Just when I had convinced myself that there was no shame in owning the GOOD Metallica

I could be wrong and if I am someone can tell me to eat my shoes, but Metallica has been passed by. they were innovators, and they were on top for a long time, but from here on out they're playing catch up. Kirk saying there isn't a whole lot of interesting metal, Hetfield cleaning up, it all points to me that they will still be considered metal but will be incorporating more and more different things into their music, and their old fans who can't or won't adapt will have to move on to something else.

face it mate.
metallica are not what they used to be.
if they ever release an album that is 5% as good as master of puppets then i will blow a goat.
It took me a long time to come to grips with it too but they are trendy fucking mtv top of the pop's sell-out bitches.
look for them in the new ck ad.

Bob Rock Incorporates Polka into Metallica's Sound (AP)
October 31

Superstar Producer Bob Rock revealed some details regarding his recent production work with metal trendsetters Metallica.

"Kirk (Hammet) and James (Hetfield) have grown increasingly dissatisfied with the state of metal in general and their band in particular," stated Rock. "They want Metallica to grow and incorporate new elements and not remain stagnant."

"I really began to listen to different forms of music when I was in rehab," says Hetfield. "Many of the winos in the clinic with me were older fellows and they would play bluegrass and one man in particular was a polish immigrant, and he would play polkas. It's a musical form which is very captivating. I think if Metallica fans give this music a chance, they'll soon be as fond of clog dancing as I am."

Hammet agrees. "We need to grow, and James's polka playing on accordion is a strong addition to our sound."

But don't discount other influences: "Obviously, I'm getting older," says Hammet. "With my oily look, I'm frequently hit on by gay men, and to tell you the truth, it's quite flattering. After my first few gay encounters, I began to feel the pulsating magic of disco, and I think if more Metallica fans got in touch with their inner gay self, they would feel more free, more alive."

kirk hammett is a limp wristed, lisping fag! who cares what he listens to or thinks??????

the fact remains him and his faggy cohorts abandoned ship when the going got tough. and the old metallica is stale and doesnt compare to most other bands.

i must give SOME credit to megadeth..... at least dave mustaine came clean and ADMITTED he sold out. his exact quote was "we tried to cross over into alternative and pop radio.... but for every 1 or 2 fans we gained we lost 3 or 4 in the process"

age has nothing to do with it. its all about greed and fear.

metallica sucks pony peters

Ihave to admit you are the funniest ever
hahahaajaha
Lars is the biggest smallest fucking asshole I've ever met in my life

Bitch slaps all around for him/her

keep up the spirit man

Originally posted by Unregistered
Bob Rock Incorporates Polka into Metallica's Sound (AP)
October 31

Superstar Producer Bob Rock revealed some details regarding his recent production work with metal trendsetters Metallica.

"Kirk (Hammet) and James (Hetfield) have grown increasingly dissatisfied with the state of metal in general and their band in particular," stated Rock. "They want Metallica to grow and incorporate new elements and not remain stagnant."

"I really began to listen to different forms of music when I was in rehab," says Hetfield. "Many of the winos in the clinic with me were older fellows and they would play bluegrass and one man in particular was a polish immigrant, and he would play polkas. It's a musical form which is very captivating. I think if Metallica fans give this music a chance, they'll soon be as fond of clog dancing as I am."

Hammet agrees. "We need to grow, and James's polka playing on accordion is a strong addition to our sound."

But don't discount other influences: "Obviously, I'm getting older," says Hammet. "With my oily look, I'm frequently hit on by gay men, and to tell you the truth, it's quite flattering. After my first few gay encounters, I began to feel the pulsating magic of disco, and I think if more Metallica fans got in touch with their inner gay self, they would feel more free, more alive."

No making fun of polka metal, bitch.