Kamelot Appreciation Thread

I'm in between on them... I definitely don't really like them, but they're ok. I got Epica & The Black Halo when they came out. Halo was cool for about 2 listens then I got bored with it. Maybe I should pull it out again soon?

I think it's very mature power metal; not the formulaic traditional stuff. Granted, their older material is a bit formulaic (The Black Halo is a recent record), but it still retains a certain originality. I think they're one of the more creative and innovative power metal bands. The Black Halo definitely showcases some of that creativity.

But I'd recommend you pull out Epica again, and if you find yourself enjoying it, check out The Fourth Legacy and Karma.

Nice thread, mate! I like all of their albums. They really have a knack for writing catchy stuff and I appreciate that Roy is a great singer but rarely shows off. The Fourth Legacy, Epica, and The Black Halo are my favs. Black Halo took a bit to grow on me but there is some fantastic stuff on it.

I have everything from Karma onward, my favorite is probably the black halo. Is the fourth legacy better?