I'm sure a lot of other people did. But it really just drives me nuts when all of a sudden these bands get recognized, and everyone is suddenly such a die hard fan. And I'm not saying that they don't deserve this attention. Don't get me wrong. But I mean, if all of a sudden, everyone was talking about what a great band Nevermore are, like they were brand new, we'd all be sitting here going, "Yeah, we've listened to them for x amount of years. Where have you people been?" It's like Christopher Columbus "discovering" America. There were already people here.

Originally posted by Skreemqueen
I know this is kind of off the topic, but now there are a lot of people that are like, "Oh! Messuggah! Wow!" And you know, I knew who they were three years ago, as I'm sure a lot of other people did. But it really just drives me nuts when all of a sudden these bands get recognized, and everyone is suddenly such a die hard fan. And I'm not saying that they don't deserve this attention. Don't get me wrong. But I mean, if all of a sudden, everyone was talking about what a great band Nevermore are, like they were brand new, we'd all be sitting here going, "Yeah, we've listened to them for x amount of years. Where have you people been?" It's like Christopher Columbus "discovering" America. There were already people here.
yep. i had heard meshuggah and dismissed them as shitty like 4 years ago haha.
-neal

Originally posted by DEVIANCE
FUCK and i thought kirk was one of the last great metalli-cat's

Kirk's always been a dumb fuck... If only he'd learn a goddamn new scale. Pentatonic takes it up the ass... doo dah, doo dah.

Kirk is a fucking coke headed motherfucker, in his hawaiian shirt with his surfboard, he can suck thornedal's balls for all i care.

there's not a lot of metal stuff that is that interesting

Bullshit you greasy little fucker. If you weren't so fucking busy growing a bald-spot, then maybe you would have noticed Theory in Practice, Alarum or Testament... not interesting? FUck you, little worm man.

what is TBA? i heard that 'dead kennedy roll' song or whatever. what a fucking piece of shit that was hahaha. LOAD and RELOAD were in fact the same project, and they both fucking blew. metallica is through. get over it people.
-neal

ya, The Black Album... and no.. you DIDNT hear DKRoll....... you heard 40 seconds of it from a clip taken from the Jump in the Studio website... boy will you people be eating your hats when the new cd comes out

Originally posted by Skreemqueen

Well you can't blame people for not knowing every band :rolleyes: