Kalmah revolution

Look All I can say is that Rock 'n' Roll Is not for christians, its a religion of sorts in its self its about going fucking nuts and being fucking nuts and not remembering any of it in the morning its not about "oh its helped me through bad times and kept my faith strong and blehh de blehh" and even on the subject GOD DOESNT EXIST any-fucking-way its a stupid idea that there is some almighty power that resides within all of us and determines our actions well to be honest ill just have to quote Gore Vidal

"The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze Age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved --Judaism, Christianity, Islam. These are sky-god religions. They are, literally, patriarchal --God is the omnipotent father-- hence the loathing of women for 2,000 years in those countries afflicted by the sky-god and his earthly male delegates. The sky-god is a jealous god, of course. He requires total obedience from everyone on earth, as he is in place not for just one tribe but for all creation. Those who would reject him must be converted or killed for their own good. Ultimately, totalitarianism is the only sort of politics that can truly serve the sky-god's purpose. Any movement of a liberal nature endangers his authority and that of his delegates on earth. One God, one King, one Pope, one master in the factory, one father-leader in the family home."

and then an anonymous light of truth

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. — unknown

GRRR God is a figment of a 2000 year old dudes imagination, he has no effect on anything we do, praying to him doesnt fucking matter your just talking to yourself its like going crazy man ohhhh fucking smoke a joint and chillaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Open Your Minds PPl Just Look At The Catholic Inquisition Its All Just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Roman Catholic Inquisition was one of the greatest disasters ever to befall mankind. In the name of Jesus Christ, Catholic priests mounted an enormous effort to kill all "heretics" in Europe and Britain. Heretics is defined whichever way the Religious wanted it defined; it ranged from people who disagreed with official policy, to Hermetic Philosophers [Black Magick Practitioners], to Jews, to Witches, and to the Protestant reformers. Women and children and OAP's wer being burnt and tortured simply for believing in the earth and its spirits and not in the dark sick god of the bible. It was anyone who wasnt christian, DEAD. In The Most Brutal Fashions they could think of.

Corialote
Thanks for reply, your bright Polish mind expressed it quite clear. But is it really nothing that bothering you in this lyrics?

KamarohV
"The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze Age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved --Judaism, Christianity, Islam. These are sky-god religions. They are, literally, patriarchal --God is the omnipotent father-- hence the loathing of women for 2,000 years in those countries afflicted by the sky-god and his earthly male delegates. The sky-god is a jealous god, of course. He requires total obedience from everyone on earth, as he is in place not for just one tribe but for all creation. Those who would reject him must be converted or killed for their own good. Ultimately, totalitarianism is the only sort of politics that can truly serve the sky-god's purpose. Any movement of a liberal nature endangers his authority and that of his delegates on earth. One God, one King, one Pope, one master in the factory, one father-leader in the family home."
It is not about christian God.

'It is not about christian God.'

What do you mean by this? if you are saying that Gore Vidal's speel was not about a christian god, read it again (although it was also about a jewish and islam god but these three are essentially and literally the same god since they were all named Yaweh or YHVH and share the same evil principles). However if you mean that Kalmahs Lyrics are not about a christian god, I think this is highly probable as I have stated before.

But TBH it doesnt fucking matter really people does it, I got a little carried away, forget about it, go smoke a joint and chillaxxxxxe:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have an idea. KamarohV why don't you email with me for a bit. I would love to have a rational discussion about religion with you. Also, this way, we get this thread back on topic and off these petty things. I agree with you KamarohV, metal (rock n roll LOL) is not for Christians but it's neither for rampant atheists such as yourself. It is for EVERYONE. Because art (yes metal is art in case you weren't aware) is not made for one SECT or GROUP of people. It may be more targeted at a certain group, but it is in no way shape or form made EXCLUSIVELY for JUST them. But yes, if any of you would like to discuss this whole religion topic further, please do it outside of this thread, and via email. Thank you, and now back on topic :D

So what do you guys think the lyrics in "Holy Symphony War" mean? All I can recall off the top of my head is

Obviously I've taken that a bit out of context, but still: what do you think the meaning is?

i could have sworn it said
I sing
you sing
we all sing
HOLY SYMPHONY WAR

Holy Symphony of War... Symphony is musical work where there is many people(many instrumentalists) rarely there is chorus(like in bethoven's 9th symphony) but the think is that there is lot of people who plays symphony... holy and war togeather gives "holy war" such is crusade or jihad... and in any war there is lot of people who can sing... so... that quoted part can have meaning that people blinded by religion, with all of their blindness go to war and they like to go to war... becouse someone said them that they should sing holy symphony of war... dunno... I'm wrong probably...

I think that Kalmah like to describe storical/political/social processes (see their idea of dictatorship in One from the Stands). It seems they analyse what happens, so revolutions and dictatorships are just historical processes, not an invitation to revolution.

I'm very interested in reading what do you think about these lyrics.

So what do you guys think the lyrics in "Holy Symphony War" mean?
"Behind the scenery of abundance
No-one hates more than the poor
The scribe are spreading the word
Declare the peace in the name of war"
To me it refers generically to the today's world: while there are wars brought by hypothetical democratic countries (Bush), people keep on living quietly in welfare and richness. Perhaps they also mean that they are "playing war" just like children do virtual wars with playstation.

mmmmm..., ok, i read these lyrics and i think, kalmah a kind of social democrats, because they hate the dictators and social conscience, but they put in the webpage, diary of the revolution, so, they can't be nazis, so for discarding i think that they are a little leftists...

I think that Wings of Blackening can tell us Kalmah's ideas. I've never been able to understand how much sarcastic their lyrics are, but surely they're not too leftists:

"Hey Mr.Vladimir where are you now?
Standing behind your theory of ideology?
Where have gone all you ideas now?
Or can't you see all that God has created?"

At beginning I thought it was Putin, but now I think it's about Lenin communism (his real name was Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov).
I think they're somehow Christian-oriented, in a very intelligent and personal way, that I appreciate from an agnostic point of view as mine. Their ethics can be seen in "Cloned Insanity", and in many songs in which a sacred respect for life is expressed:

"Life is nothing but a gift" [Human fates]

To me Kalmah's God is not always meant to be the Christian one, often it's just an entity which represents people's desires and hopes as they're in some trouble. The Towards the sky's God could be the personification of hope that something can save humanity from itself. In Wings of blackening God could be the Christian God, but could be a not-well defined force underlying the Universe, adaptable to any belief.

Clearly this is my idea, and what I think is an interpretation, I'd like to read a post directly from them to know if what I wrote is just bullshit!

Anyway do you think that To the Gallows could refer to Saddam Hussein,clear exemple of dictator?
"The long arm of law has reached him
This time he cannot fight back
Now walking in procession hands around his back
Surrounded by the people who only want him dead
In his eyes the look reminds he´s not ready to tap
Yesterday a hero now a victim of combat
In Judge´s eyes the look - you´re mine
To the gallows
Says the voice through the white hood
To the rope
Shouts the crowd around the dark hill"

Anyway they're by now my favourite group, with heart-shaking music and intelligent and breath-taking lyrics!! :worship:

I think TBW was released way before the sadam events. Me personally I try not to read much into lyrics nowdays.